gfxgfxEpic Rock Radiogfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 28, 2020, 06:39:25 pm

Login with username, password and session length
It costs over $600 a month to keep Epic Rock Radio on the air.  Please head to our Patron page and make a donation to help keep us on the air!  The site is http://patreon.com/kailef and we really appreciate your help!
gfx
gfx
gfxgfx
gfxgfx gfxgfx
Search:     Advanced search
gfxgfx Home Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Dark Passion Play  (Read 4408 times)
Sun_dance
Post Rank 1

View Profile Email
« on: September 27, 2007, 06:05:38 am »

Hey metalheads,

Ok, so now it's official! Got the Special Edition Cd (with bonus instrumental cd  Smiley ) yesterday. I'm still in awe! The best record i've ever listen to! Plus, two dates in Portugal for April 2008. 2 much for one day. Tks Tuomas...

Keep rockin'
Kailef
The Boss
Post Rank 5

Symphonic Powermetal Rules!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2007, 07:20:54 am »

The best record you've ever listened to, huh?  That's very high praise.  :-)  I'll have to check them out.

Guildmaster

Creator

Warlord

Guildmaster

ONBE

Music Composer

SysOp
PIF Silvergate

Epic Rock Radio

House Jurai

The Poets' Circle

Recipient

Shroud of the Avatar

Sanctum II BBS

i_am_fabio
ERR Staff
Post Rank 5

Never Forgotten Heroes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2007, 04:36:14 pm »

I'll be picking up my copy at Progpower USA in less than a week now. I can't wait. In the meanwhile...check out the latest video for the new single 'Bye Bye Beautiful'. The song seems to be a shot at Tarja. But still is a pretty good tune. I look forward to checking out the rest of the album.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obDUEzarecM&mode=related&search=Cool

"If There Is Life After Death, There Is No Death
  And If Death Does Not Exist, We Do Not Live"
Sun_dance
Post Rank 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2007, 04:44:22 pm »

The best record you've ever listened to, huh?  That's very high praise.  :-)  I'll have to check them out.

Hey Guys,

What can i say? I sure do not remember every record i've ever listened to but... A true case of love at first sound! This baby opens with "The Poet and the Pendulum". You'll know what i mean when you listen to it Kailef, u gotta love it. Awesome!  Grin

And yes Fabio, "Bye Bye" is a shot at Tarja ("did we came this far just to feel your hate/did we play just to become pawns in the game/how blind can you be, can't you see/you choose the long road but we'll be waiting/Bye Bye Beautiful). Tuomas himself has already said that it was for Tarja. But how saaaawwweeeet revenge. Great song.

Please notice, no comparisons here. Would still be the very best Nightwish if Tarja was singing. I'll keep my opinion to myself for now (not that you guys care anyway  Grin ). Well, get it and let me know what you think.

And by the way Fabio, tell Kako "Unia" sucks  Grin Grin How i envey you mate. Have a great time at Prog!

Keep rockin'
i_am_fabio
ERR Staff
Post Rank 5

Never Forgotten Heroes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2007, 01:10:07 pm »

It's going to be awesome!!! If i talk to Kakko.......i'll tell him to keep up the great work. I'll also tell him how much i LOVE "Unia".  Grin

"If There Is Life After Death, There Is No Death
  And If Death Does Not Exist, We Do Not Live"
~V~
Lead Administrator
Post Rank 5

Epic-Rock-Radio-V@live.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2007, 08:24:21 pm »

Good tune... I like it.  Toumas is a genius by any standard... but I cannot help but miss Tarja.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2007, 02:03:40 pm by HERSELF » Logged

EPIC ROCK RADIO, where metal, is the way it should be!
https://www.facebook.com/EpicRockRadioVee
Sun_dance
Post Rank 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2007, 08:48:45 am »

Tarja will always be a great singer. But don't miss her. Tuomas is Nightwish, always was, always will be. By the way, got the chance to listen to some of Tarja's new material for a metal album... sry guys, but it sucks. She sings very well though.

Keep rockin'
lucas_broom
Post Rank 3

Just call me Luca

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2007, 07:46:49 pm »

A little late on my response here i realize but I just wanted to put in my two cents here. This album is pretty amazing and has the best written songs in Nightwish history..my opinion of course. The vocalist is ok although I like Tarja a little bit better the new one does a fine job. "Poet and the Pendulum" is their best song ever written by far. Amazing album

My band will be named Pagans Gallery
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: