gfxgfxEpic Rock Radiogfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 22, 2019, 03:48:45 pm

Login with username, password and session length
It costs over $600 a month to keep Epic Rock Radio on the air.  Please head to our Patron page and make a donation to help keep us on the air!  The site is http://patreon.com/kailef and we really appreciate your help!
gfx
gfx
gfxgfx
gfxgfx gfxgfx
Search:     Advanced search
gfxgfx Home Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Top 10 list of songs  (Read 2861 times)
Hammerfall
ERR Champion
Post Rank 1

bjorn-larsen@hotmail.com
View Profile
« on: June 26, 2010, 05:24:05 am »

This is my top 10 of songs I never get tired of. I can listen to them anytime and will probably listen to them for the rest of my life. I´ve given each song some comments on why they are here.

1. PinkFloyd--"Time".
Best guitarsolo ever. There´s some magic over David Gilmours guitar and the lyrics is so GREAT.

2. Deep Purple -- " Highway star ".
From the album  " Made in Japan ". Best live recording ever. John Lords solo on the keyboards and Ritchie´s guitarsolo is great. The´s a lot of energy in this song.

3. Judas Priest -- " Heavy duty ".
This song is REAL Heavy metal for me. The word " heavy" is the red threat in this song. VERY slow and deep rythem. It always makes me HEADBANG!!! Wink

4. PinkFloyd -- " On the turning away ".
Super great lyrics. Makes you think about the world and how it´s put together. Great guitarsolo from David too!

5. Led Zeppelin -- " Stairway to heaven "
It´s just a wonderful song with great lyrics and the changing rythems during the song. Jimmy Page at his peak!!

6. Jeff Healey -- " While my guitar gently wheeps ".
The best cover of a song I´ve ever heard. I have so much respect for this guy R.I.P Jeff. The song contains all aspects of a composition.

7. PinkFloyd -- " Sorrow ".
When I´m in a bad mood I listen to this song. It sort of highlights my inner feelings and makes me feel not alone in this world.

8. Ugly Kid Joe -- " Cats in the cradle "
Originaly written by Harry Chapin and his wife. It makes me reflect over how I brought up my daughter and if I did it good enough. I had some deep problems with alcohol during that period.

9. Rainbow -- " Mistreated ".
From the album " On stage ". Dio sings this song so GREAT. He express my emotions so perfectly. Don´t get me wrong here...I never felt mistreated. But the mood in the song hits me hard.

10. Sweet -- " Turn it down "
This was the first band who played rock I learned about. I still think this song is 1 of the first Heavy metal songs. I can understand why I listen to HM now. I think rock and heavy metal is the music for the working part of the people. No afence to anyone.

Note that HM is not that much represented on my list....I think these songs made me what I am musicly speaking. I could probably have put 10 more songs on, cause music has always been a big part of my life. Well..that gives more stuff to write here l8r on :-)

In the end here I will ask a question.....If a man, who can´t count, finds a 4 leaf clover, is he lucky??

" To admit a mistake is a way of telling other people you´ve become wiser "
LadyWoreBlack
ERR Champion
Post Rank 4

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2010, 12:59:13 pm »

Hammer, I salute your list, especially PINK FLOYD!!! (Bowing down)  Grin I don't know if I can pick just ten songs........will have to mull this over and post more later after very careful consideration.  Wink

"Chase the light I see ahead, luminate the path I tread, I live to be the best I can" Queensryche - Best I Can
Hammerfall
ERR Champion
Post Rank 1

bjorn-larsen@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2010, 04:19:19 pm »

I must say...It took me quite a while to get the 10 song down. Had to write about 30 songs b4 I named these 10. But the next 10 would equally as good..well almost!

" To admit a mistake is a way of telling other people you´ve become wiser "
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: