gfxgfxEpic Rock Radiogfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 24, 2014, 12:22:21 pm

Login with username, password and session length
It costs over $500 a month to keep Epic Rock Radio on the air.  Please head to the main page at http://www.epicrockradio.com and help Epic Rock Radio out with a donation!
gfx
gfx
gfxgfx
gfxgfx gfxgfx
Search:     Advanced search
gfxgfx Home Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Print
Author Topic: The Official "Introduce Yourself" Thread  (Read 20454 times)
Rogue

View Profile Email
« Reply #45 on: April 21, 2010, 04:20:53 am »

Well, guess I better say something. Smiley

My name isn't actually Rogue, it's Ashley. I'm 23 and live in Canada. And I am indeed a lady. At least in the physical sense.

I'm currently in college studying print journalism. I just finished up my first year and I dare say I am quite proud of myself.

I first discovered ERR last year when searching for metal radio stations on the Internet. I was hooked ever since. Now I think it has taken over my soul.

Some random things about me.

I have no eyesight whatsoever.
Music wise, I'm into all genres of metal. Including the more extreme stuff. I'm also into classic rock because that's what I grew up on.
I'd buy the Twilight books just to burn them.
I love cats. Love them.
My drink of choice is vodka.
I believe in honesty. If I have something to say, I'll say it.
I'm too tired to think of anything else. If you wanna know more, all you have to do is ask.
The Eagle Warrior
ERR Champion
Post Rank 5

I love it when a plan comes together.

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 13, 2010, 07:35:50 pm »

Hi my name is Matthew

I live in sunny Australia. I grew up listening to classic metal. Then i heard Blind Guardian thanks to my Queen and Eagles heritage. That's how I got into power metal. This I looked at live365.com and radio three stations stood out - ERR, Skidrow and Warriorradio.com. ERR is the only one I listen to now.

My favourite bands are Iron Maiden, Megadeth, Judas Priest, Whitesnake, Deep Purple, Dio, Rainbow, Ian Gillan Band, Scorpions, Opeth, Van Halen, Queen, Eagles, Black Sabbath, Alice Cooper, Demon Hunter, LORD, Vanishing Point, Black Majesty, Dungeon, Saxon, Dream Theater, Blind Guardian, Hammerfall, Rhapsody of Fire, Stratavarious, Helloween, Dragonforce, Queensryche, Guns n Roses, Styper, Santana, Led Zeppelin, Foreigner, AC/DC, Europe, Def Leppard,  Gary Moore, Thin Lizzy, Bruce Dickinson and Poison, with a little bit of hair metal on the side.
Phyrelizard55
Post Rank 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #47 on: July 18, 2010, 05:19:28 am »

I completely missed this my first time around here....

I'm Tony, 18, from BC, Canada, I've been a heavy gamer since I was allowed to be, I'm currently working in the production room of a small-ish soda pop company, it's my job before I start school

I've been really lazy this past year, haven't really done much other then play WoW with my mom and brother (I know... don't bother complaining about it), as I was a graduate last year... I plan on going into a degree in music... over the years I have learned to play clarinet, trombone, tuba, Tenor Saxophone, a bit of drums, and guitar..... kinda... I'm planning on taking Tuba as my main instrument

It's really hard to say when I started listening to the styles of music on ERR, I have been listening to Dream Theater and Dio thanks to my mom since I was 8 or 9 years old.... didn't really listen to anything else here until I was about 14 years old... as I was a part of the rap/pop fad till then... then listened to Green Day.... I know... it's bad... and I look back at those times and I was wondering what I was thinking listening to that stuff...  finally I got an MP3 player.... I brought it to a family friend (of whom I don't really like anymore), and he went and put a bunch of Iced Earth, Rush, and Judas Priest on it... ever since then... I've been listening to Power Metal.... which eventually stretched to Progressive and Symphonic metal as well

Since then I have really expanded my taste of music, I'll enjoy listening to Jazz, Classical, Classic Rock, Symphonic Metal, Heavy Metal, Power Metal, Progressive Metal.... I'll even enjoy some country music
Hammerfall
ERR Champion
Post Rank 1

bjorn-larsen@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 24, 2010, 04:28:54 am »

Hello every1.

Bjrn Larsen here. I live in a small village called Alsted about 45 miles from Copenhagen Denmark. Bjrn means "bear" in danish.
Im 48 years old. Have a daughter (Crista). Shes 22. And I have the most beautiful grandaughter (Tess). She was born August 25th 2009. The best thing ever happened to me! Im so proud of them.

Ive been around in my life. Went to 5 schools, lived in about 15 places so far. I certainly hope Alsted will be the end of moving around. I love the countryside. Except the manure odour.  Cheesy Cheesy.

Recently I lost my dad. ( Same day R.J.D. died). He was a great inspiration to me. And was my only parent for a long time. ( Lost my mum back in 1975 ). I will carry them both inside of me with the greatest respect.

I live together with my G/F in a rented house. Her name is Bente. Meet her Nov. 22nd 2009. Shes a great girl and into metalmusic too. (AC/DC and HammerFall).

Well..My music life is expained in my top 10, but will tell a short version here. I started out listening to glamrock in the early 70-es. Such as Sweet, Slade and Gary Glitter. Then I was introduced to PinkFloyd and Deep Purple.The came the heavy metal...such as Judas Priest, Iron Maiden and Manowar. Followed by HammerFall and the new bands Ive got to know here on ERR.

Im interested in a lot of things. Model railroad, Porcelain, politics and comman knowledge. I love to play " trivial persiut". It challenge my mind.
I also like the spiritual world. It has taught me a lot of things about my inner self. It helped me through some serius problems with alcohol.

I work in a grass seed company. Driving a lorry or truck. A SCANIA R500 for those who are interested in trucks Smiley Ive been in the company for almost 25 years.

I also got a dog, a black labrador and we have a cat too, a norwegian forrestcat. Those 2 are GREAT friends. They sleep togther!! Smiley

Im totaly a leftwing guy. I believe in equal rights for all. And we only have 1 world, so lets take good care of it and share it equaly between us. I think the US took another great step for mankind when Obama was elected president.

In the end here Ill say that ERR is a SUPER great radiostation with some SUPER great listeners. All of them are great people.
A VERY special thanks to Valerie, Jarrod and all, creating and making this station run. Youre doing a superb job! Smiley Smiley

KEEP THE METAL SIGN HIGH!!!

" To admit a mistake is a way of telling other people youve become wiser "
GrandpaJoe
Post Rank 1

South Parkized... and with a LIGHTSABER! :D

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 25, 2010, 11:29:59 pm »

soooooooo, this will be a long stretch, but my name is Joe.  And no, I'm not a grandpa... random high school nickname that began something like this:

Chris: "Hey Joe, you look just like my grandpa, except a younger version!  I'm gonna call you Grandpa Joe!"
Joe: "uhhhh, okay?"

I noticed a lot of people post their ages, but that kinda changes depending on when the post is read doesn't it? So I'll just tell you I was born in December of '88 and you can do the math, can't you?  I was born in Saskatchewan, but grew up in Abbotsford, BC, Canada (near Vancouver if that helps).  Currently, I'm working on my B.Eng in Electrical Engineering at the University of Victoria.  If I were to give any young person aspiring to be an engineer advice, I would say DON'T DO IT, IT WILL RUIN YOUR LIFE!!! hahah, well not really, but if you fancy 6 not so easy classes and 5 labs and 90 hours of schoolwork per week, be my guest!  I'm halfway through 3rd year as of Summer 2010, so just over the hump. No use turning back now!

My favourite thing to do in the world is probably Snowboard!  Abbotsford is within a 1 1/2 hour drive from 6 different ski resorts and it's awesome!  Pretty much why I wouldn't want to live anywhere else.  Not to mention Whistler is only 3 short hours away  Grin

I bumped into this station completely by accident.  I was just getting tired of all the commercials on regular radio stations so I just googled "free web radio" and found live365.  A quick search for Rock landed me here.  Hafta say, it's pretty awesome.  Kinda opened up a whole new world of music for me.  I've been listening to Dream Theater for a few years but really had no idea there were so many bands in the same sort of genre!

I'm also secretly a pretty kick-ass Rock Band drummer.  If only my student loans would go away, I could afford to buy my own real set...

Anyways, anything else ya wanna know, just ask!  I'll prolly be on here a lot Wink
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 12:00:42 am by GrandpaJoe » Logged

-Grandpa Joe
Ahin

View Profile Email
« Reply #50 on: July 27, 2010, 02:42:35 am »

So as I am new here (I've discovered ERR just yesterday) I guess I shall introduce myself  Grin

My real name is Beata. Ahin (actually Ahin Lynn) is a fictional character whose name I use in the Internett. You can also find me under a nickname Biala Wrona or bialawrona (meaning White Crow). I come from Poland and as for now (2010) I'm 21. Currently I'm studying medical bioengineering and material engineering. Sounds terribly, doesn't it? Well, it's not bad. Don't listen to GrandpaJoe above me who tells you NOT to study anything with 'engineering' in it's name  Wink Being an engineer (or studying to be one) is actually a lot of fun. Even though it's sometimes pretty hard work. But that's the life - one has to work hard to be someone.

It's been a long time since I've fell in love with rock and metal music. I listen mainly to heavy metal, thrash metal, hard rock, power metal and some of the rockmetal classics but I actually like any rock or metal genre on condition it's powerful, energetic and has some melody in it. Wanna know more about my music interests - ask me. About the existence of ERR I've learned from a friend of mine (whom btw I've first met on a music portal). Finally a radio for me! Really, really great thanks to all those who took part in creating it and who keep it running.

See ya all around.
Ari

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: August 01, 2010, 10:34:11 pm »

So even though I've been listening to ERR for a couple of months now, I apparently never bothered to join the forums until now. I doubt that I will be a very frequent poster, but it does look like a fun place to be.

My internet nickname is Ari, which is a short version of my real name, so feel free to use it here. I'm 21, and studying sound engineering in California. Its a pretty awesome major, linked with the computer science and music programs at my university. I'm currently in Japan (heading home tomorrow!) where I spent the last six weeks studying Japanese.

I've loved power metal since a friend introduced me to Sonata Arctica in middle school (it seems like such a long time ago) and I've never left it since. It remains my favorite kind of music, and Sonata Arctica is still my favorite band. I also like black metal, death metal, soundtracks, symphonic music, electronic dance, and a few other genres, but power metal rules my musical heart.

I have lots of non-metal-influenced hobbies like the Japanese street fashion "Lolita", baking cupcakes, sewing my own clothes, fixing computers, and playing RPGs on PS3 or DS. I am also a musician--I play the flute, piccolo, and I am also an opera-trained lyric soprano.

よろしくおねがいします~

"Let me take you where the magic is, back in time,
Remember the light, of the cold December moon."
~V~
Lead Administrator
Post Rank 5

Epic-Rock-Radio-V@live.com epicrockradioVee@yahoo.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #52 on: August 01, 2010, 10:45:43 pm »

So even though I've been listening to ERR for a couple of months now, I apparently never bothered to join the forums until now. I doubt that I will be a very frequent poster, but it does look like a fun place to be.

My internet nickname is Ari, which is a short version of my real name, so feel free to use it here. I'm 21, and studying sound engineering in California. Its a pretty awesome major, linked with the computer science and music programs at my university. I'm currently in Japan (heading home tomorrow!) where I spent the last six weeks studying Japanese.

I've loved power metal since a friend introduced me to Sonata Arctica in middle school (it seems like such a long time ago) and I've never left it since. It remains my favorite kind of music, and Sonata Arctica is still my favorite band. I also like black metal, death metal, soundtracks, symphonic music, electronic dance, and a few other genres, but power metal rules my musical heart.

I have lots of non-metal-influenced hobbies like the Japanese street fashion "Lolita", baking cupcakes, sewing my own clothes, fixing computers, and playing RPGs on PS3 or DS. I am also a musician--I play the flute, piccolo, and I am also an opera-trained lyric soprano.

よろしくおねがいします~

Ari what a cool posting about yourself!  Smiley

Great bio, Ari, and welcome to Epic Rock Radio!  Grin   Don't worry about the time frame on registering here, I started listening to ERR in late April 2006 and never got around to registering until 2007.   But, back then there wasn't a Shoutbox, just the website.. so I was a little slower at getting around to becoming a part of this great community .

See you in the Shoutbox!  Smiley

EPIC ROCK RADIO, where metal, is the way it should be!
http://facebook.com/Valerie.ERR.Carney
The_Fun_Palace
Post Rank 2

Al_the_Epithetical@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 16, 2010, 01:38:01 am »

Howdy there, i've finally got around to writing one of these Cheesy

My name is Alex, i'm 18 and I currently live in Sydney, Australia while studying to get my BA at uni. I hope to be a medieval historian (of all the career choices Grin) some day.

I have been tuning in to this station for a few months now and found that it fits my metallic needs Grin, as well as introducing me to so many great bands.

I became a metal fan upon hearing the likes of Saxon, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest and Primal Fear. In fact the first metal album I listened to in its entirety, if I remember rightly, was Saxon's Dogs of War album, which remains my all time favourite. *hints for addition to ERR library* Wink

As well as a metal fan I also very much enjoy Progressive Rock, with IQ, Arena, Camel, Porcupine Tree, Genesis, King Crimson, Eloy and Gentle Giant being some of my favourites, just to name a few.

I also enjoy reading (alot!), writing, video games, movies and TV (when something decent is on).

Hmmm, what else... oh, I don't smoke or drink, my favourite colour is orange, my username is also one of my favourite songs by Annihilator... thats about all I can think of for now

Anything else you would like to know, just ask.

LadyWoreBlack
ERR Champion
Post Rank 3

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 16, 2010, 09:01:04 pm »

How did I know you were a glasses and pet collar-wearing kinda guy??? Very attractive too,heheheheh!!!  Grin

"All alone now, except for the memories...." QR-Eyes of a Stranger
compurocker
ERR Champion
Post Rank 1

rocking out

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #55 on: September 30, 2010, 07:04:36 pm »

I'm Craig.  I'm currently 29 and live in the Chicago suburbs with my beautiful wife Stephanie and 8 month old daughter River, as well as our two crazy dogs Caisson and Indy.

I've been listening to metal since about the 8th grade, but at the time I listened primarily to what I referred to as the "holy trinity" of Metallica, Megadeth, and Pantera.  I was a guitar player so I eventually branched out into Yngwie and a few others.

Right around the end of high school I finally discovered the mighty Iron Maiden by blind-buying their first album because I thought the cover looked cool (though the album had been out for nearly two decades, I had no idea who they were).  Just after high school, my boss (who's now one of my best friends) turned me on to Dream Theater.

I discovered my favorite band by blind-buying albums of most of the bands that I was going to be seeing on the first Gigantour.  Best Buy had two albums, The Divine Wings of Tragedy and The Odyssey, and I decided to buy both since the name Symphony X sounded so cool.  It was love at first listen, which is actually pretty rare for me.  I loved both those albums, and when I got to see them on the tiny second stage at Gigantour, they were amazing.

Music really is my passion in life, but mostly just listening to it.  I never got great at guitar, I'm only a decent Rock Band drummer on Hard (though my wife, friends, and I did win a small local tournament which resulted in a free vacation!), and I can't sing worth a damn.  But I can't listen to enough music.  Mainly prog and power metal, but also thrash and straight up heavy metal, love all sorts of classic rock, hard rock and some alternative (mostly the 90s stuff I grew up with), and even some pop here and there and one or two rap artists.

Besides music I'm really enjoying being a new dad, watching my little girl grow up.  I watch way too much TV and movies.  Used to be all about video games, bought every big new release on Xbox.  Eventually Rock Band was the only thing we played, and these days we've fallen out of it altogether.  We played Halo Reach I think only two nights so far, and I'm sure we'll play a little Rock Band 3 when it comes out.  Now we mostly use our Xbox for Netflix and Last.fm lol.

I'm also one of those people that writes a novel every time he posts a message or sends an email.  As you can see.  So I'll shut up now!

ProgPower USA - America's premier metal festival, featuring the best of prog and power
www.progpowerusa.com

Kiuas - Finnish power metal
www.kiuas.net
i_am_fabio
ERR Staff
Post Rank 5

Never Forgotten Heroes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: September 30, 2010, 10:07:36 pm »

Greetings Compurocker! I did a little editing to your post just for fun.....

I'm Rob.  I'm currently 25 and live in Northern California with my beautiful wife Jennifer and 8 month old daughter Ava, as well as our two crazy dogs Zoe and Maddie.

I've been listening to metal since about the 8th grade, but at the time I listened primarily to what I referred to as the "holy trinity" of Metallica, Megadeth, and Pantera.  

Symphony X sounded so cool.  It was love at first listen, which is actually pretty rare for me.  I loved both those albums, and when I got to see them on the tiny second stage at Gigantour, they were amazing.

Music really is my passion in life, but mostly just listening to it.  I never got great at guitar, I'm only a decent Rock Band drummer on Hard and I can't sing worth a damn.  But I can't listen to enough music.  Mainly prog and power metal, but also thrash and straight up heavy metal, love all sorts of classic rock, hard rock and some alternative (mostly the 90s stuff I grew up with), and even some pop here and there and one or two rap artists.

Besides music I'm really enjoying being a new dad, watching my little girl grow up.  I watch way too much TV and movies.

Now we mostly use our Xbox for Netflix and Last.fm lol.

Changed your post to reflect my story.  Grin That could honestly be my "introduce myself" post. It was scary how strangely familar your post felt. It often seems that my X-Box should just load up right to the Netflix page.

Rock on man!  Cool

"If There Is Life After Death, There Is No Death
  And If Death Does Not Exist, We Do Not Live"
compurocker
ERR Champion
Post Rank 1

rocking out

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #57 on: October 01, 2010, 10:58:03 am »

Haha that's awesome.

And congrats!  Love the name Ava.

ProgPower USA - America's premier metal festival, featuring the best of prog and power
www.progpowerusa.com

Kiuas - Finnish power metal
www.kiuas.net
Kelseran
Post Rank 1

Across the bloody plains to our deaths, we marched

View Profile Email
« Reply #58 on: October 01, 2010, 06:01:19 pm »

Ohai! My name is Michael i'm currently 15 (Young I know O_o), I have no big remarks to put it here I suppose. Found ERR on Kamelot's homepage loved it ever since you guys are all awesome IMO Cheesy!

"Someone to respect, and be respected by."-Hunter's Season Kamelot.
~V~
Lead Administrator
Post Rank 5

Epic-Rock-Radio-V@live.com epicrockradioVee@yahoo.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #59 on: October 01, 2010, 06:11:18 pm »

Ohai! My name is Michael i'm currently 15 (Young I know O_o), I have no big remarks to put it here I suppose. Found ERR on Kamelot's homepage loved it ever since you guys are all awesome IMO Cheesy!

Booyah!!!

(another point for Kamelot)

Grin

EPIC ROCK RADIO, where metal, is the way it should be!
http://facebook.com/Valerie.ERR.Carney
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Print
Jump to: