gfxgfxEpic Rock Radiogfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 05, 2020, 11:47:27 pm

Login with username, password and session length
It costs over $600 a month to keep Epic Rock Radio on the air.  Please head to our Patron page and make a donation to help keep us on the air!  The site is http://patreon.com/kailef and we really appreciate your help!
gfx
gfx
gfxgfx
gfxgfx gfxgfx
Search:     Advanced search
gfxgfx Home Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Err.....newsletter?  (Read 4737 times)
Absinthe
ERR Champion
Post Rank 2

Kaos_Deth@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« on: December 01, 2009, 06:14:44 pm »

this is one of those "let's dream it up" topics and not one of those "In progress" topics. Sorry to disappoint anyone.

I noticed that several people have made Metal websites that are congruent with Err tastes. Very cool idea. I also have noticed that several people take the time and energy to preview albums and metal news and post them on the Err forums, so they are easier to view....

Well wouldnt it be convient to take all that info and add fun stuff and make a newsletter?Huh!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

With cool buttons that lead to web pages.... and lots of pictures.... and the opinions of the err listeners..... and ninjas.....

So im just curious about everyones ideas, and thoughts and blah blah blah post something.

"...I can't wait for the afterlife to take me by the neck, and into the forsaken places i have never been..."
LadyWoreBlack
ERR Champion
Post Rank 4

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2009, 06:43:17 pm »

Sounds like a cool idea to me......especially if ninjas are involved!  Grin

"Chase the light I see ahead, luminate the path I tread, I live to be the best I can" Queensryche - Best I Can
Kwesster
Post Rank 1

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2009, 06:47:46 pm »

I like this idea, i've been thinking about the same thing the last few days actually... The reason for not mention it yet(well i have with no respons on the shotbox), is  that something like that takes a LOT of work to implement into the main site.

I'm not very up to date on these forums, but isn't there something similar on these forums already?

I like the idea, but as i said, it might be too big of a task(well for me at least). I've the last few days been going through the albums in the ERR song library to see if i can spot some more cover songs, and wow there is a lot of information out there to read through tio get the inf you're looking for...

Regards
Kwesster

I do to you what you do to me and more ...
Absinthe
ERR Champion
Post Rank 2

Kaos_Deth@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2009, 07:01:20 pm »

someone (were not mentioning names but their initial begins with V) suggested that i explain my thoughts and ideas concerning the idea myself. NO ONE BETTER STEAL MY IDEA.

1) Why?
           -because ezines are cool
           -because while the forums are awesome, they are unorganized. this makes it hard to find stuff. especially new stuff. and for new users/people who don't visit the forums, its alot of stuff to read just to become "updated".
           -because it would look cool.
           -because all the music info u wanted would be delivered to ur mailbox. Articles on new albums, bands, cool facts, ninjas, err, and anything else that would be cool to write would b there.
           -because it would have ninjas.
           -because we could do an album of the month or artist of the month real easy.
           -because we could optimistiacally expand our listening base.

2) content.

"...I can't wait for the afterlife to take me by the neck, and into the forsaken places i have never been..."
Absinthe
ERR Champion
Post Rank 2

Kaos_Deth@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2009, 07:11:48 pm »

2) content.
             - cool stuff
             -ninjas
             -artist/album of the month
             -new artists/tours/albums
             -band updates
             -Err udates (new albums uploaded... that kind of stuff)
             -pics
3)editors
             -my plan would b something like this.....
                 1-3 Head editors. these guys would b in charge of content. and editing/confirming body editor stories.
                 body editors - these would b regular ol' err listeners, who want to post a topic or something. they would email their story to head editor.
                 visual editor. this (optimistically) would b me. in charge of organizing and making the email pretty.
4) resume.
             -because if i can pull it off it would look good on my resume

~V~
Lead Administrator
Post Rank 5

Epic-Rock-Radio-V@live.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2009, 07:20:56 pm »

Sound like a great idea but I have a couple questions...

Doesn't the Forums provide "Band, Songs, Misc." information?

Doesn't the "Search" field or "View the most recent posts on the forum" work as far as finding the most current?

If we all receive a newsletter in our email in-box, would we visit the forums even less often?

Your thinking on the Newsletter... does it provide more than we get here?

« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 08:09:12 pm by ~V~ » Logged

EPIC ROCK RADIO, where metal, is the way it should be!
https://www.facebook.com/EpicRockRadioVee
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: