gfxgfxEpic Rock Radiogfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 28, 2020, 09:02:22 am

Login with username, password and session length
It costs over $600 a month to keep Epic Rock Radio on the air.  Please head to our Patron page and make a donation to help keep us on the air!  The site is http://patreon.com/kailef and we really appreciate your help!
gfx
gfx
gfxgfx
gfxgfx gfxgfx
Search:     Advanced search
gfxgfx Home Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Avatars  (Read 3789 times)
Prior
Post Rank 4

Bach, Vaughn-Williams , Therion: it's all good

View Profile
« on: November 19, 2006, 05:23:13 am »

Hi Guys,
I'm starting this new topic for three reason a) I'm bored and just sitting around chilling   b) I am genuinely interested  and c) I can't stand all the spams taking up our "Off Topic Chat" thread.  So:

Kalief, I am not really culturally challenged, but... I have never seen the Matrix movie trilogy.  The neat avatar you use (the guy with the semi-auto handgun) I take it that that is not you but a character from the movie?  Am I right?

Amir:  What is your avatar a picture of?

Trekman: I am a comic book fan from waaay-back. So I like your costumed superhero avatar   Cheesy

JayPeeG:  Well, I'm not sure... is this a new version of the much beloved devil's horns Metal hand salute... only with one middle horn?   Grin

DevilChild:  Is this something from Todd McFarlane's Spawn? It's pretty dramatic and I like it.

I know I'm missing a ton of others, but these are the ones that I've seen lately from posters

My own avatar is a picture of a stutue of an early 17th century Italian Condotterri (a "soldier of fortune").  I like Italian Metal.  I like Deep Purple's song "Soldier of Fortune" and a statue was as "metal-ly" as I could get.
Cheers
Prior

now, I guess, back to the spam

"If I ever die of a heart attack, I hope it will be from playing my stereo too loud"  -- Anonymous

"Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence"
-- Robert Fripp
Prior
Post Rank 4

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2006, 05:40:28 am »

I hate to answer my own post   Cheesy  but... I forgot to mention:
ivancorea:  Great superhero head shot.. Looks a bit like a "pissed off" Batman.  This is your own artwork right?

iofodin:  Great dragon (is there such a thing as a non-great dragon to a Power Metal listener  Cheesy )

spiznak:  It's some famous anime hero right?  I know nothing about anime (I did see the two full length movies "Metropolis" and "Spirited Away" and loved them both)

Havok:  I love the battle warrior!!  This may be my favorite ERR avatar

I like the one of Wolverine with his slicing claws too... forget which one of you has that one.
Cio,
Prior

"If I ever die of a heart attack, I hope it will be from playing my stereo too loud"  -- Anonymous

-- Robert Fripp
JayPeeG
ERR Champion
Post Rank 3

Rocking out, one day at a time.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2006, 03:15:32 pm »

JayPeeG: ?Well, I'm not sure... is this a new version of the much beloved devil's horns Metal hand salute... only with one middle horn? ? Grin

Yup! ?With negative and sepia effects randomly stacked and raised design! ?You can almost feel the picture. ?Cheesy
« Last Edit: November 19, 2006, 03:16:54 pm by JayPeeG » Logged

~ Powerquest makes me want to grow a mullet and drive a Trans-Am.   - Creed
amir
ERR Staff
Post Rank 5

amirsaffari
View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2006, 07:33:38 pm »

Well, my avatar comes after I became upgraded as Admin here in board. Since the big boss (Kailef) has the Agent Smith picture from Matrix I , I chose to be the Agent Johnson, who replaced the Smith in Matrix II after Neo defeated him in the first one. Well I think the Matrix is some sort of nice sci-fi fantasy movie about epic battles between evil and good, but of course in future with robots, computers, and stuff like that. I specially liked the first one and then second and third ones weren't that much interesting to me.
Prior
Post Rank 4

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2006, 09:02:03 am »

Oh, JayPeeG, I do "feel" the picture, especially the sepia   Grin

Amir, now that's cool that you too are using a Martix character photo for your avatar. Johnson (Amir) assisting the original bad-ass, Smith (Kalief)  Grin
I'm really going to have to rent these movies (I already like some of the music in the scores, by Don Davis)
Prior

-- Robert Fripp
Kailef
The Boss
Post Rank 5

Symphonic Powermetal Rules!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2006, 10:37:41 am »

The firist Matrix movie was really impressive, and is among my all time favorite movies.  Unique, innovative, exciting, and fun.  The second and third were good too, but only slightly so - Nowhere as good as the first one, but not "bad".

Guildmaster

Creator

Warlord

Guildmaster

ONBE

Music Composer

SysOp
PIF Silvergate

Epic Rock Radio

House Jurai

The Poets' Circle

Recipient

Shroud of the Avatar

Sanctum II BBS

JayPeeG
ERR Champion
Post Rank 3

Rocking out, one day at a time.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2006, 03:20:28 pm »

The first one just had too much of an impact towards the new animation techniques for "super powerful" action in movies.  That was another factor that made this movie one of the greatest and, at the same time, made it's sequels feel empty.  It just wasn't new anymore.

~ Powerquest makes me want to grow a mullet and drive a Trans-Am.   - Creed
amir
ERR Staff
Post Rank 5

amirsaffari
View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2006, 06:40:03 pm »

Exactly, the first one had lots of innovations, like those nice visual effects or even the concept and philosophy, but then in the second and third ones it was just too much emphasis on only repeating those effects or bringing the concept of matrix to some stupid levels.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: