gfxgfxEpic Rock Radiogfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 17, 2019, 07:48:01 pm

Login with username, password and session length
It costs over $600 a month to keep Epic Rock Radio on the air.  Please head to our Patron page and make a donation to help keep us on the air!  The site is http://patreon.com/kailef and we really appreciate your help!
gfx
gfx
gfxgfx
gfxgfx gfxgfx
Search:     Advanced search
gfxgfx Home Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: How Did You Hear About Epic Rock Radio?  (Read 17251 times)
Hatchy
ERR Champion
Post Rank 4

chris_hatch_2004@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2011, 02:28:33 pm »

Back in 2007, after listening to bands such as Rhapsody, Kamelot, Iced Earth (only the Glorious Burden album at this point), Nightwish & Stratovarious that my friend Jon introduced me to, I decided to see what other bands there were out there with similar sounds to the bands mentioned. I got myself a Last.fm account and this introduced me to other bands. One day, I decided to scour the Internet for other sources to excellent bands (to this point, only Last.fm was my only source of musical epicness) and Google came up with two websites - a Live365 search results page & www.metal-archives.com.

I eventually started using Live365 to search for stations playing the bands mentioned above and one particular station kept popping up. I decided to tune in and I instantly fell in love with the sounds that came through my speakers in the years after.

So thank you ERR for contributing to roughly half of my overall music collection today.

Are they afraid of what we see, they draw their own conclusions
This twist of fate between you and me is far beyond illusion
Far Beyond Illusion
RedNight
Post Rank 1

ruman_rednight@yahoo.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2011, 10:48:24 pm »

it's about 1-2 weeks ago since I found my way here. well, from the very first time I realize that I was born in this world, I have a special feeling about music, I mean I can't ignore Music, Music is something that must filled my life, without good Music I just feel like a dead man walking. and on 1-2 weeks ago, when all the Music stuffs that I've known can't satisfy me again, I must find new good stuffs again ( and this is something that I really not good at ), and for freakin years using Winamp, I finally realize that this program has a section called ShoutCAST Radio, and I am jsut start on browsing the content, Well never had the idea before on listening to online radio, and The Local radios I got here on my hometown, arghhh They really can kill u in 5 minutes because of the boredom !
and yay I finally found ERR on the "Progressive Metal Radio" Section.  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin

Only God knows how happy I am now.  Grin  Grin  Grin
XyberDAWG

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2011, 04:55:56 pm »

I found out because of Kamelot's Facebook Page that thanked its Fans for making them No 1 on ERR 2 months in a row.

(Although I am very sad to hear Roy Kahn is no longer with Kamelot)
WorpeX
Post Rank 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2012, 06:19:45 am »

I found out because of Kamelot's Facebook Page that thanked its Fans for making them No 1 on ERR 2 months in a row.

(Although I am very sad to hear Roy Kahn is no longer with Kamelot)

This. Cheesy Found the site the same way! haha
harewin

View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2012, 01:26:41 am »

Once, long long ago, there was a guy, working at a desk, without music. Getting bored of hours of work, without music (Not good for a musician) he tried several radio's, among them progrockradio at Live365. At one point Live365 put out suggestions of other radio's with similar music, among them Epic Rock Radio.
Might have been start 2004, end 2003... somewhere there. Only to find out some time 2006, that this radio has a website, with Shoutbox, and possibility to request songs...

And here we are today, even when my office now does not support streaming radio, I still am hooked!

Greets,

Arbhin
Phyrelizard55
Post Rank 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2012, 05:20:03 am »

Back around Sept-Dec 2008, my brother, mother and myself were looking around for something that played music like Iced Earth, Kamelot, Serenity, and bands like them, We knew of Microsoft radio that had a Power metal station and was using Pandora(Even though we can't use Pandora here in Canada anymore).   We finally found Live365's link to ERR on Google and we logged on.
tauros81
Post Rank 3

Without music, life is no fun!

chroi@iol.pt
View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2012, 09:40:03 am »

Early 2007 i was at work, and my mp3 run out of batteries, so searched for metal stations on live365. Found ERR and stayed until now.

MY Profile.
Nozzi
Post Rank 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2012, 12:39:35 pm »

I got directed here from the Damnation Angels' FB page...and I'm so very glad I did!  Grin
~V~
Lead Administrator
Post Rank 5

Epic-Rock-Radio-V@live.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2012, 02:51:25 am »

I got directed here from the Damnation Angels' FB page...and I'm so very glad I did!  Grin

LIKE!

EPIC ROCK RADIO, where metal, is the way it should be!
https://www.facebook.com/EpicRockRadioVee
MattH

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2013, 12:23:42 pm »

Via Tunein App on Ipod Touch Grin
James Huff

View Profile Email
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2013, 04:37:44 am »

Found EER back in 2010 in Live365.  Over the last couple of days I noticed that EER didn't seem to be working right, so I did a search to find out why and it led me here!  Now I can listen to my favorite music 24/7.  I'm home....finally.

Freedom through First Principles
ivanCorea
Post Rank 5

We shall know no fear!

ivancorea80@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2013, 04:05:42 pm »

Several years ago, a friend told me "Dude, check out this site" And I mean SEVERAL years ago jaja. My oldest post in ERR Forums is dated September 01 2004.

Fenrys Hjolda!
empressmish
Post Rank 1

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2014, 04:23:05 pm »

I came across ERR through Tune In Radio about a year and a half ago.  I've been a regular listener ever since.  It is so great to find a station that plays "my kind of music". 
Judgmentflame

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2014, 06:27:35 pm »

Similar to Nozzi, I found it on Kamelot's Facebook page.  Must've been a month where they were in the top played slot for the month, so I checked out the site knowing I'd like the music played if Kamelot was up there.
aldwin7894
Post Rank 1

Visit my Youtube Channel at youtube.com/aldwin7894

imba.trashtalker
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2015, 06:23:26 pm »

Since 2008, i was listening to metal bands like RoF, DF, Angra, etc via downloaded content on net (pirated.. sshh!) while playing MOBA and FPS games (e.g. DotA, LoL, CrossFire) because its EPIC (its like going to war listening to a metal song). Then, i thought that i can discover more other symphonic / power metal bands by listening to a radio, and so while i was searching, i found ERR and started listening since 2012 up to now..
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 06:26:05 pm by aldwin7894 » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to: