gfxgfxEpic Rock Radiogfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 22, 2020, 05:32:48 am

Login with username, password and session length
It costs over $600 a month to keep Epic Rock Radio on the air.  Please head to our Patron page and make a donation to help keep us on the air!  The site is http://patreon.com/kailef and we really appreciate your help!
gfx
gfx
gfxgfx
gfxgfx gfxgfx
Search:     Advanced search
gfxgfx Home Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 131
Print
Author Topic: Requests and Suggestions  (Read 504432 times)
trekman
Post Rank 4

CRANK IT UP!!

no1trekman2002 no1trekman2002
View Profile WWW
« Reply #360 on: August 07, 2008, 12:15:33 am »

Sweetness!! Grin  Glad you guys like them. Hopefully we will see them here at ERR in the near future. Wink

falconer73
Post Rank 3

Mindtraveller, or whatever :-D

View Profile
« Reply #361 on: August 07, 2008, 03:51:18 pm »

I´m listening to Harmony´s 'Dreaming Awake' again right now...it´s really growing!

"I am on the right track, out of the haze I'll emerge"
i_am_fabio
ERR Staff
Post Rank 5

Never Forgotten Heroes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #362 on: August 23, 2008, 05:25:45 pm »

A suggestion, band named Winterborn. Disc "Cold Reality". May be something we should look into....

"If There Is Life After Death, There Is No Death
  And If Death Does Not Exist, We Do Not Live"
Nix

View Profile Email
« Reply #363 on: August 25, 2008, 09:12:09 am »

Hello all.  My first post!  Thanks for providing such great music (especially while at work)!

I'd like to suggest adding some more Sabaton albums such as 'The Art of War' and 'Attero Dominatus'.  Sabaton seems pretty liked around here and they have some great songs on those albums.

Thanks for taking suggestions!
i_am_fabio
ERR Staff
Post Rank 5

Never Forgotten Heroes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #364 on: August 25, 2008, 02:06:41 pm »

First off..........Welcome to the forums of ERR Nix!!!

Secondly, getting more Sabaton is probably a good idea.  Cool

Voyager
Post Rank 1

View Profile
« Reply #365 on: August 26, 2008, 05:26:10 pm »

He he he.  I can't believe I didn't see this section of the forum before.  I could have been posting my suggestions here instead of creating new topic links on the forum board.  My mistake.

Anyway, I can't believe It never even occurred to me to request this band.  Well the band is called Aquaria and they are from Brazil but I believe they sing in English.  Anyhow, they have a heavy power symphonic sound if I recall correctly and I think that they would be a great asset to ERR, but that's just me.

I believe that you can find some samples on Youtube, but I'm not completely sure.

Well, that's about it folks.  Have a nice day!

Frozen in tears...lie warm memories.
Kailef
The Boss
Post Rank 5

Symphonic Powermetal Rules!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #366 on: August 26, 2008, 08:08:16 pm »

Brazil is the source of some great bands.  Angra and Shaman, for instance.

Guildmaster

Creator

Warlord

Guildmaster

ONBE

Music Composer

SysOp
PIF Silvergate

Epic Rock Radio

House Jurai

The Poets' Circle

Recipient

Shroud of the Avatar

Sanctum II BBS

Voyager
Post Rank 1

View Profile
« Reply #367 on: August 31, 2008, 07:15:49 pm »

Wow, I didn't know that.  Cool.  I should read band bio's more often. XD  But in any case Aquaria is very similar to Angra.  Haven't listened to Shaman yet.

Frozen in tears...lie warm memories.
i_am_fabio
ERR Staff
Post Rank 5

Never Forgotten Heroes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #368 on: September 18, 2008, 12:46:13 am »

Check this out......

http://www.myspace.com/xystusmusic

Sensory Records is extremely proud to announce the upcoming release (September 30th) of Dutch progressive metal band Xystus’ third album, Equilibrio. This rock opera was recorded with a 60 piece orchestra and a 30 member choir, and includes guest performances from Simone Simons of Epica and George Osthoek of Orphanage. With an influx of gothic, progressive and traditional heavy metal influences melding with this dramatic orchestration, fans of Epica, Ayreon and Kamelot should keep both eyes peeled for this release to strike.
Xystus is a Dutch progressive metal band formed in 1999 by drummer Ivo Van Dijk and guitarist/vocalist Bas Dolmans. They enlisted bassist Mark Brekelmans and second guitarist Bob Witsma. Through the course of releasing two albums – 2004’s Receiving Tomorrow and 2006’s Surreal the band built up a buzz and fanbase in The Netherlands. The band supported Kamelot and made numerous festival appearances. In December 2005, Xystus went on a European tour in support of Epica. The band had even greater ambitions and in 2006 they contacted the Utrechtsch Studenten Concert - the oldest symphony orchestra in The Netherlands. The resulting two-year collaboration resulted in the rock opera Equilibrio. Conceived as both an actual stage production and studio recording, Equilibrio was performed to four sold out audiences in July, 2008 - over 4,000 people witnessed the opera.

Sensory is proud to release the studio recording of Equilibrio, which features key scenes from the opera. In addition to the 60 piece US Concert orchestra and 30 member choir, Xystus enlisted vocal performances from Simone Simons (Epica), George Osthoek (Orphanage, Delain) and Dutch theater veterans Michelle Splietelhof and John Vooijs.

The story of Equilibrio revolves around a wanderer named Diegu (Bas Dolmans) who finds himself caught between the forces of good and evil the power mad ruler Primos (John Vooijs) and the altruistic rebel Avelin (Michelle Splietelhof). Primos makes a pact with Death (George Osthoek) take over the world. After unsuccessful efforts by Diegu to mediate between Avelin and Primos, the latter ends up with complete power and the world is thrown out of balance. Diegu is summoned by the godess Lady Sophia (Simone Simons). She watches over Earth and entrusts Diegu with the job reuniting Primos and Avelin in order to restore the balance between good and evil again.

Something i thought many here would be interested in. Definitely sounds like something that would fit here at ERR. Simone sounds fantastic in 'Gods of Symmetry'!  Cool

Kailef
The Boss
Post Rank 5

Symphonic Powermetal Rules!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #369 on: September 18, 2008, 07:16:19 am »

This sounds cool.  I usually really enjoy epic storytelling albums.  (As long as it's not a Book On Tape sort of thing...)

The story kind of reminds me of Hemispheres from Rush.  Sort of.

Guildmaster

Creator

Warlord

Guildmaster

ONBE

Music Composer

SysOp
PIF Silvergate

Epic Rock Radio

House Jurai

The Poets' Circle

Recipient

Shroud of the Avatar

Sanctum II BBS

Joe the Tech
ERR Champion
Post Rank 3

Performing digital miracles.

View Profile Email
« Reply #370 on: September 18, 2008, 10:25:16 am »

(As long as it's not a Book On Tape sort of thing...)
*Cough*RhapsodyofFire*Cough*  Grin
trekman
Post Rank 4

CRANK IT UP!!

no1trekman2002 no1trekman2002
View Profile WWW
« Reply #371 on: September 18, 2008, 03:41:01 pm »

Ya, sounds very cool! Grin And I hate it when they have all that talking in with the music too!  Angry

Arkin

View Profile
« Reply #372 on: October 02, 2008, 12:22:07 am »

Hi,

This is my first post!! Great Radio!!

I have some suggestions: Stream of Passion, Metallium, Almora (1945) and Van Canto (hero metal a capella band).

And from Spain, some great bands: Avalanch ("El angel caido" and "Muerte y Vida" are in my opinion its best albums) and Tierra Santa ("Legendario and "Tierras de Leyenda") and WarCry.

Thanks,

ArKiN
amir
ERR Staff
Post Rank 5

amirsaffari
View Profile WWW
« Reply #373 on: October 02, 2008, 11:02:09 am »

Hi Arkin and welcome to ERR, thanks for the suggestions, I will try to take a look at them  Grin
Oseriduun
ERR Staff
Post Rank 4

Canadian Code Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #374 on: October 04, 2008, 06:15:47 pm »

i've heard metalium, and they're pretty good, they get a thumbs up from me Smiley

stream of passion has been on discussion quite a few times, i think it was deemed too soft for err, but then again, we have plenty of other soft stuff, and we know how much AAL rocks irregardless of how fast or slow the songs play Smiley

CCM: Canadian Code Monkey.
Its not just a bike manufacturer anymore Tongue
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 131
Print
Jump to: