gfxgfxEpic Rock Radiogfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 25, 2020, 02:31:26 am

Login with username, password and session length
It costs over $600 a month to keep Epic Rock Radio on the air.  Please head to our Patron page and make a donation to help keep us on the air!  The site is http://patreon.com/kailef and we really appreciate your help!
gfx
gfx
gfxgfx
gfxgfx gfxgfx
Search:     Advanced search
gfxgfx Home Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Redemption - Snowfall on Judgement Day (Coming Soon!)  (Read 7187 times)
i_am_fabio
ERR Staff
Post Rank 5

Never Forgotten Heroes

View Profile WWW
« on: April 06, 2009, 02:06:38 pm »

-Taken from the bands Myspace Blog section-

New Redemption music soon!

Hello folks. Been a while since an update...hopefully for those interested the DVD has been a good means of tiding you over, but we will have new music out in the next few months and I can share some details at this time.

Redemption's fourth CD, Snowfall on Judgment Day, is expected to be released this summer worldwide through Inside Out. The album is currently being mixed and mastered by our good and talented friend Tommy Newton, who produced our last two CDs and whose work also includes Conception, Helloween, UFO and others, at Area 51 Studios in Celle, Germany. Artwork will once again be by our creative visual partner Travis Smith.

Musically, we have continued to grow and expand on the basic Redemption formula. We have continued to push the envelope of heaviness combined with strong melody and emotional urgency in the music and I think the collection of songs is very strong, with some very in-your-face tunes that are among the heaviest in prog metal to some quieter, more elaborate moments, with technical thrown in where it belongs.

The tentative track listing is:

Peel
Walls
Leviathan Rising
Black and White World
Unformed
Keep Breathing
Another Day Dies
What Will You Say
Fistful of Sand
Love Kills Us All / Life in One Day

I am particular excited to report that Another Day Dies is a duet between Ray Alder and a very special guest vocalist, James LaBrie of Dream Theater!

Once a firm release date is set, I'll provide another update. We're really looking forward to getting new music in your hands.

Thanks again for your interest and support!

Nick van Dyk
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 04:47:43 am by i_am_fabio » Logged

"If There Is Life After Death, There Is No Death
  And If Death Does Not Exist, We Do Not Live"
i_am_fabio
ERR Staff
Post Rank 5

Never Forgotten Heroes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2009, 02:09:30 pm »

I think this is the album i am most looking forward to in 2009.  Smiley

lucas_broom
Post Rank 3

Just call me Luca

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2009, 04:21:52 pm »

oh ya man i read about this one and Im really looking forward to it as well. gonna be tough to top their last two efforts. lets see if they can!

My band will be named Pagans Gallery
i_am_fabio
ERR Staff
Post Rank 5

Never Forgotten Heroes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2009, 02:14:32 pm »

New REDEMPTION album teaser and new website

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The new REDEMPTION album, "Snowfall On Judgment Day", will be released through Inside Out/SPV on September 28th in Europe and September 29th in USA/Canada.

They've created a new homepage that matches the artwork of the album:

www.redemptionweb.com

And, here's a link to a new promotional video, featuring clips of all songs from the upcoming album:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLhbUWeGlZc

Track Listings (with song lengths):

1. Peel (6:28)
2. Walls (6:54)
3. Leviathan Rising (6:38)
4. Black and White World (8:00)
5. Unformed (6:27)
6. Keep Breathing (7:34)
7. Another Day Dies (5:12) - featuring James LaBrie of Dream Theater
8. What Will You Say (5:17)
9. Fistful of Sand (6:32)
10. Love Kills Us All / Life in One Day (11:00)

i_am_fabio
ERR Staff
Post Rank 5

Never Forgotten Heroes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2009, 01:23:04 am »

After listening to the clips at the above youtube link, i'm gonna say this is easily the disc that i look forward to the most this year. Cannot wait to get my hands on it!  Smiley

i_am_fabio
ERR Staff
Post Rank 5

Never Forgotten Heroes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2009, 01:31:55 pm »

REDEMPTION To Release Snowfall On Judgment Day On Oct. 6th

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

REDEMPTION To Release Snowfall On Judgment Day On Oct. 6th Throughout North America - New Track Posted Online

REDEMPTION is one of the leading progressive metal bands in the world today, a fact which is further solidified with the release of their much anticipated fourth full-length release, Snowfall On Judgment Day, which is now set for an Oct. 6th North American release via Inside Out Music. REDEMPTION’s combination of heaviness, irresistible melodies and emotional urgency has created a unique and resonant voice for this band that sets them apart from the many clones in the genre, and which has gained them the attention of fans, critics and musicians worldwide.

Formed in Los Angeles, California in 2000 by guitarist/keyboardist/songwriter Nicolas van Dyk, the band features legendary progressive metal vocalist Ray Alder of Fates Warning, as well as guitarist Bernie Versailles (Agent Steel), the phenomenal rhythm section of Chris Quirarte (drums) and Sean Andrews (bass) and the keyboard talents of Greg Hosharian. Head over now to www.myspace.com/thebandredemption or http://www.redemptionweb.com/ to check out the epic new track, "Black and White World."

Nicolas van Dyk further comments: "We're very excited for the release of our fourth CD. We've continued to push the envelope of our unique combination of aggression and melody and the result is our heaviest and also our most melodic CD to date. There's a healthy variety in the songwriting, ranging from very heavy tracks to more ‘proggy’ songs, all of which share the melodic focus and emotional urgency that make our signature sound. We've had the opportunity to play a lot more together prior to the recording of Snowfall and I think the band is both organic sounding and tighter than ever. It's a record we're really proud of and we're glad to get it in the hands of our fans."

In the summer of 2007, the band was selected by the definitive Progressive Metal band, Dream Theater, as direct support for the entirety of Dream Theater's U.S. tour. After performing 26 shows for tens of thousands of fans, REDEMPTION capped off this tour with a performance at the 8th annual ProgPower festival in Atlanta. This monumental performance is now available for all to see in the Frozen in the Moment - Live in Atlanta DVD release (2009, Inside Out Music). Recorded at the ProgPower USA festival in 2007 the DVD includes a 12 minute video and photo tour diary set to our unreleased instrumental from the Dream Theater songwriting contest that the band wrote back in 2003, as well as other clips and outtakes.

Throughout spring 2009 the band finalized Snowfall On Judgment Day, which was mixed by well-known producer Tommy Hansen (Helloween, Jorn Lande, Circus Maximus). The album features a more mature songwriting than ever before and shows the band taking several steps beyond the quality of their previous output, and standing out from the rest of the crowd in the progressive metal scene with their unique brand of heavy, melodic and emotionally powerful music. The legendary James Labrie (Dream Theater) also performs a duet guest vocal spot on the song "Another Day Dies."

REDEMPTION has clearly delivered their best album to date – an album that will stand as a watermark for progressive metal for years to come.

........Awesome.

i_am_fabio
ERR Staff
Post Rank 5

Never Forgotten Heroes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2009, 02:24:29 pm »

Album Of The Year.

steveart

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2009, 06:26:01 am »

Yes, album of the year for me too Smiley
i_am_fabio
ERR Staff
Post Rank 5

Never Forgotten Heroes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2009, 04:21:30 pm »

Yes, album of the year for me too Smiley

As they say, "Great minds....."

Heavymt
Monthly ERR Supporter
Post Rank 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2010, 01:49:32 pm »

That album is out now and should be added to the registry. It's fabulous.
~V~
Lead Administrator
Post Rank 5

Epic-Rock-Radio-V@live.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2010, 02:29:57 pm »

That album is out now and should be added to the registry. It's fabulous.

I've got that album, but haven't loaded it yet.   I'll get on it very soon!  Smiley

EPIC ROCK RADIO, where metal, is the way it should be!
https://www.facebook.com/EpicRockRadioVee
Heavymt
Monthly ERR Supporter
Post Rank 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2010, 09:23:18 am »

This album is a masterpiece.
i_am_fabio
ERR Staff
Post Rank 5

Never Forgotten Heroes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2010, 10:09:37 am »

This album is a masterpiece.

Agreed. Very strong album. Hope more people can discover it now that it is among the library on ERR.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: