gfxgfxEpic Rock Radiogfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 24, 2020, 11:12:00 pm

Login with username, password and session length
It costs over $600 a month to keep Epic Rock Radio on the air.  Please head to our Patron page and make a donation to help keep us on the air!  The site is http://patreon.com/kailef and we really appreciate your help!
gfx
gfx
gfxgfx
gfxgfx gfxgfx
Search:     Advanced search
gfxgfx Home Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: I am bummed  (Read 6428 times)
DeAtH_LeSS
Post Rank 3

The bringer of Life and War

SpKx_037
View Profile Email
« on: September 20, 2004, 12:07:18 pm »

I feel pretty bad today. One of my good old friends died the other day and I just found out today. It's rough, I passed him one time on the newspaper and didn't recognize him but I remember his death was tragic. He was trying to get in his apartment via roof because he was locked out. He tied himself around a cord and then tied the other end to something stable like a pipe.

He was going down the roof with the cord supporting him and little by little he made his way for the fire escape to reach his window... when the cord snapped and he plunged to his death.

The funeral was today and I couldn't go but when my friend and old drumming teacher told me what happened, I couldn't believe it. I used to jam with him and alot of other friends every friday in a percussion club. We hanged out and everything, and I left the club one day to pursue the guitar and my ex band. He was going for college now after graduating and had a girl friend and a new life just waiting for him... it's just sad think about it.

What a good person... Sad Cry I hope he's in a better place now. Sorry I had to talk about a depressing story, but I't made me feel better to let it out.

thanx for listening.
Creed
Post Rank 4

CreedP
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2004, 01:37:01 pm »

Sorry to hear about your friend.  Doesn't seem like a right way to leave this world.  Sleeping peacefully in bed, that's a little easier to hear about.

My condolences to you.

Makes ya think about the time we have, friends we haven't talked to in a while...  Hmm.

Everyone take care...

C

Perception of reality is a matter of opinion.
ivanCorea
Post Rank 5

We shall know no fear!

ivancorea80@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2004, 02:51:08 pm »

Always is good to talk... I'm sorry about your frined's death Sad
My sister's best friend died this week also... she's bummed too.
Darn! I never know what to say in this situations  :-/ sorry.
Just listen to "Glory To The Brave" by Hammerfall...

Fenrys Hjolda!
Darkstar
Post Rank 2

Well hello Mister Fancypants!

MustardMoose
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2004, 06:00:08 pm »

Shocked That really, really sucks.  I hope you're doing okay.  Like Ivan, I'm sort of clumsy in these type of situations, but I wanted to let you know we're here for you.

I'll pray for you and your friend.  Hope you get less bummed soon. Smiley

Life is a path, Death, a destination...
Valandryl
Post Rank 3

Have no fear, Rebellion is here!

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2004, 06:54:08 pm »

Sad I feel sorry, he seemed to be a very good person, but as Maiden said "only the good die young"  :-/
You were right to share your story with us, life isn't always rosy and a metal community is a good place to go when you're not feeling great. I just hope that you'll feel better soon Smiley

Military intelligence, two words combined that can't make sense
atlantis
Post Rank 5

livatlantis
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2004, 02:08:40 am »

This must be very difficult on you, hope you'll be alright soon.

It's just sad thinking what could have been, but as you said, I'm sure he's in a world where he'll be happy. We pray for your friend, his family and friends... things seem really unfair sometimes...

Hope you can get through okay Smiley
DeAtH_LeSS
Post Rank 3

SpKx_037
View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2004, 02:45:19 am »

Thanks alot guys I value everything that was said here. I went to another forum with this and it was nothing like here. I feel better coming to this then any other forum any day. I feel much better now as well Smiley R.I.P my friend.
Kailef
The Boss
Post Rank 5

Symphonic Powermetal Rules!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2004, 03:27:32 am »

*Kailef plays some music to help you feel better*

Guildmaster

Creator

Warlord

Guildmaster

ONBE

Music Composer

SysOp
PIF Silvergate

Epic Rock Radio

House Jurai

The Poets' Circle

Recipient

Shroud of the Avatar

Sanctum II BBS

DeAtH_LeSS
Post Rank 3

SpKx_037
View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2004, 09:57:07 am »

thanx K-man  Smiley you've got that music magic
Darkstar
Post Rank 2

Well hello Mister Fancypants!

MustardMoose
View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2004, 01:36:34 am »

That's because he's the little man in the radio.  For some reason I've found the little man in the radio is always playing the best song when you need him too.

Life is a path, Death, a destination...
ivanCorea
Post Rank 5

We shall know no fear!

ivancorea80@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2004, 04:03:17 am »

Thanx Kailef for the radio
Right now I'm feeling sad, angry... is a mix of feelings that I'd never feel before and the pain is so big  Cry Listen to the radio makes me feel better 'cause in some way the music fills the emptyness in my heart.
I get sad again only when I hear ballads like "lake of tears" from Gammaray.
Sorry for posting in here DeAtH_LeSS I just wanna say that I agree with Darkstar about what he said about the radio.

Fenrys Hjolda!
DeAtH_LeSS
Post Rank 3

SpKx_037
View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2004, 09:21:52 am »

no prob Ivan. what u say is true.
vvv
Post Rank 2

Gamma Ray Rules!!!

rsi_vadim_pazmadrid@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2004, 04:14:06 am »

Yes, these moments are difficult, and to me is difficult to understand why we live in a disorder world, bad people live good  Angry, and the others hands good people live bad  Huh. THe Death is a moment to remenber that and in some cases it comming to a good person, very stranger world and in many causes the justice not comming here, and i really and human doen't have a answer the question if we are live after death.

But we have a great moment in own life that is the reason to live, one of them is music, and music says us many about that. Only that i remember now is a song 13 of album Land of the Free of Gamma Ray: "Afterlife", i recommend this song to you friend Death_less.. this song is written to a ex-batery of Helloween member: Ingo, after his tragedy death... :-/, these song help me more in similar moments.

Long life for us...

Vadim - Tovarish
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: