gfxgfxEpic Rock Radiogfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 06, 2020, 04:33:42 pm

Login with username, password and session length
It costs over $600 a month to keep Epic Rock Radio on the air.  Please head to our Patron page and make a donation to help keep us on the air!  The site is http://patreon.com/kailef and we really appreciate your help!
gfx
gfx
gfxgfx
gfxgfx gfxgfx
Search:     Advanced search
gfxgfx Home Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Betrayal on the Spanish Main  (Read 4219 times)
amir
ERR Staff
Post Rank 5

amirsaffari
View Profile WWW
« on: November 20, 2006, 02:02:30 am »

I have not checked the "Top 5 Requests" part of the ERR for a long time, and today when I looked at it I saw a record for "Betrayal on the Spanish Main", 465 requests within 30 days, this means 15.5 request per day Cheesy, and roughly speaking you should hear this song on our radio once in a 1.5 hours Wink (well I hear it a few times a day, but I don't count how many exactly), and more interestingly it is coming from a band that I couldn't even locate their website Smiley. I think we have got lots of Pirate-lovers here on ERR Grin
Kailef
The Boss
Post Rank 5

Symphonic Powermetal Rules!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2006, 03:31:24 am »

It's kind of crazy, but for some reason there are loads of people who like that song.

Honestly, I like it too, although not as much as everyone else seems to.  Heh.

What's fascinating about it is that people request it so much, I had to take it out of rotation - It doensn't play AT ALL unless someone requests it, yet, it plays all the time.  Crazy.

Guildmaster

Creator

Warlord

Guildmaster

ONBE

Music Composer

SysOp
PIF Silvergate

Epic Rock Radio

House Jurai

The Poets' Circle

Recipient

Shroud of the Avatar

Sanctum II BBS

amir
ERR Staff
Post Rank 5

amirsaffari
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2006, 06:20:02 am »

I like it too, it has a nice epic story and a nice melody with lots of ups and downs, but honestly I am more requesting Nightwish and Falconer ones Cheesy.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2006, 06:22:46 am by amirsaffari » Logged
JayPeeG
ERR Champion
Post Rank 3

Rocking out, one day at a time.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2006, 02:57:54 pm »

Well, the top 5 requests aren't really just for the last 30 days.  The counters have never reset as far as I know.  The Clarion Call doesn't get requested that much anymore and I sure as hell know that Betrayal on the Spanish Main does not play every one and a half hour, every day.  Wink

~ Powerquest makes me want to grow a mullet and drive a Trans-Am.   - Creed
Kailef
The Boss
Post Rank 5

Symphonic Powermetal Rules!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2006, 04:52:00 pm »

Yeah, they seem to be a little off these days.  I'm thinking of resetting them to zero and seeing what it looks like....

Guildmaster

Creator

Warlord

Guildmaster

ONBE

Music Composer

SysOp
PIF Silvergate

Epic Rock Radio

House Jurai

The Poets' Circle

Recipient

Shroud of the Avatar

Sanctum II BBS

amir
ERR Staff
Post Rank 5

amirsaffari
View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2006, 06:48:08 pm »

I think, if implemened correctly, last 30 days are calculated continuously not on a monthly basis, so we should never see it reseted unless in last 30 days there wouldn't be any request, so I think it works correctly even it never resets to zero begining of each month.
JayPeeG
ERR Champion
Post Rank 3

Rocking out, one day at a time.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2006, 06:16:05 pm »

Close, but not exactly.  
The requests that were made 30 days ago should be substracted from the score unless an equal number of requests for the same songs occur on the same day.  
The way I see it, the numbers have just been going up, and up, and up...since the day I started listening.

Yesterday, Glorious Janitors had 465 requests for Betrayal on the Spanish Main, and today they have 466.  When achieving a maximum number of requests per day, the numbers would eventually remain the same.  And if requests go down, the numbers as well.  There's no way they can just keep going up.

Suffice to say, it ain't workin' right.  Wink

~ Powerquest makes me want to grow a mullet and drive a Trans-Am.   - Creed
amir
ERR Staff
Post Rank 5

amirsaffari
View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2006, 06:30:54 pm »

You are right JayPee, may be it is not really working correctly Wink
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: