gfxgfxEpic Rock Radiogfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 22, 2019, 03:52:13 pm

Login with username, password and session length
It costs over $600 a month to keep Epic Rock Radio on the air.  Please head to our Patron page and make a donation to help keep us on the air!  The site is http://patreon.com/kailef and we really appreciate your help!
gfx
gfx
gfxgfx
gfxgfx gfxgfx
Search:     Advanced search
gfxgfx Home Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Fabio's Top Ten Bands!  (Read 11865 times)
Sun_dance
Post Rank 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2007, 04:13:44 am »

Hey Fabio,

Great list of course. And may i notice that in a pure Power list (well, can you stick a label in Pagan's???) you included the almighty Maiden! Great!!

Keep rockin'
i_am_fabio
ERR Staff
Post Rank 5

Never Forgotten Heroes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2007, 02:09:14 am »

Thanks Sun_Dance. While i think most of the list still stands. I have definitely opened my mind to sooooooo much more music in the last year (different styles and sub-genres of metal and rock). And in the next year or so i could definitely see some movement in my top ten.

In the meantime i found this video shot at BARfest 2007 during Zero Hour's set. http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoID=2027410240. That's me headbanging and hittin' all the high notes front row. I'm the guy that has his hand in the air right in front of Chris Salinas when the video starts. That was an AWESOME set!!! Too bad they only got about two minutes captured. Anyways...i didn't know where else to put this so, why not in my own top bands thread....as Zero Hour is definitely among my new favorites.

"If There Is Life After Death, There Is No Death
  And If Death Does Not Exist, We Do Not Live"
lucas_broom
Post Rank 3

Just call me Luca

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2007, 01:00:54 am »

Thanks Sun_Dance. While i think most of the list still stands. I have definitely opened my mind to sooooooo much more music in the last year (different styles and sub-genres of metal and rock). And in the next year or so i could definitely see some movement in my top ten.

In the meantime i found this video shot at BARfest 2007 during Zero Hour's set. http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoID=2027410240. That's me headbanging and hittin' all the high notes front row. I'm the guy that has his hand in the air right in front of Chris Salinas when the video starts. That was an AWESOME set!!! Too bad they only got about two minutes captured. Anyways...i didn't know where else to put this so, why not in my own top bands thread....as Zero Hour is definitely among my new favorites.

haha sweet video even though Ive seen it before. Sounds like you need to create like a Favorite Metal Moments thread or somethin. Could be interesting....
« Last Edit: February 24, 2008, 02:31:57 am by i_am_fabio » Logged

My band will be named Pagans Gallery
i_am_fabio
ERR Staff
Post Rank 5

Never Forgotten Heroes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2008, 02:34:29 am »

Alright as you all probably know.....alot can change in a year.  Wink And i have a new top ten. Most will stay the same but there are a few that definitely will be among my new list. I'm falling asleep over here right now, but i'll post my new top ten in the next couple days.  Cool

JayPeeG
ERR Champion
Post Rank 3

Rocking out, one day at a time.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2008, 01:18:51 am »

What a coincidence, just when I was starting to whip up my own.  (At long last hahah)

As some of you know, I've had some busy parts in the last year and all of it started pretty much when this Top Ten fad was introduced.  But I've taken a hold on things once more and here I am, ready to actually do it.

Though, not tonight, I've spent all the free time I've had reading up on some stuff I've missed.  (About five hours on and off, dealing with customers at the same time  Cheesy )

I'm curious as to how this'll turn out considering our similarities in musical taste Fabio.  heheh

~ Powerquest makes me want to grow a mullet and drive a Trans-Am.   - Creed
i_am_fabio
ERR Staff
Post Rank 5

Never Forgotten Heroes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2008, 02:15:14 pm »

Fabio's New Top Ten Bands!!!
[/b]

1) Symphony X - Still #1! It's gonna take some seriouly awesome music in high quantities to knock SX from their throne.

2) Seventh Wonder - Surprised? All the way to #2?.......Damn Right! They deserve it. Honestly i can't stop listening to them. This band just blindsided me with awesomeness. It was a few weeks before "Mercy Falls" was released and i saw someone discussing SW on the Progulus Radio site. So i went ahead and randomly chose a song from their sophmore effort, "Waiting in the Wings".....Blew Me Away!!! Needless to say i ordered that along with "Mercy Falls" as soon as "MF" was released. Haven't looked back since. They have to be my two most played discs since i received them. And i can't see that changing anytime soon. Each member of this band is at the top of their game and it shows in every song. They are definitely on their way to catching the mighty SX as my favorite band. With a couple more great releases they just might be there.

3) Adagio - They were on my awesome-radar two years ago. And now they have found a place among my favorites. With releases like "Sanctus Ignis" and "Dominate" you can't ignore them. And then there's "Underworld", Wow! And the samples from their new album sound amazing as well. I look forward to Febuary 2nd and the release date of the long awaited "Archangels in Black". Their heavy, dark, progressive, neo classical styles mixed together to form some of the best music for my personal tastes. So cheers to Adagio for shredding their way into my top three.

4) Beyond Twilight - BT have three albums out, i own two of them, "The Devil's Hall of Fame" and "For Love of Art and the Makiing". Both are some of the best music ever created to these ears. And what i have heard from "Section X" sounds amazing as well (short on funds lately otherwise i'd own it too). I started with their latest "FtLoAatM" and immediately i knew it was something special. They had created something truly unique that mixed all the elements of music that i love. Then after a while i felt the need to get my hands on some of their other work...."TDHoF". Their debut features Jorn Lande on vocals.....Amazing! Probably my favorite vocals of all time on this album. You've never heard Jorn like this before. I knew he was amazing with Ark and Masterplan....but this is just another level. It's on it's way to ERR so if you haven't heard it, be sure to check it out ASAP. Easy desicion to move them up into the top five. Check this song out on Youtube to see what i'm talking about.......impossible to sing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91OW_wbk-j4

4.5)Dream Theater - No real description needed here. Every album i have purchased by this band has been a treat for my ears.  Cool

5)Redemption - A band that flew under my radar for a while. But since i discovered them they have quickly become one of my favorites. Proggy stuff with a great vocalist that gives you the feeling of the emotions in the lyrics in his delivery. There is not one song on their latest two albums that i don't love. I'll mention once more the lyrics in these two discs.....inspirational and true to life. Some of the best lyrics i've ever heard. I dare anyone to listen to "The Fullness of Time" without getting chills at least three times....impossible. Music that conveys the lyrics perfectly.

So as you can see....my top five has changed drastically into the world of Progressiveness.  Grin

6) Lost Horizon - Pretty much the only "Power Metal" band that you will find me still listening to on a regular basis. Daniel Heiman is a vocal GOD! The music is just a perfect vessel to deliver the powerhouse vocals of Heiman. And the lyrics are very inspirational and meaningful. You can read my thoughts on my original top ten and those feelings all still remain.  Smiley

I'll continue the list in another post since i'm afraid of making it too long and losing my whole post, to be continued.......

« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 02:20:22 am by i_am_fabio » Logged

i_am_fabio
ERR Staff
Post Rank 5

Never Forgotten Heroes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2008, 02:42:59 pm »

7)Pagan's Mind - They are still among my favorites but i guess they kinda dropped in my rankings due to me not being too fond of their latest album "God's Equation". It was a good album, but didn't meet the expectations that i had for them going into the future. Maybe i'll pop in "Celestial Entrance" later to remind me why they were #3 two years ago.  Cool

8]Evergrey - With a great release in "Torn" they have kept themselves in the top ten for me. With outstanding releases such as "The Inne Circle, "In Search of Truth", "Solitude, Dominance, "Tragedy" all in their back catologue i can't overlook them in my list of tops. As i still revisit these titles pretty regularly. I hope to see some more keyboards/piano put into the mix for future Evergrey, as they have kinda gone away from it in their latest two and i'm hoping that they will bring them back at some point.

8.5)Circus Maximus - With two phenomenal releases under their belt and a third on the way in 2009 i can't help but give them a spot in the list. They get the 8.5 spot as they are right amidst the Evergrey/Zero Hour battle. "Isolate" was awesome musically. The lyrics were kinda lacking for me though, thus why they don't have a higher spot on my list. Lyrics are a very important aspect of a band for me.

9)Zero Hour - Technical Prog. band that will blow you away with technique and originality. One of my favorite bands to see live as it is unbelievable that they are actually playing the stuff that is put on their records. Can't say enough good things about these guys. Their earlier two discs "Metamophosis" and "The Towers of Avarice" are among my top played albums all time. Their latest three are not too bad themselves. All find their way into my player pretty consistenly. Zero Hour is Metal!

10)Vision Divine/Kamelot - It's a tie! Both well deserve to be in my personal top ten. As both were a huge part in paving the way to where i am today.  Couldn't decide which i loved more, so why not put them both on the list.  Grin  See original top ten for more thoughts on these bands.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2008, 02:54:28 pm by i_am_fabio » Logged

i_am_fabio
ERR Staff
Post Rank 5

Never Forgotten Heroes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2008, 03:04:25 pm »

Honorable Mentions...

Scar Symmetry - Their latest two releases have blown me away! Some of the best melodic/death metalin the land with some extremely impressive guitar work throughout. If they hadn't recently seperated from their vocalist then i think they would be in my top ten. But i'll have to wait and see what the next one sounds like with their new duel vocalist approach before placing them among the top ranks. But for any melodic heavy metal fans that aren't afraid of the growls.....Highly Recommended!

Suspyre - Really have taken it to a level of my liking in their latest two albums. Have taken their Power Metal beginnings and mixed them perfectly with the new Progressive styles of the band. Are definitely making a run at my top ten.

Rhapsody - Just have fallen off my radar as of late. Maybe it's due to the bands hiatus due to legal matters, not sure. But i do know that they are still one of my favorite bands ever. They define Symphonic Metal to me. And i'm sure i will find them in my top list again. Just haven't found myself popping in their discs as often as i used to.

Cea Serin - With only one release out it's impossible for me to throw them into the top ten. We'll wait for the next release and then see where they fall. Definitely one of my favorite debut discs by any band.

And of course i'd like to mention the other bands from my original top ten from two years ago. Shdow Gallery, Rush, Iron Maiden, Sonata Arctica, and especially Angra wh has dropped out of my top ten because i'm mad that they are taking a break. I don't think they'll ever match "ToS" and i'm a little saddened to think that the best of them has come and gone. Only time will tell. 

Guidrummist
Post Rank 4

Yes, those drums are made of cheese.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2008, 05:03:38 pm »

Aw man, that's right. Alverstam is gone from Scar Symmetry now  Sad

Fortunately, he always has a good project or 2 brewing. What a great vocalist.

Paranoia is the only rational approach to a conspiracy world.
i_am_fabio
ERR Staff
Post Rank 5

Never Forgotten Heroes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2008, 02:34:59 pm »

Aw man, that's right. Alverstam is gone from Scar Symmetry now  Sad

Fortunately, he always has a good project or 2 brewing. What a great vocalist.

Agreed. He is amazing! I don't know if SS can be the same without him. For my ears sake i hope he finds another band to make great music with. And we can only hope that SS can continue to make great music even without his perfect voice for their sound.

mysoulmadefromdark
Post Rank 2

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2010, 08:37:23 pm »

Ver koolez the first band got me into metal was WITHIN TEMPTATION with the song stand my ground so WT will always be my best band all time and top 1
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to: