gfxgfxEpic Rock Radiogfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 28, 2020, 06:38:11 pm

Login with username, password and session length
It costs over $600 a month to keep Epic Rock Radio on the air.  Please head to our Patron page and make a donation to help keep us on the air!  The site is http://patreon.com/kailef and we really appreciate your help!
gfx
gfx
gfxgfx
gfxgfx gfxgfx
Search:     Advanced search
gfxgfx Home Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17
Print
Author Topic: What song is currently Owning you?  (Read 96485 times)
Sun_dance
Post Rank 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #195 on: October 10, 2007, 02:39:35 pm »

It is about Tarja. Tuomas said it already. And the lyrics do not let much space for doubt. As well as "Master Passion Greed" is a shot in the direction of Tarja'a hubby. Hell yeah, the Wish rules!

Keep rockin'
i_am_fabio
ERR Staff
Post Rank 5

Never Forgotten Heroes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #196 on: October 18, 2007, 12:31:07 am »

Falconer's 'Substitutional Word'

"The higher your lucky star rises
the deeper you will fall
Who are you to impersonate god
who are you to know it all?
As soon as you see tomorrow dawn
the future unfolds before your eyes
It's bit a sweet dream you dreamed
it's a nightmare of the world's demise"

This song Rules!!! I can't get it out of my head. I love it. I think i'm gonna order the CD right now.  Cool

"If There Is Life After Death, There Is No Death
  And If Death Does Not Exist, We Do Not Live"
Kailef
The Boss
Post Rank 5

Symphonic Powermetal Rules!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #197 on: October 18, 2007, 07:39:05 am »

Matthias left Falconer for two albums because he wanted to do stage musicals a-la Broadway and so forth.  He's got quite the voice on him.  He's back on their latest album.  Speaking of which, I should get that on the station.  :-)

Guildmaster

Creator

Warlord

Guildmaster

ONBE

Music Composer

SysOp
PIF Silvergate

Epic Rock Radio

House Jurai

The Poets' Circle

Recipient

Shroud of the Avatar

Sanctum II BBS

i_am_fabio
ERR Staff
Post Rank 5

Never Forgotten Heroes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #198 on: October 18, 2007, 02:30:48 pm »

Yeah. I'm glad he's back. Although i think the other guy was great as well. Matthias has just got a soothing voice. Hopefully we'll see th other guy pop up in another band somewhere in time.  Grin

Get it on ERR!!! I wanna request it.  Wink

i_am_fabio
ERR Staff
Post Rank 5

Never Forgotten Heroes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #199 on: October 23, 2007, 05:39:14 am »

Circus Maximus' "Abyss" This is the only fulll song i have heard from this album and HOLY CRAP!!!  Shocked I gotta get this disc. This song is absolutely amazing. Check out the song here.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MjYJbJIPnM.

Seriously....check it out, you won't regret it. This band has got to be on ERR....what do ya think?

Kailef
The Boss
Post Rank 5

Symphonic Powermetal Rules!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #200 on: October 23, 2007, 07:28:03 am »

I completely and wholeheartedly agree.  In fact, thanks to Concertmusic, it will be.  ;-)

I know it doesn't really belong in this thread, but - here's an update on the server:  I've physically got the new server now.  It runs pretty well, definitely better than the temporary pile of junk we're using.  I've got to load it up and transfer everything over to it, which will take a while, as I said.  I'll probably be doing that this coming weekend.

Guildmaster

Creator

Warlord

Guildmaster

ONBE

Music Composer

SysOp
PIF Silvergate

Epic Rock Radio

House Jurai

The Poets' Circle

Recipient

Shroud of the Avatar

Sanctum II BBS

i_am_fabio
ERR Staff
Post Rank 5

Never Forgotten Heroes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #201 on: October 23, 2007, 03:51:24 pm »

Alright Concertmusic!!!! I have been seeing that name on the message board alot lately. Checking out some of his past posts it seems that he also thinks some prog in the diet is good for all.  Wink Thats great news. After all the name of the station is Epic Rock Radio. That name covers so much. I know that the focus has been Power and Symphonic Metal.....but It would be great to get some more progressive stuff like Circus Maximus. Alot of progressive metal bands have that crossover appeal that would draw the power metal fans in. Cheers to Concertmusic and his ERR Champion status.  Cool

amir
ERR Staff
Post Rank 5

amirsaffari
View Profile WWW
« Reply #202 on: October 24, 2007, 01:31:29 am »

I agree with having more prog metal too, though my current taste tends to be more power and symphonic, but I enjoy many prog bands, I could recommend Amorphis too, not their early works which are death metal classics, but more recent ones.

BTW, thanks for the new server Kailef, much appreciated.
i_am_fabio
ERR Staff
Post Rank 5

Never Forgotten Heroes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #203 on: January 17, 2008, 01:44:04 am »

A ressurection of this thread seems necessary with all the requests going on right now. I'd say it is safe to say that there are people right now owned by Nightwish's "The Poet and the Pendulum" (really it's owning me as well.....beautiful song!), that Heavenly tune as well. And also that Six Magics tune, i think i heard it ten times today alone.  Grin

But as i am sure you have noticed Adagio's "Chosen" is still completely owning me. There are a couple others that have been in my head alot lately as well. Well......thread ressurected.  Wink

amir
ERR Staff
Post Rank 5

amirsaffari
View Profile WWW
« Reply #204 on: January 17, 2008, 01:47:47 am »

A ressurection of this thread seems necessary with all the requests going on right now. I'd say it is safe to say that there are people right now owned by Nightwish's "The Poet and the Pendulum" (really it's owning me as well.....beautiful song!), that Heavenly tune as well. And also that Six Magics tune, i think i heard it ten times today alone.  Grin

Yes, I like it also, though not pwned with it Wink , still Iron Savior's The Omega Man is owing me Grin
JayPeeG
ERR Champion
Post Rank 3

Rocking out, one day at a time.

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 17, 2008, 02:22:00 am »

Well, to be perfectly 100% honest.  The song that is currently owning me is Raining Blood by Slayer.  Not because I enjoy it that much but because I just CAN'T FREAKING GET THROUGH IT on Guitar Hero III at Hard difficulty.   Cheesy

Other than that, Sonata Arctica's Don't Say a Word is making me head bang quite a bit in my car these past days.

~ Powerquest makes me want to grow a mullet and drive a Trans-Am.   - Creed
i_am_fabio
ERR Staff
Post Rank 5

Never Forgotten Heroes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #206 on: January 17, 2008, 03:03:36 am »

Ohhhh, stuck on the GH.  Grin

And 'Don't say a Word' is definitely an awesome tune!

And i just noticed Kailef has 1000 posts. Hooray!! Amir, screenshot.  Wink

i_am_fabio
ERR Staff
Post Rank 5

Never Forgotten Heroes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #207 on: January 17, 2008, 03:25:02 am »

WOW!!! 'Caleb' from Sonata Arctica's "Unia" just gave me absolute chills. It was unreal the feeling i get when really listening to a perfectly written song such as that. I turned it way up!!! I'd say it's safe to say that tune also OWNS ME! Wow! What a feeling. I'm sure you all know what i'm talking about. The feeling you get when you listen to the perfect song. Unreal! I'm still trying to shake off the greatness. I love those moments.  Cool

amir
ERR Staff
Post Rank 5

amirsaffari
View Profile WWW
« Reply #208 on: January 17, 2008, 03:27:57 am »

And i just noticed Kailef has 1000 posts. Hooray!! Amir, screenshot

There you go. Congrats Kailef, you are the first man ever to have a 4 digit on his/her posts on this forum Grin
Creed
Post Rank 4

CreedP
View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 17, 2008, 06:26:10 am »

The Poet & Pendulum / Flying Dutchmen double-shot is usually me, heh.  Love 'em both, and they are some of the finest truly Epic & Rock songs on the station.  Though I'm beginning to have my doubts about Circus Maximus, after hearing some VERY long tracks from them that just don't hold up.  Sad  We'll see, maybe they'll grow, but yesterday the music was SO bland and SO boring, I just couldn't take it any more and actually turned off ERR not once.. but TWICE... in favor of my own supply. 

(Hey, I had a lot of work to do, and need something with a pulse and energy to keep rockin'... what can I say...)  Tongue

CREED

Perception of reality is a matter of opinion.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17
Print
Jump to: