gfxgfxEpic Rock Radiogfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2020, 02:12:23 am

Login with username, password and session length
It costs over $600 a month to keep Epic Rock Radio on the air.  Please head to our Patron page and make a donation to help keep us on the air!  The site is http://patreon.com/kailef and we really appreciate your help!
gfx
gfx
gfxgfx
gfxgfx gfxgfx
Search:     Advanced search
gfxgfx Home Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Streaming ERR on Android phones (fix for Sprint Evo and Epic phones)  (Read 10583 times)
Diekrupt
Post Rank 1

Defender of Faith and Freedom

View Profile
« on: February 13, 2011, 02:54:41 pm »

Greetings,

Not sure how many here have an Android smartphone (just got mine) but Live365 doesnt have an Android app yet (grrr).

There is a free app for Android called xiialive: http://market.android.com/details?id=com.android.DroidLiveLite

The problem is on Sprint EVO and Epic streaming is disabled in their latest maintenance release (suposed fixed in a new MR coming out who knows when).

So here are the steps to fix the EPIC, EVO is similar but instead of Multimedia its Advanced or something like that.

Steps to fix RTSP (for all shoutcast related programs)

Call Sprint support and ask for your MSL code. They are usually very nice and will give it to you, if not say your having problems with your paid applications not working.

1) Dial ##3282# (this doesn't dial anyone just opens a hidden data menu)
2) Choose Multimedia
3) Enter MSL Code (mine was 833546)
4) Change RTSP Proxy Address to: 0.0.0.0
5) Change RTSP Proxy Port to: 0
6) Change HTTP PD Proxy Address to: 0.0.0.0 (mine already was)
7) Change HTTP PD Proxy Port to: 0 (mine already was)

Programs like XIIALIVE and Slacker radio, shoutcast programs will stream fine now. BTW I recommend www.epicrockradio.com hehe

DK
Kailef
The Boss
Post Rank 5

Symphonic Powermetal Rules!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 05:56:17 pm »

Great find, Diekrupt.

Guildmaster

Creator

Warlord

Guildmaster

ONBE

Music Composer

SysOp
PIF Silvergate

Epic Rock Radio

House Jurai

The Poets' Circle

Recipient

Shroud of the Avatar

Sanctum II BBS

~V~
Lead Administrator
Post Rank 5

Epic-Rock-Radio-V@live.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2011, 11:09:30 pm »

Great find, Diekrupt.

No kidding! 

Thanks for taking the time to explain the "fix"... valuable info, right there!

EPIC ROCK RADIO, where metal, is the way it should be!
https://www.facebook.com/EpicRockRadioVee
Knarl
Post Rank 3

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2011, 07:58:48 am »

Another option is to download TuneIn radio (it's 99 cents on the itunes store, not sure what it costs on Android). Just search for Epic Rock Radio in TuneIn, and you've got it. Not only that, but you can pause ERR (and any live radio, for that matter), and record as well. It sucks battery life, but it's a great option for its versatility...because if you're like me you listen to ERR at work, where interruptions happen all the time...so instead of just pulling out your headphones and missing out on a song you were listening to, you can just pause and come back at your leisure. Really cool!

Also, can't you just stream from the loudcaster site? loudcaster.com/channels/483-epic-rock-radio-err
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 08:00:32 am by Knarl » Logged
Joe the Tech
ERR Champion
Post Rank 3

Performing digital miracles.

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2011, 04:08:31 pm »

Oh, you people and your Androids.  I just put the L365 stream url into my Pre's built-in media player and it starts streaming. WebOS for life, yo.
~V~
Lead Administrator
Post Rank 5

Epic-Rock-Radio-V@live.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2011, 09:52:47 pm »

Oh, you people and your Androids.  I just put the L365 stream url into my Pre's built-in media player and it starts streaming. WebOS for life, yo.

Was this from the link left in the Shoutbox by Edoporres?  He left that link and I was too busy to check it out but judging on the time he left the link in the SB and the time of your posting here, I'm wondering if it's the same?  If so, I may scroll back and grab it.

« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 11:28:24 pm by ~V~ » Logged

EPIC ROCK RADIO, where metal, is the way it should be!
https://www.facebook.com/EpicRockRadioVee
Joe the Tech
ERR Champion
Post Rank 3

Performing digital miracles.

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2011, 12:27:17 pm »

No, the link I'm talking about is the same one I run on Winamp for my desktop player, which is tied to my Live365 account and is one I won't be posting.  I didn't check the one he linked to, so I have no idea where that goes.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: