gfxgfxEpic Rock Radiogfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 01, 2014, 03:08:38 am

Login with username, password and session length
It costs over $600 a month to keep Epic Rock Radio on the air.  Please head to our Patron page and make a donation to help keep us on the air!  The site is http://patreon.com/kailef and we really appreciate your help!
gfx
gfx
gfxgfx
gfxgfx gfxgfx
Search:     Advanced search
gfxgfx Home Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
Print
Author Topic: The Official "Introduce Yourself" Thread  (Read 21279 times)
i_am_fabio
ERR Staff
Post Rank 5

Never Forgotten Heroes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2010, 02:09:24 am »

Welcome to ERR Sean!

If you live in Southern California then you should consider hitting the Redemption concert come Febuary 4th. Will see you there if you should decide to go. Gotta support good music when possible.

Glad you found the station. It will help many slow days get on a little faster. Rock on man!  Cool

"If There Is Life After Death, There Is No Death
  And If Death Does Not Exist, We Do Not Live"
anoncastillo

View Profile Email
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2010, 03:56:57 pm »

I'm Paul, I live in Omaha, Nebraska, I'm currently a manager at Taco Bell and I sing in a metal band that doesn't have a name yet. My band is currently looking for a female vocalist who can share keyboard duties with me as well as a second guitarist. You can hear some samples of our music here: http://www.myspace.com/insertnamehereomaha The videos are newer (Celtic Summer is really good), none of them have our drummer yet because he joined the band rather recently.

I first got into this genre of music like 7-8 years ago when a friend sent me some Dream Theater and my brother made me listen to Blind Guardian. Since then, I got into bands like Queensryche, Nightwish, and Stratovarius from other friends recommendations, and I heard about Kamelot, Sonata Arctica, and Sirenia through Pandora online radio. A couple years ago I found out a friend of mine from high school was singing in a band called Cellador, so I reunited with him by going to Chicago to watch them open for Sonata Arctica. You should have seen the look on his face when he was 500 miles from home and he saw one of his old friends banging his head and singing along with their music. ^_^
FeuerFrei-
ERR Champion
Post Rank 1

the freezing fog got me again..

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2010, 09:20:08 pm »

Hi folks, my name is Paul. I am 27 and live in northern NH USA. I work as a software engineer developing database driven web applications. I am into computers as I ought be for my career. My other interests include video games (mostly Quake Live and some consoles). When it is not terrible weather outside I like to go hiking in the mountains.

I stumbled onto this station by chance a few weeks ago. It is a near-perfect fit for my tastes. I was always into metal, but originally just stuff like Alice in Chains, Megadeth, Metallica and other speed/thrash metal. I started getting big into prog metal 3 or 4 years ago and have since discovered symphonic metal, power metal, and every permutation in between. I cannot really go back to the "simple" stuff since it seems so flat by comparison. My current favorites would include Dream Theater, Queensryche, Kamelot, Nightwish, Avantasia, Serenity, Dark Moor, Sonata Arctica, Opeth, Scorpions, Dio, Symphony X, Dimmu Borgir, Amon Amarth, Epica, Edguy, and the list goes on. I have to say it is pretty awesome finding people into the same music, I am so used to no one having a clue about any of the bands that are so frequently played here.
Pkirker

View Profile Email
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2010, 02:05:13 pm »

Real Name is Paul....Live in Northwest Florida (Panama City)..musician..43 Years old..yeah.........used to tour US with a Journey Cover band late Late 80's Early 90's..been into metal longer than most of the Listeners have been alive Smiley

Picked up my first taste of prog Metal etc..in late 80's With DreamTheater...have never gone back since...Still in the music buisness as of date....More in the Booking Agent and Producing Aspect now..I still have side band Projects to keep me fullfilled Smiley
Hatchy
ERR Champion
Post Rank 4

chris_hatch_2004@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2010, 11:52:17 am »

Musician eh ? What instrument(s) do you play then ?

Are they afraid of what we see, they draw their own conclusions
This twist of fate between you and me is far beyond illusion
Far Beyond Illusion
Aqua

Dance, water, dance!

yumiuchiha175@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2010, 07:05:33 am »

Hello everyone!!!!

My name is Nastia and I am 17 years old. I called myself Aqua on this forum 'cause I am a huge fan of Kingdom Hearts games and in the last KH: Birth by Sleep was a character, who was very cool and was named Aqua. Anyway, I am originally from Russia, born in Moscow, though I didn't stay there long 'cause after one year my family went for one year to Belgium. After that we came back for a short time to Moscow back though when I was 4 I already lived in Amsterdam, Holland. I spent there my childhood (4-9) and was learning in a good school called Anne Frank School. Then we came back to Moscow again and stayed there 2,5 years, now I live in Tallinn, Estonia. It's near Russia and above is Finland, for those who don't know it Cheesy So, I know Russian, English, Dutch, Estonian and a little bit German, I am trying to learn it now. It's very similar to Dutch.
I listen mostly to progressive power metal and rock music like Kamelot (my most favourite band), Serenity, Epica, Sons of Seasons. I also like Rammstein and japanese pop/rock. Music from different games and films. I don't play any music instruments but I want a guitar.
I love to play PS2 games, soon I guess it will be also PS3, hehe. My favourite games are FFX and KH. Though I have played FFX-2, FFXII, Naruto Ultimate Ninja, Lara Croft, Rayman, Dirge of Cerberus...
Yes, I am an anime fan too. I watch mostly Naruto/Naruto Shippuuden. Favourite characters are Itachi, Naruto and Deidara.
Anyone who wants to talk with me, just contact. It's always good to meet new people...

Er zijn veel werelden
Maar ze delen alle dezelfde hemel;
Een hemel, een lot

"Got it memorized?"
Artemys
Post Rank 1

Follow the path my arrow flies true too.

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2010, 09:44:24 am »

Welcome Natasia, it's good to meet a fellow Anime/Manga/KH fanatic.....Again Welcome!!!!
elryn
Post Rank 1

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2010, 01:11:37 pm »

Hi all,

My name is Marloes, I'm 26, married for about 6 months and I live in Eindhoven, the Netherlands. At the moment I'm trying to finish my natural sciences master and listen to ERR when I'm writing my thesis. Just like Rose I found this station on the Kamelot website. I'm very happy to finally find a good radio station with good music and without somebody talking half the time.

I've been listening to metal for over 10 years, yet I don't know very many bands that are played here. Unfortunately most of my friends don't listen to metal, so I didn't really get to know any new bands through them. In the last few weeks I've already found some good bands I didn't know and found some bands which I'd forgotten about. Besides bands like Within Temptation, Iced Earth, Dream Theater and Blind Guardian, I also like to listen to metal that isn't played here like In Flames and Opeth.
Timdekw

View Profile Email
« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2010, 03:25:44 am »

This is the first time in my live that I've actually taken the time to figure out how these forums work. Might as well tell a little something about myself. O, and excuse my English here and there, I’ve started reading English novels a couple of months ago but I still have a lot to learn.

This might come as a surprise to you all but my real name is Tim. And explaining the rest of my nickname, my last name is “de Klerk Wolters”. I live in The Hague (Den Haag for the Dutch), it’s a city in The Netherlands and just so you know, this isn’t part of Germany. It almost was but thank god for the Americans  Wink

I was born in Delft on May 3rd 1987 and I lived there for 13 years in a crappy neighborhood filled with a lot of criminal activity. It was a good thing we left because I was afraid to go outside and get my ass kicked once more. Great times, really… Tongue

We moved to a new housing estate near Delft and just outside of The Hague. It was quiet and a great place for me to make some new friends.
After a while I kind of changed my new made friends in for some even newer friends and that was the beginning of a troubling time for me including a lot of senseless aggression, alcohol, illegal narcotics (even illegal in The Netherlands),  getting to know the people at the police stations and even sleeping over several times, community service, skipping school, being unemployed… You name it, I did it from the age of 15 till 18.
When I was just about to turn 18 my stepfather offered me a job at the place he works and I met my current girlfriend. This combination really brought me back to earth. I said goodbye to all my “friends” and I haven’t seen them since.

These days I work 4 days a week at an Auditors office and I go to school one day a week studying to become an Auditor myself one day. This means going to work in a suit everyday, this surprising all of my relatives who already gave up on me a few years ago, you should have seen their faces, priceless… Roll Eyes
My girlfriend and I have been together for over 5 years now and we’ve never been happier. We are very seriously looking for a house to call our own. No luck so far…
I used to practice Jiu-Jitsu for a couple of years but I gave that up because of school. A little while ago I tried Shotokan Karate but once again I couldn’t fit it in with my studies.
So to sum up everything I do these days; I work, go to school, do my homework and whenever I’ve got some time left I spend it on my hobby’s.
Talking about hobby’s, I’m a huge movie fan. I try to go to the movie theaters at least once a week and I watch a lot of DVD’s at home. I also love to read books, especially Fantasy novels, right now I’m reading Megan Lindholm’s – Harpy’s Flight.
My other passion is Metal. This started about 6 years ago with bands like Slayer, System of a Down and Slipknot. Later it turned more into Arch Enemy, Dimmu Borgir and Cradle of Filth and for 3 years I used to go to a lot of concerts but that all stopped with Graspop Metal Meeting 2005. After that festival I started listening to bands like Dream Evil, Helloween and Kamelot. After a while I didn’t listen to anything else but Power, Heavy, Gothic, Symponic, Melodic Metal, almost everything on Epic Rock Radio, you can imagine how happy I was discovering ERR last year and with ERR a lot of new bands I never even heard off.
Now, I can’t even imagine a life without ERR and all it’s great listeners, it really gets me through a hard days work. I also made a PayPal account just for ERR and you guys can expect monthly donations coming your way, keep up the good work!!!

Wow, that’s a pretty long story there  Smiley. Hope you enjoy it though Wink if not, I’m sorry to have waste so much of your precious time.
That’s about it, see you guys in the shoutbox!!!! And I once again would like to apologize for the fact that I like Haggard so much Tongue
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 01:58:02 am by Timdekw » Logged
metalswede
Post Rank 1

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2010, 08:32:48 am »

*knock* *knock*
Is it me now? Oh, ok!

Hi everyone!
Metalswede here, Or Roger Stokki as my birthname is...

Im glad to have gotten to know so many fantasic people through this amazing station!

Who am I...
Well, I was born 33 years ago and was raised in Nynäshamn, 45 minutes drive from Stockholm, the capital of Sweden.
I learned how to read when I was only 4, loved it and haven´t stopped since. My favorite genres are fantasy and thrillers and the favorite authors are David Eddings, Tom Clancy and Dean Koontz.
I was bullyed at school from first grade all the way up to the sixth grade. In seventh grade we all went to a different school and the bullying more or less stopped.
Why?
Could be because I found new friends with similar interests. Books, music and sports.
I teamed up with the guys (and gals) that was listening to the same music I had listened to my entire childhood - Iron Maiden, Helloween, Mötley Crüe and Kiss.

I had been playing the guitar for some years and was asked to join the school rockband, but as the bassplayer, so I did.
At the same time, I was pretty good at sports. I played soccer, volleyball and icehockey. If i had an hour to spare i did som high-jump, just for fun. (I recently found out i was in the top 5 in entire Sweden at the age 15...)
My daytime job is for Coca-Cola Sweden as a merchandiser. At night i do what i can to make TWINS CREW conquer the world.

A SPECIAL THANKS TO VALERIE AND JARROD FOR THE CHANCE AT EPIC ROCK RADIO!

what else...
Oh, thats right... I´M writing a book. All time spent with ERR have had me inspired to start writing an epic fantasy book. Its a longtime project and I hope I´m done in about 3 years from now. I hope you dont mind me using some names similar to yours in the books  Grin

Well, thats a little something about me!
Thanks for being my friends!

STAY METAL

STAY TRUE, STAY METAL!
botmind

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2010, 05:34:19 am »

Hi Everyone,

My name is John, 26, and I live in Toronto, ON Canada.  I'm doing my Ph.D. now in Medieval Economic History -- so, if you have a question about whether you can pawn your vineyard for a loan and then get a reduction in the principal of the loan, I'm the one to ask.  I like to learn foreign languages (I think I'm up to fluency in 2, and reading in 3), follow American and International Politics (Canadian politics are about as exciting as watching paint dry), and I LOVE stupid horror movies (like teenage slashers and zombie movies).

I came into Power Metal/Epic Rock kind of backwards I guess.  I used to listen to a lot of Hardcore (Warzone, Strife, Snapcase, Earth Crisis) and some Death Metal (Vader, Necrophagist, etc.), but I got turned off by the terrible production of a lot of Hardcore (though the bands have skills for sure) and the lyrics of Death Metal just depressed me after a while.  So, I heard Gojira open for All That Remains and I loved them (and still do!), so this got me into progressive metal and symphonic metal (Sirenia, etc.), a little searching around got me to power metal, and a little more searching got me to ERR.  I'm still really new to the genre, but I love almost every song that comes on!  My favorite bands at the moment are Blind Guardian and Twins Crew.

So, nice to meet you all!

Feather
Post Rank 3

manthyanne@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2010, 02:52:41 pm »

Hi, I'm Sammie and I'm 18 and I live in England (South East London to be precise).

At this moment in time I am a student hoping to start university in September to study an Art Foundation then to move onto a three year course in Animation. I am the oldest out of me and my five and a half siblings (the half is the same dad, different mum). I love watching anime (Descendants of Darkness, Loveless, Rozen Maiden, Haibani Renmei to be honest I think I must have watched almost everything now o.O) and I watch anime's in the original Japanese showings the dubs screw up the characters in my opinion. I'm reallly into RPGames (Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Grand Theft Auto ecttt) infact, if I'm not seen watching anime or reading manga then I am most likely playing my ultra cool pink PSP  Cool. I loveeeee to do things involving creativity [http://libra69.deviantart.com/] this is where you can find most of my drawings/photography/literature works and if I'm not watching anime/reading manga/playing my ultra cool pink PSP Cool then I am drawing/photographing/writing. My favourate colour is purple.

To explain my username (the shoutbox is: Featherlibra) I am born under the "Libra" star sign and "Feather" is my general everyday nickname and I came up with the idea of making her into a character about nine years ago and she was meant to be the opposite of me but she's sort of turned into a character whom I use to write with because I can't be bothered to look up names in the baby name book (Seriously, I did enough of that with my mum naming my brothers and sisters)

Ermm so yeah. I can't think of anything else to say to be honest xD

"...All I wish is to dream again, My loving heart, Lost in the dark, For hope I'd give my everything..." Nemo-Nightwish

Dreams are wings which will take us to the future~Kaleido Star
ICE QUEEN
Post Rank 1

It's truly the heart of everything

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2010, 12:30:44 am »

Ammmmmmmmmm its long completed story to tell   Huh I dont know from where i began   Huh Huh Huh

How can blood be our salvation
And justify the pain that we have caused throughout the times
Will I learn what's truly sacred
Will I redeem my soul, will truth set me free
~V~
Lead Administrator
Post Rank 5

Epic-Rock-Radio-V@live.com epicrockradioVee@yahoo.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2010, 10:27:55 am »

Roll Eyes  We won't force you.  Cheesy

EPIC ROCK RADIO, where metal, is the way it should be!
http://facebook.com/Valerie.ERR.Carney
LadyWoreBlack
ERR Champion
Post Rank 3

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2010, 04:20:21 pm »

However...........just saying that does pique our interest for more.......... Grin

"All alone now, except for the memories...." QR-Eyes of a Stranger
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
Print
Jump to: