gfxgfxEpic Rock Radiogfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 31, 2020, 10:03:18 am

Login with username, password and session length
It costs over $600 a month to keep Epic Rock Radio on the air.  Please head to our Patron page and make a donation to help keep us on the air!  The site is http://patreon.com/kailef and we really appreciate your help!
gfx
gfx
gfxgfx
gfxgfx gfxgfx
Search:     Advanced search
gfxgfx Home Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: "Epic Rock Radio Myspace Page!!!"  (Read 13667 times)
Kailef
The Boss
Post Rank 5

Symphonic Powermetal Rules!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2008, 04:12:47 am »

My take on it is that we should accept friends that are (A) listeners of the station, or (B) bands that we play and/or plan to play on the station.

I don't really figure it makes sense to have bands we wouldn't play.

Then again, I'm such a noob with MySpace that I don't even really know what's all involved in that stuff.  Heh.

Guildmaster

Creator

Warlord

Guildmaster

ONBE

Music Composer

SysOp
PIF Silvergate

Epic Rock Radio

House Jurai

The Poets' Circle

Recipient

Shroud of the Avatar

Sanctum II BBS

trekman
Post Rank 4

CRANK IT UP!!

no1trekman2002 no1trekman2002
View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2008, 07:20:52 am »

Ive been on MySpace for a few years. Ive made a few friends there. But mainly I go there to find cool new music.  Personally Even if a band wont be played here (But they still rock) Id accept them. Its like the "Tune In Now" message you sent out, if I hadnt been a friend I would have never seen it. The more friends the more exposure. Because the people that do listen to those bands may follow the links back to the ERR MySpace page and start tuning in.

We all know (Sadly) Metal especially Epic Metal isnt as popular as we all wish it was. At least in the USA. Ive never heard of any stations that play it.  Sad And I think getting new listeners here any way possible is a good thing. Anyone here that does have a MySpace page can just post a link to a New band they discover. And Kalief & Fabio can make the final decision. Grin

Thats just My Opinion, since you asked. Grin

i_am_fabio
ERR Staff
Post Rank 5

Never Forgotten Heroes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2008, 05:10:22 pm »

Alright cool.  Cool I agree with both of you.  Grin I guess that is why i asked your opinion. Like i said, on one hand it doesn't make much sense to display bands that don't belong on the station as our friend......but then again, thinking back to before i knew about these styles of music, i didn't even really know they existed.  Maybe making some friends that play other styles of rock may not be a bad idea in that regard. Maybe someone listens to bands that wouldn't be played on ERR, and they....like me a few years back.....don't even know stations or music like this exist.......how are they supposed to find out about it? So i could see both sides. Maybe i'll just decide as it comes along. If i think that becoming friends with a band could gain one more listener....then it would be worth it right? Every single person counts, and certainly everyone should have the oppurtunity to decide properly (meaning that they know what all is out there) what is good music and what is not.

And hey Kailef, have you received anything from Olympos Mons yet?? I sent you a PM. For those who are wondering what the hell i am talking about, this band,  http://www.myspace.com/olymposmons, sent Kailef some music to be played on the station. I think their stuff sounds pretty awesome. Definitely Epic! Hopefully we'll see soon what their made of....right here on Epic Rock Radio.  Cool

"If There Is Life After Death, There Is No Death
  And If Death Does Not Exist, We Do Not Live"
Kailef
The Boss
Post Rank 5

Symphonic Powermetal Rules!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2008, 05:24:38 pm »

Yep, I got it last night!

Guildmaster

Creator

Warlord

Guildmaster

ONBE

Music Composer

SysOp
PIF Silvergate

Epic Rock Radio

House Jurai

The Poets' Circle

Recipient

Shroud of the Avatar

Sanctum II BBS

i_am_fabio
ERR Staff
Post Rank 5

Never Forgotten Heroes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2008, 08:34:48 pm »

Cool.  Cool  I'll let 'em know. Rock On!!!

amir
ERR Staff
Post Rank 5

amirsaffari
View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2008, 12:20:28 am »

Cool work Fabio, I really like it, and you have tons of nice friends (bands) there, say Hi instead of me to Iron Savior Grin
i_am_fabio
ERR Staff
Post Rank 5

Never Forgotten Heroes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2008, 02:16:06 am »

Cool work Fabio, I really like it, and you have tons of nice friends (bands) there, say Hi instead of me to Iron Savior Grin

I sent a comment their way telling them how much we enjoy their music here at our station. I also threw a special "you guys rock!" comment from you personally Amir. Assuming they approve the comment (some myspacers want to approve every comment sent to them before approving them to put on their page), it should be on their page here in the next day or two. http://www.myspace.com/ironsaviorofficial Rock On Amir!!!  Cool

amir
ERR Staff
Post Rank 5

amirsaffari
View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2008, 03:51:12 am »

Thanks Fabio, the myspace page is looking fantastic. Thanks for the IS thing Wink Appreciated lots.
i_am_fabio
ERR Staff
Post Rank 5

Never Forgotten Heroes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2008, 09:21:15 pm »

Thanks Fabio, the myspace page is looking fantastic. Thanks for the IS thing Wink Appreciated lots.

Check it out! They finally approved the comment. http://www.myspace.com/ironsaviorofficial   Cheesy

amir
ERR Staff
Post Rank 5

amirsaffari
View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2008, 01:03:19 am »

WOW, saw it dude, great, appreciated man, wish you were around so I could get you a few beers or something buddy Wink
i_am_fabio
ERR Staff
Post Rank 5

Never Forgotten Heroes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2008, 01:08:01 am »

i'll get a beer out of my fridge right now...and pretend it is from you.  Grin i was gonna get another anyways, but now it will taste alot better......since you dedicated it to me. rock on amir!!!

amir
ERR Staff
Post Rank 5

amirsaffari
View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2008, 01:30:34 am »

Great, dedicated beer is also awesome I guess Cheesy
i_am_fabio
ERR Staff
Post Rank 5

Never Forgotten Heroes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2008, 01:45:34 am »

you gotta new avatar.  Cheesy is that you in the picture? rock on buddy!!! you make some great requests. i enjoy listening with you. always great music playing when you are requesting.  Cool

On another note, if anyone has any pictures fromr at concerts or with members of bands , or even just rocking out wherever......we need some pictures for the myspace page. just thought it would be cool to get some pictures in the picture section. and maybe even a picture of the week. where a listener picture that rocks could be on the main profile page of the ERR myspace. I don't know, just thinking aloud again. But seriously, any Rock/Metal related pictures would be cool (even if it's just a picture of you rocking out in the kitchen).  Cool
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 01:52:21 am by i_am_fabio » Logged

amir
ERR Staff
Post Rank 5

amirsaffari
View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2008, 01:54:16 am »

you gotta new avatar.  Cheesy is that you in the picture?
Yep, that's me Grin , took it in summer , thought WTH, I will be the first one here to reveal myself Cheesy

i enjoy listening with you. always great music playing when you are requesting.
Me too, cheers man as ERR listening experience is always fantastic with you guys.
i_am_fabio
ERR Staff
Post Rank 5

Never Forgotten Heroes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2008, 02:23:52 am »

the first to reveal yourself....LOL. with the cat already out of the bag. do you wanna add any pictures to the myspace page? I think it would be cool to have a picture or two of some of the listeners. i added a couple of me on there (from BARfest last May). so i guess we will all soon reveal ourselves  Grin. if you got a favorite of you rocking out, then let's get it on there.

I got a couple of pictures of me with the Vision Divine guys, maybe i'll try and get those on there too. Anyone else??   Cool

EDIT: I added myself an Avatar.  Cheesy That guitar is just so damn epic!!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 02:36:53 am by i_am_fabio » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to: