gfxgfxEpic Rock Radiogfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 05, 2020, 11:56:22 am

Login with username, password and session length
It costs over $600 a month to keep Epic Rock Radio on the air.  Please head to our Patron page and make a donation to help keep us on the air!  The site is http://patreon.com/kailef and we really appreciate your help!
gfx
gfx
gfxgfx
gfxgfx gfxgfx
Search:     Advanced search
gfxgfx Home Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 131
Print
Author Topic: Requests and Suggestions  (Read 562311 times)
Concertmusic
ERR Champion
Post Rank 2

Progressive Power Metal - not an oxymoron!

View Profile
« Reply #300 on: November 14, 2007, 06:16:26 am »

FTM are very decent - a little on the softer, rock side, but very listenable.  Check out Dredg for something similar.  Good tip - thank you.
i_am_fabio
ERR Staff
Post Rank 5

Never Forgotten Heroes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #301 on: November 14, 2007, 01:41:54 pm »

FTM are very decent - a little on the softer, rock side, but very listenable.  Check out Dredg for something similar.  Good tip - thank you.

Dredg sounded pretty cool. I would like to catch them in my area for a live gig. They are located not to far from me, thanks....i had never heard of them.

Hey Concert, do you actually listen to bands similar to these? Just wondering for my future suggestions. Because while Progressive/Power Metal are my favorites, i still very much enjoy progressive rock and many others that may lie just outside of these catoragories.

"If There Is Life After Death, There Is No Death
  And If Death Does Not Exist, We Do Not Live"
i_am_fabio
ERR Staff
Post Rank 5

Never Forgotten Heroes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #302 on: November 15, 2007, 02:39:03 am »

Not really a request or a suggestion but more of a slight (very slight) concern....

I notice that some of the artwork looks terrible and some looks great. Is there anyway we can improve those images that look terrible without asking much more of your time Kailef? I don't know the process of uploading the artwork, but if we hunted down some better images and provided them for you would it still be very time consuming to replace some of the real crappy ones? Just always thinking of improving in all phases. The cover Artwork in these genres is for the most part very awesome and it would be cool to actually be able to see all of them.

Concertmusic
ERR Champion
Post Rank 2

Progressive Power Metal - not an oxymoron!

View Profile
« Reply #303 on: November 15, 2007, 04:36:16 am »

fabio - My primary interests are juxtaposed - I listen to almost all metal (with a huge preference for metal with melody), and classical music.  Every so often I will wander off into the lighter sides of the metal genres, and prog rock may fit my mood occassionally, but I don't know half of what I know about those other two genres.   In other words - I think there are a lot of similarities in our tastes, at least on the heavier side of things.
Kailef
The Boss
Post Rank 5

Symphonic Powermetal Rules!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #304 on: November 15, 2007, 02:32:23 pm »

It's not too terribly hard for me to replace existing album art with new art.  Maybe five minutes per album or so.  If you've got higher resolution art that will look nicer than some of the low-res stuff we've got, you can FTP it over and I can upload it.  :-)

Guildmaster

Creator

Warlord

Guildmaster

ONBE

Music Composer

SysOp
PIF Silvergate

Epic Rock Radio

House Jurai

The Poets' Circle

Recipient

Shroud of the Avatar

Sanctum II BBS

i_am_fabio
ERR Staff
Post Rank 5

Never Forgotten Heroes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #305 on: November 15, 2007, 05:54:00 pm »

fabio - My primary interests are juxtaposed - I listen to almost all metal (with a huge preference for metal with melody), and classical music.  Every so often I will wander off into the lighter sides of the metal genres, and prog rock may fit my mood occassionally, but I don't know half of what I know about those other two genres.   In other words - I think there are a lot of similarities in our tastes, at least on the heavier side of things.

Cool.  Cool I certainly agree that our tastes are similar. I'll just suggest it all (all styles). If no one likes it.....oh well. It probably only took me five minutes to post about. But if i happen to suggest one that someone likes then it will be all the more to discuss. Rock On!

i_am_fabio
ERR Staff
Post Rank 5

Never Forgotten Heroes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #306 on: November 15, 2007, 06:00:42 pm »

It's not too terribly hard for me to replace existing album art with new art.  Maybe five minutes per album or so.  If you've got higher resolution art that will look nicer than some of the low-res stuff we've got, you can FTP it over and I can upload it.  :-)

How do you get the artwork normally? Does it have to be a certain size?

I'll be keeping a list of the low-res stuff so we know what should be replaced. As i'm listening i'll try to pay attention to which ones need a facelift.

The one that made me think about posting this was by artist Meduza....i think. It was bad. And also the Dark Empire "Distant Tides" has the wrong artwork altogether. 

I might as well keep the list here, if anybody else spots some bad cover art....let me know.  Wink

Blind Guardian "Nightfall in Middle-Earth"

« Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 06:07:02 pm by i_am_fabio » Logged

Kailef
The Boss
Post Rank 5

Symphonic Powermetal Rules!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #307 on: November 15, 2007, 07:11:57 pm »

I search around on the web or scan my CD cover.  :-)  Generally, larger is better.

Guildmaster

Creator

Warlord

Guildmaster

ONBE

Music Composer

SysOp
PIF Silvergate

Epic Rock Radio

House Jurai

The Poets' Circle

Recipient

Shroud of the Avatar

Sanctum II BBS

amir
ERR Staff
Post Rank 5

amirsaffari
View Profile WWW
« Reply #308 on: November 16, 2007, 12:24:00 am »

Fabio, hope this would give you enough of cover images Wink

http://images.google.com/images?source=ig&hl=en&rlz=&q=Blind+Guardian+%22Nightfall+in+Middle-Earth%22+&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi
i_am_fabio
ERR Staff
Post Rank 5

Never Forgotten Heroes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #309 on: November 16, 2007, 01:27:08 pm »

Got a new one that i think belongs on ERR. Very powerful music with memorable melodies. The songs are kicking my ass! I really want to listen to more by KIUAS, http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=71198016. Check them out and tell me what you think... Cool

i_am_fabio
ERR Staff
Post Rank 5

Never Forgotten Heroes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #310 on: November 20, 2007, 02:24:47 pm »

I got a suggestion for whoever requests that Wuthering Heights 'The Tapdancer/Gather Ye Wild (Reprise)' every single day........buy the album.  Grin I don't know if whoever is doing it owns it but still insists on requesting it every single day, or what. But all i know is that i have heard that song requested probably all 141 times it's been requested this year. Yeah it's a good little tune......but damn.  Undecided

amir
ERR Staff
Post Rank 5

amirsaffari
View Profile WWW
« Reply #311 on: November 21, 2007, 12:32:07 am »

LOL Fabio , not my type of music either Wink
i_am_fabio
ERR Staff
Post Rank 5

Never Forgotten Heroes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #312 on: November 21, 2007, 05:00:48 am »

LOL Fabio , not my type of music either Wink

LOL I actually kinda like the song.  Cheesy I just think it's crazy how many times i have been tuned in when it is requested. 

i_am_fabio
ERR Staff
Post Rank 5

Never Forgotten Heroes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #313 on: November 21, 2007, 02:17:40 pm »

One band i am kinda suprised isn't on ERR is Cryonic Temple. They play Epic Power Metal. They got some good stuff, so check them out....keep in mind that Myspace songs are not full quality (at least i hope not  Grin). http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=20071986

Another worthy band is Beautiful Sin. http://www.myspace.com/thebeautifulsinmetalband Featuring two members from Pagan's Mind, Jorn Voggo Lofstad (guitars) and Steinar Krokmo (bass). Also features Uli Kusch (Masterplan, ex-Helloween) on drums. The vocals are done by female vocalist Magali Luyten. Her voice differs from that of your every day female fronted bands. Her vocals are powerful and demanding yet not too masculine. And on Keyboards, Axel Mackenrott (Masteplan). Solid Melodic Metal that should hopefully find itself among the library one day.

Maybe some Highland Glory. http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=195476364 Good powermetal band.

« Last Edit: November 21, 2007, 02:57:12 pm by i_am_fabio » Logged

i_am_fabio
ERR Staff
Post Rank 5

Never Forgotten Heroes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #314 on: November 22, 2007, 11:45:58 pm »

How about Avian? They would be great for ERR. http://www.myspace.com/avianband With the voice of Lance King....you know it would fit the station. Also reading their website news section they plan on having a new album out early next year.  Cool

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 131
Print
Jump to: