gfxgfxEpic Rock Radiogfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 27, 2020, 10:02:54 pm

Login with username, password and session length
It costs over $600 a month to keep Epic Rock Radio on the air.  Please head to our Patron page and make a donation to help keep us on the air!  The site is http://patreon.com/kailef and we really appreciate your help!
gfx
gfx
gfxgfx
gfxgfx gfxgfx
Search:     Advanced search
gfxgfx Home Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: "Epic Rock Radio Myspace Page!!!"  (Read 13634 times)
i_am_fabio
ERR Staff
Post Rank 5

Never Forgotten Heroes

View Profile WWW
« on: December 27, 2007, 03:02:27 am »

.......is under construction.  Grin

There is still alot to add to it. My girlfriend and i are working to get it completed in our spare time. Hopefully when it is all done it will represent the station fittingly. But as for right now, it is up and running (half way completed, yet still cool to check out). So if you have a myspace make sure and add us as your friends (and leave a comment for all to see why you love ERR). And even if you don't have one, still go and check it out. I am learning more about this Myspace thing everyday. My girlfriend Jen is doing most of the work, i'm just suggesting bands and songs, stuff like that. So head over and see it. We have some cool ideas to make the page more "epic", hopefully we can get a couple of them on the page soon.

Any ideas and suggestions are welcomed. This myspace page belongs to all of us, so your ideas and input would be cool.  Cool Hopefully this myspace thing will bring in a few more listeners....(i know that is where i discover alot of music)....and even maybe a few more faces to the boards here at ERR. The more music lovers the better.  Wink

Here's the Adress: http://www.myspace.com/epicrockradio

"If There Is Life After Death, There Is No Death
  And If Death Does Not Exist, We Do Not Live"
Kailef
The Boss
Post Rank 5

Symphonic Powermetal Rules!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2007, 07:30:13 am »

It looks great so far.

Guildmaster

Creator

Warlord

Guildmaster

ONBE

Music Composer

SysOp
PIF Silvergate

Epic Rock Radio

House Jurai

The Poets' Circle

Recipient

Shroud of the Avatar

Sanctum II BBS

poison girl
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2007, 01:12:59 pm »

Auuuuuuuuu I'm going to send request Cheesy Grin
Creed
Post Rank 4

CreedP
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2007, 01:34:06 pm »

Nice, though personally I'd leave off the videos - the graphics alone will bog down slower computers like mine.  Wink

CREED
adds ERR as friend

Perception of reality is a matter of opinion.
amir
ERR Staff
Post Rank 5

amirsaffari
View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2007, 02:24:15 pm »

Thanks a lot Fabio, it's great. I ain't have a myspace account Sad. Anyway, I checked it and it looked a bit strange, see the image bellow, it had big fonts, and things were a bit displaced. It could be because of Linux but I don't have any problem with other myspace pages. Making the page load faster is also a nice idea.
i_am_fabio
ERR Staff
Post Rank 5

Never Forgotten Heroes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2007, 03:51:09 pm »

It looks great so far.

Cool

Auuuuuuuuu I'm going to send request Cheesy Grin

Request Accepted.  Wink

Nice, though personally I'd leave off the videos - the graphics alone will bog down slower computers like mine.  Wink

CREED
adds ERR as friend

I'll try and eliminate  a couple of the videos if that will help.  Cheesy I don't know much about this stuff....i just saw the videos and the bands made it easy to add them. I was trying to bulk up the empty looking page really.

Added.   Wink Leave a comment!  Grin

Thanks a lot Fabio, it's great. I ain't have a myspace account Sad. Anyway, I checked it and it looked a bit strange, see the image bellow, it had big fonts, and things were a bit displaced. It could be because of Linux but I don't have any problem with other myspace pages. Making the page load faster is also a nice idea.

Alright, i made the font smaller and it looks a bit more uniform throughout the page. Also i am assuming you are noticing especially the Album of the Week title is a bit off.... Sad I temporarily fixed it.  Grin I don't know, it just wants to push everything together. Jen will probably know how to fix this. I'll have her take a look. Again i'm clueless...this is  good learning experience for me.

How would i make the page load faster?? And thanks for the constructive criticism Amir. Appreciated. Wink

poison girl
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2007, 01:41:34 am »

well,I put ERR in Top 12  Kiss

but enlighten me - female, 22 years old... Roll Eyes
Kailef
The Boss
Post Rank 5

Symphonic Powermetal Rules!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2007, 01:48:26 am »

Hee hee, that's because Fabio's girlfriend is doing the page for us.  :-)  It's her account.

Guildmaster

Creator

Warlord

Guildmaster

ONBE

Music Composer

SysOp
PIF Silvergate

Epic Rock Radio

House Jurai

The Poets' Circle

Recipient

Shroud of the Avatar

Sanctum II BBS

amir
ERR Staff
Post Rank 5

amirsaffari
View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2007, 03:48:09 am »

Hey Fabio, the fonts look nice now, the other point which might improve the page is its width, as you can see on my screen (1024x768 resolution) the page seems to be shifted a bit to the right side with a large gap in left and middle. I'm not familiar with myspace, otherwise I would help it out myself. Anyways, cheers Cheesy
i_am_fabio
ERR Staff
Post Rank 5

Never Forgotten Heroes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2007, 03:53:03 pm »

Huh Mine doesn't look like that. Mine is all the way to the left side. Weird.  Undecided 

I have a question for anyone out there reading this.....how do you create a banner link? A couple bands that i have talked with said they would be willing to add our banner to their pages. And our listener friends could add it to their pages as well. The more links out there the more listeners we can get. But i need to figure out how to make the banner direct someone to the ERR homepage. Can anyone help?  Cheesy

amir
ERR Staff
Post Rank 5

amirsaffari
View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2007, 05:24:39 pm »

Mine doesn't look like that. Mine is all the way to the left side. Weird.
It could be because of my computer Wink, if it appears OK for others.

I have a question for anyone out there reading this.....how do you create a banner link?
I'm not familiar with myspace, but from what I know of web designing things, a banner is just an image (like the ERR image at the top of its main page). The only thing you need is to ask them to link it to the location you want (e.g. our website).

You can also find out by looking at how other banners are created, I just checked a few of them and they were from http://www.msplinks.com , so it might be that myspace has its own banner designing strategy.
trekman
Post Rank 4

CRANK IT UP!!

no1trekman2002 no1trekman2002
View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2007, 10:10:17 am »

I think its a great idea for ERR to be on MySpace. Im sure or I hope that it will bring MANY more listeners here! Grin Im now officially a "Friend" Wink And ERR is in my Top 8 already and Im sure will move up!

And I just have to say Fabio is a lucky man!! Im sure he knows what I mean. Wink

If I might make a suggestion. If its possible put a player on the page that places the same music that is playing now, here at ERR. Just like the one here (scroll down a little on the right side)      

http://www.myspace.com/theloudestrob 

i_am_fabio
ERR Staff
Post Rank 5

Never Forgotten Heroes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2007, 12:46:08 pm »

I think that a player that plays the station content would negate the whole tuning into the station part. I mean if you are on myspace and you can just listen on a page, then why bother to tune in to the station the way you and i would. Tht is why i think that a short but killer playlist will leave a newcomer wanting more....and thus, make them want to tune in. And yes i am lucky, it's kind like having a VIP membership to a concert. You get a little more access then the rest of the crowd.  Cheesy  Hopefully i can wrangle us in some new listeners. After we get the banner/link working i think we will find our listener base growing.  Cool

trekman
Post Rank 4

CRANK IT UP!!

no1trekman2002 no1trekman2002
View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2007, 04:15:43 am »

Your right, I didnt think about it that way. But a player that played a few songs would get people here faster than someone listening thru MySpace. Wink

i_am_fabio
ERR Staff
Post Rank 5

Never Forgotten Heroes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2008, 02:42:54 am »

What is everyone's take on ERR accepting friends (who are bands) on Myspace. Do you think i should strictly accept bands that would fit on the station as friends (or even almost fit on the station....you know extremely borderline)? Or should i accept most all as friends? Today i received a request from a band that sounded like they could be played on the FM rock radio station. It wasn't the worst thing i have ever heard, but i knew they have a very slim  chance of being played on ERR. I accepted them without thinking much about it. But then i thought maybe we shouldn't have friends (on myspace of course) who couldn't belong in the playlist. What do you think?

On one hand it is cool to enjoy many different styles of music, and it may be important to make alot of friends regardless of if they play the music we love here at ERR. But on the other hand....this is a station for Epic Metal/Rock. So maybe we should stick to that.  Huh

Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to: