gfxgfxEpic Rock Radiogfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 28, 2020, 07:57:22 pm

Login with username, password and session length
It costs over $600 a month to keep Epic Rock Radio on the air.  Please head to our Patron page and make a donation to help keep us on the air!  The site is http://patreon.com/kailef and we really appreciate your help!
gfx
gfx
gfxgfx
gfxgfx gfxgfx
Search:     Advanced search
gfxgfx Home Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Goodbye Stratovarius  (Read 4390 times)
trekman
Post Rank 4

CRANK IT UP!!

no1trekman2002 no1trekman2002
View Profile WWW
« on: April 03, 2008, 12:15:39 am »

This is from www.melodicrock.com
STRATOVARIUS GONE, BUT NEW BAND FOR TIMO TOLKKI:
After a long and careful consideration, Timo Tolkki has decided to end Stratovarius. There are several reasons behind this decision that can be read on a official statement posted on Timo Tolkki's Official Website: www.timotolkki.com
Timo has formed a new band called Revolution Renaissance, and in the silence he has been devoting all his time and efforts preparing the first release of his new band. The debut album is entitled New Era and will be released on June 6 on Frontiers Records. The album is a masterpiece of melodic Power Metal, taking the listener straight back to the Visions-era Stratovarius. In fact, ”New Era” is the album that was meant to be the next Stratovarius album.
Instead, Timo called a few friends for the recording sessions and the album features all the lead vocals from such legends as Michael Kiske and Tobias Sammet, along with Timo's blistering lead guitar lines and melodic Power Metal anthems that made him one of the pioneers of the style and trademark performers of the style. Revolution Renaissance witnesses a rebirth, a new era for Timo Tolkki and his music.
Tolkki is looking for a permanent line-up for the band, so if you are interested, check out the details on www.timotolkki.com for details on how to apply.

Joe the Tech
ERR Champion
Post Rank 3

Performing digital miracles.

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2008, 10:35:49 am »

Well, it may be an end to Stratovarius, but at least Timo will keep us rocking.
~V~
Lead Administrator
Post Rank 5

Epic-Rock-Radio-V@live.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2008, 11:57:51 pm »

Sad news indeed.

EPIC ROCK RADIO, where metal, is the way it should be!
https://www.facebook.com/EpicRockRadioVee
i_am_fabio
ERR Staff
Post Rank 5

Never Forgotten Heroes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2008, 02:18:08 am »

Good News if you ask me. Have you all listened to their latest album? It's Crap! And i'd hate to see them continue on making bad music. We will always have the great music that they created.....if you ask me this is good for all and was just one album too late. I hope that all artists formerly forming Stratovarius go on to make music that they love and actually enjoy making. Anyways, i'm gonna request a Strato song after reading the news.  Cool

"If There Is Life After Death, There Is No Death
  And If Death Does Not Exist, We Do Not Live"
Sun_dance
Post Rank 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2008, 05:22:20 am »

Hey guys,

Nop! Stratovarius ain't done yet! The band will keep on without tolkki. Know more at www.stratovarius.com

The Revolution Renaissance album was suposed to be Stratovarius next record. I'm twice glad : Stratovarius is alive and Kiske and Sammet are singing Tolkkis tunes. Power Metal Heaven uh???

Keep rockin'
Frederick Thunder
Post Rank 1

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2008, 04:36:29 am »

I have to say I didnt enjoy Revolution Renaissance that much, we'll see how the rest of the stratoguys do with the new album...

poison girl
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2008, 11:42:33 am »

'' Revolution....'' is one of the worst metal albums ever. Absolutelly how-d’ye-do... Embarrassed
Oseriduun
ERR Staff
Post Rank 4

Canadian Code Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2008, 07:07:06 pm »

i was sad when i first heard about the strato break up, and until today i took it all at face value..

today i spent some time and read through a couple of press releases / statements between strato and tolkki.. and all i have to say is that i support tolkki's decision, although it would've been better for him to retain rights to strato and prevent the other members from using the name.  Strato will never again be as we all remember it, nor will any future band of tolkki's be what strato has been.  What happened behind the scenes is things that should never happen between friends, and my deepest sympathies go out to what stratovarious used to mean.  I believe that Strato, as we all have come to know and love, is indeed no more.. what will follow may maintain a few members from strato, but it is, essentially, dead.  but only time will tell for sure.

Now, while Tolkki's new band may not be as great as strato has been, i give the guy kudo's for doing what he's done and doing what he felt is right for him.. for that, he has my respect.  If things that happened to him, happened to me, i'd likely have done the same as he. It's one of those "fine, that's how you want it, here you go, take it, and be-gone.. never speak to me again".  You can see the hurt tolkki experienced while reading his last statement regarding strat.  If you havn't read it, i'd suggest it, its a good read, and perhaps after that, you may even come to the same conclusion i have tonight.

So with that, i have only one closing statement..

Farewell Stratovarious.

CCM: Canadian Code Monkey.
Its not just a bike manufacturer anymore Tongue
Siegfried VII
Post Rank 1

"No Limits, eternal freedom...."

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2008, 09:11:35 am »

Stratovarious are far from dead. The other guys (except Tolki) hired a new guitarist and will go on.

They plan I think to release a new album in 2009 ...

p.s. I'm new to the forum so hail to all Smiley...

.....In the Promised Land....
       ......I think I can find her there....
Kailef
The Boss
Post Rank 5

Symphonic Powermetal Rules!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2008, 07:48:20 pm »

Welcome, glad to see you!  ...We'll see how Strato manages to do without Tolki.

Guildmaster

Creator

Warlord

Guildmaster

ONBE

Music Composer

SysOp
PIF Silvergate

Epic Rock Radio

House Jurai

The Poets' Circle

Recipient