gfxgfxEpic Rock Radiogfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 15, 2020, 02:34:53 am

Login with username, password and session length
It costs over $600 a month to keep Epic Rock Radio on the air.  Please head to our Patron page and make a donation to help keep us on the air!  The site is http://patreon.com/kailef and we really appreciate your help!
gfx
gfx
gfxgfx
gfxgfx gfxgfx
Search:     Advanced search
gfxgfx Home Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Live365 is REALLY pissing me off  (Read 10544 times)
Kailef
The Boss
Post Rank 5

Symphonic Powermetal Rules!

View Profile WWW
« on: November 04, 2011, 08:34:19 pm »

I'm down to the last straw, here.  I posted this message in the community support forum over at Live365 and I better get a response from them:

Before I start, I want to say that I have sent multiple support requests over the last several months on the form at http://www.live365.com/web/components/content/help/ticket.live about this issue, and I have never received a response.  I pay for a P6 account, as well as a VIP account even though I get one for free with my P6 account, just because I want to support Live365.  I love how Live365 was the first company to really stand up for the hobbyist broadcaster, and I am very loyal.  However, my loyalty only goes so far.  I really, REALLY would like some sort of official response and a resolution to this problem before I am forced to take my business elsewhere.  I hate sounding like a jerk and using the "take my business elsewhere" line, but honestly, I really need some help.  The symptoms of this issue are frustrating, but the lack of response from Live365 is what is really making me unhappy.  It makes me feel that they do not value me as a client.  Perhaps I should have been posting my issue here in the first place, but when you click the "Help" link, it tells you to contact support using that form, so that's what I've been doing.  I question whether or not that form even works, at this point.   

Anyhow, enough complaining, on to the problem:

My station, Epic Rock Radio, broadcasts live 100% of the time.  My VIP listeners intermittently hear only static with a looping message that says "please stand by while we try to reconnect".  My non-VIP listeners do not have this problem.

I've confirmed this issue with a good number of my VIP listeners.  When it does happen, it happens to all VIPs at the same time, including me.  I can log out of my VIP account and play the station with no problem, then log back in, and it will only play the static.  I've had other listeners try the same test, with the same results.  It doesn't matter if I use the Radio365 desktop player or the website player.

It may be useful to mention that the VIP listeners count on my station management page still increases and decreases when VIPs connect and disconnect, even though they only hear static.  I discovered this while working with a group of VIP listeners.  During testing, when I had a group of them log out and play the stream as unregistered listeners, and then log back in and listen as VIP, the count of VIP listeners dropped and increased accordingly.

If I reset my broadcast server on the Live365 broadcasting controls tab (thereby dropping all the listeners I have at the time) the problem will stop happening for a while, but it always comes back, generally within a few days to a week.  It never seems to go away on its own - If I don't reset the broadcast server, VIPs will keep hearing static until I do.     

Please, Live365 staff, take some time to look at this issue, and at the very least respond to this post and let me know that you are looking in to the issue.  Even if it is to say that you can't duplicate the problem, it would go a long way to letting me know you still care about me as a client.

Guildmaster

Creator

Warlord

Guildmaster

ONBE

Music Composer

SysOp
PIF Silvergate

Epic Rock Radio

House Jurai

The Poets' Circle

Recipient

Shroud of the Avatar

Sanctum II BBS

~V~
Lead Administrator
Post Rank 5

Epic-Rock-Radio-V@live.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2011, 09:15:07 am »

I'm curious to see what kind of feedback, if any, you'll get.

EPIC ROCK RADIO, where metal, is the way it should be!
https://www.facebook.com/EpicRockRadioVee
Kailef
The Boss
Post Rank 5

Symphonic Powermetal Rules!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2011, 02:57:17 pm »

Nothing so far, but I'll keep this thread updated.

Guildmaster

Creator

Warlord

Guildmaster

ONBE

Music Composer

SysOp
PIF Silvergate

Epic Rock Radio

House Jurai

The Poets' Circle

Recipient

Shroud of the Avatar

Sanctum II BBS

Snow
Post Rank 3

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2011, 04:18:44 pm »

Kailef, have you thought about contacting Live365 by telephone?

http://www.live365.com/info/terms.html

Look for How you can reach Live365.com. Beneath that is a phone number. Also, under Complaints?, you can contact the The Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the Department of Consumer Affairs.

" I despise a world which does not feel that music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy. ~ Ludwig van Beethoven
Joe the Tech
ERR Champion
Post Rank 3

Performing digital miracles.

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2011, 12:35:53 pm »

I hate to throw gas onto an already raging fire, but I also hear that "standby" message and I'm not a VIP listener.  Of course, it's possible that I'm hearing it at a completely different time than the actual VIP listeners, but I have no way of verifying that.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: