gfxgfxEpic Rock Radiogfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 27, 2020, 05:17:25 pm

Login with username, password and session length
It costs over $600 a month to keep Epic Rock Radio on the air.  Please head to our Patron page and make a donation to help keep us on the air!  The site is http://patreon.com/kailef and we really appreciate your help!
gfx
gfx
gfxgfx
gfxgfx gfxgfx
Search:     Advanced search
gfxgfx Home Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11
Print
Author Topic: The Official "Introduce Yourself" Thread  (Read 59598 times)
Warsheep
ERR Champion
Post Rank 3

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: June 24, 2016, 12:49:57 am »

Discovering new bands here will make you a poor man!  Cheesy ....oh...and welcome! Wink

wool & cookies ...and cookies!
LadyWoreBlack
ERR Champion
Post Rank 4

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 25, 2016, 04:50:45 pm »

Nice to meet you, Hawkwind!! Welcome to the madness......  Grin

"Chase the light I see ahead, luminate the path I tread, I live to be the best I can" Queensryche - Best I Can
Muninn
Post Rank 1

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 27, 2016, 05:03:20 am »

Greetings & Welcome Hawk Cool
Svarthamar
Post Rank 1

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 04, 2016, 05:28:09 am »

Aight, let's do this!!!

My real name is Benóný, mostly called Benni and always go by Svarthamar online. I'm 27 and hailing from the frozen north of Iceland (which is sunny and warm at the moment).

I came across ERR the other day when I needed something to listen to at work and googled "Heavy metal radio station" and came across a list with your name.

I'm currently working as a programmer  but I studied physics and comp.sci at Uni.

I've been listening to metal/rock in various forms since I was about 12, when a friend of mine introduced me to Iron Maiden. After that i got heavily into many different genres of rock and metal, and i've listened to a lot of bands like Iron Maiden, Kiss, Alice Cooper, Sonata Arctica, Rammstein, Dragonforce, Nightwish and Skálmöld (Icelandic, check it out!) since then, to name a few.

Anyway, glad to be here, and thanks for the awesome music!
Kailef
The Boss
Post Rank 5

Symphonic Powermetal Rules!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: July 04, 2016, 06:54:56 am »

Benni / Svarthamar,

Great to have you here.  If those are the sorts of bands that you like, you've definitely come to the right place.  And, Iceland, eh?  I don't think I've ever met anyone from Iceland.  That's cool.  No pun intended.   Grin  Also, I'll hve to check out Skálmöld.

Guildmaster

Creator

Warlord

Guildmaster

ONBE

Music Composer

SysOp
PIF Silvergate

Epic Rock Radio

House Jurai

The Poets' Circle

Recipient

Shroud of the Avatar

Sanctum II BBS

Svarthamar
Post Rank 1

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 04, 2016, 07:04:06 am »

Thanks Kailef, I put a link to one of their songs in the Requests/Suggestion forum post Wink
~V~
Lead Administrator
Post Rank 5

Epic-Rock-Radio-V@live.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #111 on: July 05, 2016, 09:18:49 am »

Wow, Iceland!  That's awesome, Svarthamar!  Nice to have you join us.  Grin

Aight, let's do this!!!

My real name is Benóný, mostly called Benni and always go by Svarthamar online. I'm 27 and hailing from the frozen north of Iceland (which is sunny and warm at the moment).

I came across ERR the other day when I needed something to listen to at work and googled "Heavy metal radio station" and came across a list with your name.

I'm currently working as a programmer  but I studied physics and comp.sci at Uni.

I've been listening to metal/rock in various forms since I was about 12, when a friend of mine introduced me to Iron Maiden. After that i got heavily into many different genres of rock and metal, and i've listened to a lot of bands like Iron Maiden, Kiss, Alice Cooper, Sonata Arctica, Rammstein, Dragonforce, Nightwish and Skálmöld (Icelandic, check it out!) since then, to name a few.

EPIC ROCK RADIO, where metal, is the way it should be!
https://www.facebook.com/EpicRockRadioVee
Hawkwood
Post Rank 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #112 on: July 05, 2016, 10:52:43 am »

Welcome aboard!  Cheesy

Aight, let's do this!!!

LadyWoreBlack
ERR Champion
Post Rank 4

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 10, 2016, 02:37:25 pm »

Aight, let's do this!!!

Hey, nice to meet you, Benni! Hope you continue to hang out in our little shoutbox.  Grin

"Chase the light I see ahead, luminate the path I tread, I live to be the best I can" Queensryche - Best I Can
RedSeraph

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 08, 2016, 12:58:09 am »

Hello ERR!

My name is Henrik, I’m in my early 20s and live in Finland. I’ve been active in the chat for a while now and finally decided to join the forums as well. I actually found ERR a while back (maybe in 2011) and have been listening sporadically since then, but this summer I’ve had the opportunity to tune in extensively while working. My summer job will soon come to an end and I’ll go back to studying at the university, but I’ll definitely still tune in from time to time.

I got into metal in 2008 via Iron Maiden and Metallica (original, I know) and have since then grown especially fond of power and symphonic metal. I absolutely adore Blind Guardian and find them to be miles ahead of the competition. Other favourites of mine include Sonata Arctica, Kamelot, Dream Theater, Nightwish, Rammstein, Sabaton, Epica, Therion and Within Temptation.

Good to be here!
Kailef
The Boss
Post Rank 5

Symphonic Powermetal Rules!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: August 08, 2016, 10:50:17 am »

Great to see you on the forums!  To comment on your favorite band:  The thing I love about Blind Guardian is their vocal harmonies - They kind of remind me of Queen.

Hope to see you around the forums more often!  They're kind of slower than they used to be these days, as post people stick to the chat on the main page.

Guildmaster

Creator

Warlord

Guildmaster

ONBE

Music Composer

SysOp
PIF Silvergate

Epic Rock Radio

House Jurai

The Poets' Circle

Recipient

Shroud of the Avatar

Sanctum II BBS

Konogan
Post Rank 1

Powercorn!

View Profile Email
« Reply #116 on: September 27, 2016, 01:03:50 pm »

Hello hello,

Just found this little metallic piece of Eden right here!  Wink

I've been hanging on the shout unicorn box all day,  I'll probably stick around so I thought I'd say hi.

So, hi!  Tongue
~V~
Lead Administrator
Post Rank 5

Epic-Rock-Radio-V@live.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #117 on: September 27, 2016, 04:39:28 pm »

Welcome to ERR, Konogan!

How did you find us?

EPIC ROCK RADIO, where metal, is the way it should be!
https://www.facebook.com/EpicRockRadioVee
thor.stormlord
Post Rank 1

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 28, 2016, 02:25:55 am »

Greetings Fellow Metallers.
Im Nikos from Greece , ERR is my Work And Soon To Be Workout Companion.
I also am the aspiring GYM Wednesday Creator.ahaha
Nice to meet you all.
Konogan
Post Rank 1

Powercorn!

View Profile Email
« Reply #119 on: September 28, 2016, 05:46:08 am »

Welcome to ERR, Konogan!

How did you find us?

Some friendly leprechauns led me here.  Cheesy

In all seriousness though I found a link on the power metal subreddit.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11
Print
Jump to: