gfxgfxEpic Rock Radiogfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 28, 2020, 09:21:03 am

Login with username, password and session length
It costs over $600 a month to keep Epic Rock Radio on the air.  Please head to our Patron page and make a donation to help keep us on the air!  The site is http://patreon.com/kailef and we really appreciate your help!
gfx
gfx
gfxgfx
gfxgfx gfxgfx
Search:     Advanced search
gfxgfx Home Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 131
Print
Author Topic: Requests and Suggestions  (Read 514325 times)
Creed
Post Rank 4

CreedP
View Profile
« Reply #330 on: January 22, 2008, 07:27:10 am »

heh, I've sent Operatika's EP "Dreamworld" in already.  Haven't found any other releases from this band, though, did they have one besides that?

CREED

Perception of reality is a matter of opinion.
mojobie
ERR Champion
Post Rank 4

That's my new race bike.

mojobie@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #331 on: January 23, 2008, 07:05:46 am »

I have absolutely no idea, I just saw them mentioned on a different message board that I frequent, so I listened to them on myspace and thought some of you guys here would appreciate them (personally, I'm not too fond of female operatic vocals, but I know that a lot of ERR listeners are).
Creed
Post Rank 4

CreedP
View Profile
« Reply #332 on: January 23, 2008, 07:40:32 am »

Likewise, I can't speak for the other listeners... but that's my drug of choice, heh.  Tongue

CREED

Perception of reality is a matter of opinion.
mojobie
ERR Champion
Post Rank 4

That's my new race bike.

mojobie@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #333 on: January 25, 2008, 09:26:42 am »

Just a couple questions:

1) Would it be possible to get a track play count?

2) Seeing as there's been a bit of a difference in opinions regarding some of the longer songs (15min+), would it be possible to have those songs take more than 1 of your requests?

Just to state my personal opinion, I LOVE long songs, but it does seems kind of unfair that I could request, say, The Odyssey, 2112, In the Presence of Enemies Pt. 2, 1st Chapter, etc... and take up more than an hour of playtime; and NO I do not support the breaking up of these long masterpieces!
Oseriduun
ERR Staff
Post Rank 4

Canadian Code Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #334 on: January 25, 2008, 10:20:20 am »

having songs 10+ mins take up both requests isn't unreasonable.  I do not support breaking these long songs up either.

I dont really have any issues personally with long songs, especially if they're not requested often (for instance, the rush - 2112 i requested earlier.  i had not yet heard it played on err, and its been a long time since i heard it, and will likely be a long time till i request it again.)  my only issue is if people start to request long songs to spite someone..  doing exactly what mojo said in requesting all long songs to prevent others from having a chance to listen to requested music within a reasonable amount of time.

CCM: Canadian Code Monkey.
Its not just a bike manufacturer anymore Tongue
i_am_fabio
ERR Staff
Post Rank 5

Never Forgotten Heroes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #335 on: January 25, 2008, 02:44:36 pm »

Just a couple questions:

1) Would it be possible to get a track play count?

2) Seeing as there's been a bit of a difference in opinions regarding some of the longer songs (15min+), would it be possible to have those songs take more than 1 of your requests?

Just to state my personal opinion, I LOVE long songs, but it does seems kind of unfair that I could request, say, The Odyssey, 2112, In the Presence of Enemies Pt. 2, 1st Chapter, etc... and take up more than an hour of playtime; and NO I do not support the breaking up of these long masterpieces!

I'm kinda agree, but the problem is where do you draw the line? You got alot of pretty long tunes like 13-14 minutes, and then really only 5-6 songs over 15 minutes that i can think of. So obviously if the issue has come up, then people surely are counting those 13:48 tracks as long ones too.

But i am also wiith you in the fact that these long tracks CANNOT be broken up. That is just not a good solution if you ask me. So i guess this discussion will help, maybe we can come up with an alternative solution.  Cool

"If There Is Life After Death, There Is No Death
  And If Death Does Not Exist, We Do Not Live"
Kailef
The Boss
Post Rank 5

Symphonic Powermetal Rules!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #336 on: January 25, 2008, 04:18:44 pm »

I have one solution, but I don't like it.

Instead of allowing 2 requests per 30 minutes (which is what we currently do) I could change that to 1 request per fifteen minutes.  Then, you couldn't request two songs back to back, but you'd still have the same amount of requests available to you.

Another thing to keep in mind is this: we used to be two requests per hour, rather than 2 every thirty minutes.  2 per 30 only works if there's not a lot of people requesting.  As we (hopefully) get more popular, that number will have to change.

Guildmaster

Creator

Warlord

Guildmaster

ONBE

Music Composer

SysOp
PIF Silvergate

Epic Rock Radio

House Jurai

The Poets' Circle

Recipient

Shroud of the Avatar

Sanctum II BBS

i_am_fabio
ERR Staff
Post Rank 5

Never Forgotten Heroes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #337 on: January 27, 2008, 12:03:40 am »

Hey man, we really need the two request thing back! (imo of course) At least until we get to the point where it is getting crazy. Really only a couple times a week (as far as i see) are the requests getting that crazy. And really i have no evidence that people out there are requesting 2 ridiculously long songs in a row. I don't know what it is but i just loved being able to request 2 at a time. Sometimes you want to request two completely different styles. I don't know, maybe i'll get used to the new settings. Only time will tell i guess. Just rambling a bit, but really i loved having the 2 every 30.  Cool

EDIT: I'm actually starting to enjoy the one every fifteen minutes. When i first tuned in i was kinda dissapointed because i had two in mind. But 15 minutes goes by like that. And i think it will make the great request streaks that much more impressive. So let's try it for a while i think.....what do we got to lose?
« Last Edit: January 27, 2008, 03:07:34 am by i_am_fabio » Logged

ThePaperClip

View Profile Email
« Reply #338 on: February 02, 2008, 09:23:51 pm »

Diablo Swing Orchestra, Beyond Twilight, Candlemass
--Finntroll, Korpiklaani, Trollfest -- <-- Troll metal if you guys are into that.

"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. "
Oseriduun
ERR Staff
Post Rank 4

Canadian Code Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #339 on: February 03, 2008, 01:45:50 pm »

Some bands to keep an eye on.

If you like Tempest - check out Skyclad. (Jumping my shadow is my fav. tune, but checkout thier newer album that has parliament of fools and another drinking song, good stuff!!)

Not <i>epic</i> enough? Okay.. Check out Highland Glory's Forever Endeavor album. The entire album rocks, but my favorite is Mindgame Masquerade.  You can hear the celtic heritage, but the metal is fabulous!

~Oseriduun~

Joe the Tech
ERR Champion
Post Rank 3

Performing digital miracles.

View Profile Email
« Reply #340 on: February 04, 2008, 12:46:43 pm »

Hey, is there any way to change the request song link on the main page so that it opens up a new page (frame in Firefox's case) like the request for the forums does?  Is anybody else interested in it doing this, or just me?
Oseriduun
ERR Staff
Post Rank 4

Canadian Code Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #341 on: February 05, 2008, 06:19:19 am »

i like it as-is, the only thing i'd change is adding a 'now playing / coming up' to the top so you can see what the next few requests are.

mojobie
ERR Champion
Post Rank 4

That's my new race bike.

mojobie@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #342 on: February 05, 2008, 07:22:49 am »

Hey, is there any way to change the request song link on the main page so that it opens up a new page (frame in Firefox's case) like the request for the forums does?  Is anybody else interested in it doing this, or just me?

I don't know if you've changed any of your mouse commands, but with my Firefox, if you click the middle mouse button (scroll wheel), it opens links in a new tab, if that helps (which you probably already knew, but)...
Joe the Tech
ERR Champion
Post Rank 3

Performing digital miracles.

View Profile Email
« Reply #343 on: February 05, 2008, 10:37:19 am »

Yeah, I knew that Mojobie, but for some reason I always (and I do mean always) left click first.  Then I've got to click back and then click the middle mouse button to open it in a new frame.  I guess I've just got to train myself a little better.
i_am_fabio
ERR Staff
Post Rank 5

Never Forgotten Heroes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #344 on: February 06, 2008, 05:56:27 pm »

heh, I've sent Operatika's EP "Dreamworld" in already.  Haven't found any other releases from this band, though, did they have one besides that?

CREED

Hey speaking of this band i just read the other day that they got signed to a record label (Scarlet Records), and are set to release a proper full length release this year. And they have a guest bassist working on the album with them.....Michael LePond (Symphony X)!!! He's one of my favorite bassists! Can't wait to check it out. Here's their Myspace page: http://www.myspace.com/operatika

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 131
Print
Jump to: