gfxgfxEpic Rock Radiogfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 25, 2020, 03:57:02 pm

Login with username, password and session length
It costs over $600 a month to keep Epic Rock Radio on the air.  Please head to our Patron page and make a donation to help keep us on the air!  The site is http://patreon.com/kailef and we really appreciate your help!
gfx
gfx
gfxgfx
gfxgfx gfxgfx
Search:     Advanced search
gfxgfx Home Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: "NEW" Nightwish  (Read 8292 times)
Leonidus

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2007, 08:11:39 am »

I listened to the leaked version of the new album at my friends place. All I can say to all those Symphonic metal bands is that a titanium train called the Poet and the Pendulum is coming! The absolute best song they ever made, and ive been a fan for a long time. So symphonic, so powerfull... no, dont worry im not gonna spoil anything. Youll just have to see for yourselves.  Smiley
amir
ERR Staff
Post Rank 5

amirsaffari
View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2007, 12:05:49 am »

Just cann't wait to listen to their new album Cheesy
Kurroth
ERR Champion
Post Rank 1

Sorta looks like me if you squint really hard.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2007, 12:11:30 pm »

I for one am not a big fan of the Tarja. <ducking> But Nightwish is such a great band I overcame my initial dislike of her voice and came love the band. I was really excited when they picked up the new singer and what I've heard so far is great. I'm looking forward to the new CD. I'd love to here the new singer do Dark Chest of Wonder.

Murdoc the Mad
Post Rank 2

A Wandering Bard

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2007, 10:02:08 pm »

I listened to the leaked version of the new album at my friends place. All I can say to all those Symphonic metal bands is that a titanium train called the Poet and the Pendulum is coming! The absolute best song they ever made, and ive been a fan for a long time. So symphonic, so powerfull... no, dont worry im not gonna spoil anything. Youll just have to see for yourselves.  Smiley

I haven't listened to the full album yet, but you aren't kidding: The Poet and the Pendulum is insane.  I'm still not convinced that Annette was the best pick, due to the fact that her tambre causes her voice to literally be drown out in everything going on. . .but in this case, it actually works.  It puts less emphasis is put on the lyrics, and more on the voice as another instrument.  Tuomas has gotten even crazier with his orchestrations, and the result is awesome.  Even if the rest of the album is a flop, this opening track is a stunning success.

"And here I thought I'd get through the whole day without killing anyone." - Caine, Heroes Die by Matthew Stover
Sun_dance
Post Rank 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2007, 02:45:24 pm »

I haven't listened to the full album yet, but you aren't kidding: The Poet and the Pendulum is insane.  I'm still not convinced that Annette was the best pick, due to the fact that her tambre causes her voice to literally be drown out in everything going on. . .but in this case, it actually works.  It puts less emphasis is put on the lyrics, and more on the voice as another instrument.  Tuomas has gotten even crazier with his orchestrations, and the result is awesome.  Even if the rest of the album is a flop, this opening track is a stunning success.

Hey people,

Take my word for it, "Dark Passion Play" is the very best Nightwish so far. We are lucky to witness the beginning of a bright new era. At least we'll witness the sweetest revenge of Metal years. Tuomas saved his finest for this one... Without Tarja!

Keep rockin'
Costas_Greece
Monthly ERR Supporter
Post Rank 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2007, 07:04:15 am »

The new album rocks hard. I was expecting something bad after Tarja left.
Believed that 'all things come to an end' will affect nightwish too but damn I was so wrong !

I recommend the album to everyone and hope we can listen it from EER too soon Smiley

cheers  Grin
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to: