gfxgfxEpic Rock Radiogfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 25, 2020, 02:45:19 pm

Login with username, password and session length
It costs over $600 a month to keep Epic Rock Radio on the air.  Please head to our Patron page and make a donation to help keep us on the air!  The site is http://patreon.com/kailef and we really appreciate your help!
gfx
gfx
gfxgfx
gfxgfx gfxgfx
Search:     Advanced search
gfxgfx Home Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: "NEW" Nightwish  (Read 8291 times)
trekman
Post Rank 4

CRANK IT UP!!

no1trekman2002 no1trekman2002
View Profile WWW
« on: May 23, 2007, 04:22:30 pm »

Well after hearing this sample, I cant freakin wait for the new CD "Eva".

I love this voice. Whoever it is!! Grin  http://www.nightwish.com/en/files/audio A lot less "Opereratic". Wink

amir
ERR Staff
Post Rank 5

amirsaffari
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2007, 12:35:06 am »

Awesome man, I love it, BTW who's now the female singer, did they choose anyone, I wasn't following them for a long time now.
mojobie
ERR Champion
Post Rank 4

That's my new race bike.

mojobie@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2007, 07:02:05 am »

They have chosen a new singer, but they haven't released who it is yet. I've heard that they're going to release the single and the singer at the same time. I couldn't listen to the sample, as the site was temporarily down, but I'm liking the "less operatic". It's unfortunate for my friend though, as he really really loves the operatic NW vocals.

-EDIT-

Never mind, apparently the new singer is Anette Blyckert former singer for Sweden's Alyson Avenue. [Found this on a different forum]
« Last Edit: May 24, 2007, 11:09:36 am by mojobie » Logged
Prior
Post Rank 4

Bach, Vaughn-Williams , Therion: it's all good

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2007, 06:49:06 am »

As a HUGE Nightwish fan this is great news that they're now back with a new lead singer.
I happen to like the cover art as well (very "Nightwish-ish" in tone).
Gonna be a good summer for music it looks like.
Prior

"If I ever die of a heart attack, I hope it will be from playing my stereo too loud"  -- Anonymous

"Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence"
-- Robert Fripp
i_am_fabio
ERR Staff
Post Rank 5

Never Forgotten Heroes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2007, 01:31:22 pm »

http://www.nightwish.com/en/files/audio

Here's the link to check out four samples from the upcoming Nightwish release. Check 'Em out......

So..........What do you think? Sounds like '7 Days to the Wolves' is going to be a killer track. 'Master Passion Greed' sounds like a pretty kickass tune as well. I read somewhere that Marco will be doing the vocals on two of the tracks alone (without Anette). Should be a good release. I look forward to it. Set to be released in September.  Cool

"If There Is Life After Death, There Is No Death
  And If Death Does Not Exist, We Do Not Live"
Kailef
The Boss
Post Rank 5

Symphonic Powermetal Rules!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2007, 11:04:26 am »

Sounds great so far.  Less of an "Operatic" feel, but still great.

Guildmaster

Creator

Warlord

Guildmaster

ONBE

Music Composer

SysOp
PIF Silvergate

Epic Rock Radio

House Jurai

The Poets' Circle

Recipient

Shroud of the Avatar

Sanctum II BBS

Costas_Greece
Monthly ERR Supporter
Post Rank 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2007, 12:40:05 am »

I love nightwish more than every other group and I have to say I'm a bit dissapointed with the track.
I expected something more intense from them , the 'Eva' song is just not enough... Sad

Love the new singer though, here are some pictures of her

Cheers
Creed
Post Rank 4

CreedP
View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2007, 07:26:37 am »

Ugh, a shame we can't downscale those pics.  I mean, she's nice looking and all, but I doubt that there's a Nightwish concert in my future, and I don't normally stare at artists' pictures while listening to the album, heh.

That said, she's got a nice voice - she's definitely not Tarja, but she's got her own sound, and that's okay too.  The -band- (not the singer) Nightwish had been improving steadily over their five albums, so they should be quite amazing with this one.  Looking forward to it!  (Note: it'll be odd to hear the old songs done by Anette, heh)

CREED

Perception of reality is a matter of opinion.
Sun_dance
Post Rank 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2007, 10:18:26 am »

I have great expectations on the NEW NW. I really think we are about to listen to the very best NW opus ever. And please notice i am a die hard Wisher since Angels started to fall , know what i mean? Smiley

And i'm really in need of a good surprise, since Sonata Arctica's suicide. How can Kako become soooooooooo boring?

Keep rockin'
Murdoc the Mad
Post Rank 2

A Wandering Bard

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2007, 05:39:31 pm »

The new vocalist is a little too...  pop-ish for my tastes.  She sounds too much like Amy Lee and not enough like Tarja.  I'll wait until the album comes out until I judge her though.

As for the single:
+The orchestrations were brilliant.  Who ever they've got doing that for them is awesome (I don't think it's Toumas, but I may be wrong).
+The usual great Nightwish production values.
+The guitar solo, though not technically challenging, is really great.
-Vocals, like I mentioned before.
-It's really quiet a boring piece to start your brand new era with.  I wish they had chosen to go with something other than a ballad, but it does make sense that they'd want to show off the new vocals.

Needless to say, I'm excited for the new album.  Here's to hoping that they've got another Ghost Love Score in store for us.

"And here I thought I'd get through the whole day without killing anyone." - Caine, Heroes Die by Matthew Stover
Costas_Greece
Monthly ERR Supporter
Post Rank 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2007, 12:58:14 am »

As stated in nightwish official website , the launch date for their new CD will be September 28th !

Here is a copy !

Nightwish's upcoming album will be called "Dark Passion Play". It will be released by Nuclear Blast on September 28th, by Spinefarm Records / Universal on September 26th and by Roadrunner Records on September 28th.

The tracklist reads as follows:

1. The Poet And The Pendulum
2. Bye Bye Beautiful
3. Amaranth
4. Cadence Of Her Last Breath
5. Master Passion Greed
6. Eva
7. Sahara
8. Whoever Brings The Night
9. For The Heart I Once Had
10. The Islander
11. Last Of The Wilds
12. 7 Days To The Wolves
13. Meadows Of Heaven

i_am_fabio
ERR Staff
Post Rank 5

Never Forgotten Heroes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2007, 12:32:53 pm »

Personally I am glad they didn't pick a singer that sounds like Tarja. As much as I enjoyed her vocal work on the past NW material I think a change will be good. If they would have picked a singer with the same vocal style i doubt that the new singer would be better or even as good as Tarja. But with the change it's hard for people to compare the two singers in the same way. So those who liked  NW music can continue to (although a little different), and those who only enjoyed NW strictly because of Tarja can follow far away from the metal world.  Cool

Kailef
The Boss
Post Rank 5

Symphonic Powermetal Rules!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2007, 03:31:22 pm »

*nods*  I agree.  For example, when Falconer changed singers to Kris for a while, he was an entirely different sound, hard to compare.  (I thought he was pretty darn good, but sadly many people did not agree.)

Guildmaster

Creator

Warlord

Guildmaster

ONBE

Music Composer

SysOp
PIF Silvergate

Epic Rock Radio

House Jurai

The Poets' Circle

Recipient

Shroud of the Avatar

Sanctum II BBS

~V~
Lead Administrator
Post Rank 5

Epic-Rock-Radio-V@live.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2007, 06:03:37 pm »

I am a big fan of Nightwish and I have no doubt they will carry on with style...
I do miss the opera that Tarja brought to the group... but of course as I have said before, I prefer the Female-Fronted bands.

EPIC ROCK RADIO, where metal, is the way it should be!
https://www.facebook.com/EpicRockRadioVee
i_am_fabio
ERR Staff
Post Rank 5

Never Forgotten Heroes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2007, 11:59:03 pm »

The new music video for the single 'Amaranth' off the upcoming album is available for viewing....http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=78593. Good video, song sounds pretty good. Thought some of you would be interested.  Cool

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to: