gfxgfxEpic Rock Radiogfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 14, 2019, 07:02:29 pm

Login with username, password and session length
It costs over $600 a month to keep Epic Rock Radio on the air.  Please head to our Patron page and make a donation to help keep us on the air!  The site is http://patreon.com/kailef and we really appreciate your help!
gfx
gfx
gfxgfx
gfxgfx gfxgfx
Search:     Advanced search
gfxgfx Home Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Poll
Question: Should we get rid of Radionomy?
Yes, I don't like the advert tracks.
No, it gives us wider exposure
I'm not sure, what are the pros and cons?
What's Radionomy?

Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: Should we drop Radionomy?  (Read 9054 times)
Kailef
The Boss
Post Rank 5

Symphonic Powermetal Rules!

View Profile WWW
« on: June 10, 2016, 07:54:14 pm »

Question for everyone!

Should we drop Radionomy, or keep it?  It doesn't cost us anything to continue to use Radionomy, however, it is:

(A) Geoblocked in a variety of countries
(B) Requires us to keep the "Advert" songs in the queue

If we drop Radionomy, we can get rid of the Advert tracks completely.  We have to keep them if we're going to keep using Radionomy, becuase Radionomy plays their commercials over those Advert tracks.  So, everyone will keep hearing those same boring advert tracks on the SonixCast stream...

What do you think?  Let V and I know!

Guildmaster

Creator

Warlord

Guildmaster

ONBE

Music Composer

SysOp
PIF Silvergate

Epic Rock Radio

House Jurai

The Poets' Circle

Recipient

Shroud of the Avatar

Sanctum II BBS

LadyWoreBlack
ERR Champion
Post Rank 4

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2016, 08:00:26 pm »

Drop it like a bad habit.  Grin It serves little purpose, especially the geo-blocking part.

"Chase the light I see ahead, luminate the path I tread, I live to be the best I can" Queensryche - Best I Can
~V~
Lead Administrator
Post Rank 5

Epic-Rock-Radio-V@live.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2016, 08:03:08 pm »

I would say drop Radionomy but perhaps we should spread this post around a bit because there are some listeners that stream through Radionomy because they are blocked from SonixCast. 

I'd wait a little bit more before deciding.

EPIC ROCK RADIO, where metal, is the way it should be!
https://www.facebook.com/EpicRockRadioVee
~V~
Lead Administrator
Post Rank 5

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2016, 08:04:26 pm »

We can always create more Adverts too.

lady_chiviona

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2016, 11:18:18 pm »

Please drop it Smiley
I hate those 'advert', I did pick this radio for 3 things : excellent music, not hearing the same piece of music 10 time a day and few/no advert. I do listen through tunein or sonixcast to avoid the real advert but now I can't hear any more the musics used as advert and begin to hate them Sad
Music is on in the house at least 12hours/days... but those advert are now the most common reason why I turn off the radio and switch to my playlist
FeuerFrei-
ERR Champion
Post Rank 2

the freezing fog got me again..

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2016, 06:44:14 pm »

Kill it with fire.

Who is getting blocked by Sonixcast though, are they pulling the same region restrictions radionomy is but for different countries?
~V~
Lead Administrator
Post Rank 5

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2016, 07:12:00 pm »

I'd love for Radionomy to be dropped but we'd lose a handful of listeners.  I know we'll drop them inevitably, but I want to wait a bit more before we do to see if there are solutions for those that are blocked.  I don't know the reason why some are blocked on SonixCast.  I'm not convinced it's a country... could be their employer or another reason or two. :shrug:

Kailef
The Boss
Post Rank 5

Symphonic Powermetal Rules!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2016, 10:17:02 pm »

Not too many people have noticed this poll.  We should probably paste the link in the shoutbox a few times next week, maybe?  I know there aren't too many of us around on weekends, but weekdays during prime time we should have at least a few notice it.

Guildmaster

Creator

Warlord

Guildmaster

ONBE

Music Composer

SysOp
PIF Silvergate

Epic Rock Radio

House Jurai

The Poets' Circle

Recipient

Shroud of the Avatar

Sanctum II BBS

FeuerFrei-
ERR Champion
Post Rank 2

the freezing fog got me again..

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2016, 01:37:41 pm »

Another grievance to note with Radionomy and the 2 minute ad slots is that SAM will almost certainly butcher a "long-song" request. It has happened to me a few times already, and I just saw that it burned DarkSoul's Octavarium request.

IMO one of the great things of internet radio is that it is not OTA broadcast radio, allowing for less traditional "long-songs" that would never get airplay anywhere else. We need to hear our occasional "Octavarium", "The Odyssey", and so on.
DarkSoul676

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2016, 01:49:42 pm »

Another grievance to note with Radionomy and the 2 minute ad slots is that SAM will almost certainly butcher a "long-song" request. It has happened to me a few times already, and I just saw that it burned DarkSoul's Octavarium request.

IMO one of the great things of internet radio is that it is not OTA broadcast radio, allowing for less traditional "long-songs" that would never get airplay anywhere else. We need to hear our occasional "Octavarium", "The Odyssey", and so on.

What Frei says is true, I attempted to play Octavarium and it cut right in the middle of the song for a 2 minute song clip, then completely skipped my pick. If Radionomy is just gonna cancel picks because according to them it's too long, then I say no thanks
mengeltjes
Post Rank 2

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2016, 11:38:42 pm »

I know that Vlammie is having some issues with Sonixcast at 2 places she sometimes works at, so for her sake i'd say keep it a while.
As for me, I don't mind dropping it. Sonixcast seems a lot more stable.  Grin

Will work for Coffee
xr27
Post Rank 2

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2016, 12:25:45 am »

I don't like these advert songs and I never got blocked. If I speak for myself.... drop it.
But 2016 was no good year for ERR. End of live 365, exploding costs, a new server with problems, changing streaming providers.

It would be nice if more listeners would answer this question.

I have one additional question. I had the idea to print some flyers and advertise on the next concerts or a metal club nearby. Is that good or bad for ERR?

Warsheep
ERR Champion
Post Rank 3

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2016, 12:48:15 am »

I have one additional question. I had the idea to print some flyers and advertise on the next concerts or a metal club nearby. Is that good or bad for ERR?

Think big! Worldwide marketing campaign!

wool & cookies ...and cookies!
~V~
Lead Administrator
Post Rank 5

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2016, 01:18:37 am »

I don't like these advert songs and I never got blocked. If I speak for myself.... drop it.
But 2016 was no good year for ERR. End of live 365, exploding costs, a new server with problems, changing streaming providers.

High Five!  That's an awesome idea, XR!

~V~
Lead Administrator
Post Rank 5

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2016, 01:38:54 am »

Many bumps, that's for sure, mainly through changes beyond our control.  However, ERR will prevail, and quite probably because of the support system in place by our Patreon members and with SonixCast as well, and to include a special mention of gratitude to FeuerFrei- for coding the new server.

Stay tuned!

Here's to an awesome ERR community!

Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to: