gfxgfxEpic Rock Radiogfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 26, 2020, 02:43:46 pm

Login with username, password and session length
It costs over $600 a month to keep Epic Rock Radio on the air.  Please head to our Patron page and make a donation to help keep us on the air!  The site is http://patreon.com/kailef and we really appreciate your help!
gfx
gfx
gfxgfx
gfxgfx gfxgfx
Search:     Advanced search
gfxgfx Home Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Connection Problems  (Read 3083 times)
JeffET
Post Rank 1

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: February 02, 2005, 01:54:05 pm »

Hey guys

I used to listen to Epic Rock Radio when it was on shoutcast late last year, but all of a sudden it went down and I thought the station had folded up.

Stmbled upon this site today to find it is supposedly still airing?? But I cant connect to live365 for some reason. I just get a "Cannot Find Server - The web site you typed in could not be found on the internet." error.

Can anyone help? Maybe the address so I can plug it into winamp??

Cheers, Id love to listen to Epic Rock Radio again, it was definetly my favourite station!!

J.

P.S. I tried clicking on the "problems listening to the music" on the front page, but it links to live365.com and I get the same error.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2005, 01:56:08 pm by JeffET » Logged
Kailef
The Boss
Post Rank 5

Symphonic Powermetal Rules!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2005, 03:51:15 pm »

JeffET,

I'm glad you found us again!  We moved from Shoutcast to Live365 because we discovered that we'd have to pay thousands and thousands of dollars in broadcast fees if unless we put our stream under a blanket contact like Live365 has.

Anyhow, it's really odd, the problem you're having! ?I'm really not sure why you aren't able to connect to www.live365.com unless perhaps there's something not quite right with the DNS servers where you are. ?(A few large businesses block access to internet radio websites, too, so if you're trying to access it from work that might be the problem also)

If it's a DNS problem, I suspect you'll be able to get to our Live365 page by visiting the following address:

http://216.235.80.145/stations/kailef

Let me know if that works for you! ?If not, I'm sure I can fix it one way or another. ?Just let me know.

(For the technically minded, 216.235.80.145 is the IP address associated with www.live365.com)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2005, 03:53:59 pm by admin » Logged

Guildmaster

Creator

Warlord

Guildmaster

ONBE

Music Composer

SysOp
PIF Silvergate

Epic Rock Radio

House Jurai

The Poets' Circle

Recipient

Shroud of the Avatar

Sanctum II BBS

JeffET
Post Rank 1

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2005, 04:01:16 pm »

Hey thanks for the reply. I sorted my problem out. I have a pretty extensive "HOSTS file" and for some reason live365.com was being blocked.

So managed to get to the site, but couldnt play anything when I clicked on the play button. Im running Avant Browser, and found out that live365 only works in IE, so tried it with that and it works fine, listening right now in Winamp!!! Shame about the track name, but Ill just refresh the main webpage to see whats playing.

Thanks for the help, looks like Ill have proper music to listen to every day now  Grin Cheesy

Cheers again and keep up the good work!

J.
Kailef
The Boss
Post Rank 5

Symphonic Powermetal Rules!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2005, 04:08:04 pm »

Hey, glad you've got it working!  I was gonna mention the HOSTS file, but I was kind of leery about it because people can mess that up pretty good sometimes.... :-)

Anyhow, I'm hoping that the track names will update correctly once I get this new version of SAM in.  I suspect that I'll solve many of the issues I've been having.

The main website at www.epicrockradio.com will actually refresh itself every few minutes, by the way!

Guildmaster

Creator

Warlord

Guildmaster

ONBE

Music Composer

SysOp
PIF Silvergate

Epic Rock Radio

House Jurai

The Poets' Circle

Recipient