gfxgfxEpic Rock Radiogfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 06, 2019, 12:14:54 pm

Login with username, password and session length
It costs over $600 a month to keep Epic Rock Radio on the air.  Please head to our Patron page and make a donation to help keep us on the air!  The site is http://patreon.com/kailef and we really appreciate your help!
gfx
gfx
gfxgfx
gfxgfx gfxgfx
Search:     Advanced search
gfxgfx Home Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Poll
Question: Should we get rid of Radionomy?
Yes, I don't like the advert tracks.
No, it gives us wider exposure
I'm not sure, what are the pros and cons?
What's Radionomy?

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Should we drop Radionomy?  (Read 8965 times)
xr27
Post Rank 2

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2016, 03:40:33 am »

I have one additional question. I had the idea to print some flyers and advertise on the next concerts or a metal club nearby. Is that good or bad for ERR?

Think big! Worldwide marketing campaign!

Grin Grin I would make one but my finances and time are limited ;-)
Muninn
Post Rank 1

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2016, 05:08:41 am »

If we could get a word from a known metal-listening-big-name, the marketing would sustain itself.  Grin

As for Radionomy, I too will speak for myself: I would drop it since i'm geoblocked, but we should make sure we don't block other listeners in the process.
FeuerFrei-
ERR Champion
Post Rank 2

the freezing fog got me again..

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2016, 05:56:17 pm »

I know that Vlammie is having some issues with Sonixcast at 2 places she sometimes works at, so for her sake i'd say keep it a while.
As for me, I don't mind dropping it. Sonixcast seems a lot more stable.  Grin

I find it very odd that only "some" places in a region are blocked. Do we know if that is a matter of the country Vlammie living in being blocked, or her workplace having some sort of website firewall in place that blocks some time-wasting sites? For instance I know many people have to deal with having youtube blocked at work, but that is due to the workplace's IT, and not youtube's.
mengeltjes
Post Rank 2

View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2016, 12:04:19 am »

I know that Vlammie is having some issues with Sonixcast at 2 places she sometimes works at, so for her sake i'd say keep it a while.
As for me, I don't mind dropping it. Sonixcast seems a lot more stable.  Grin

I find it very odd that only "some" places in a region are blocked. Do we know if that is a matter of the country Vlammie living in being blocked, or her workplace having some sort of website firewall in place that blocks some time-wasting sites? For instance I know many people have to deal with having youtube blocked at work, but that is due to the workplace's IT, and not youtube's.

I know the country Vlammie lives in, the Netherlands. But i don't think it is a geoblock but indeed a workplace block. Wich makes it strange that they don't block radionomy.

Will work for Coffee
surfie
Post Rank 1

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2016, 02:16:47 am »

Hi fellow metalers,

I use to listen through Radionomy on my Android phone, but now the app is not available on the Google Play shop?
Any idea what happened, and how can I listen now?

Thanks.
Ty
Kailef
The Boss
Post Rank 5

Symphonic Powermetal Rules!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2016, 07:23:09 am »

I'm not sure.  I just looked myself, and you're right, Radionomy (or Google themselves) have removed the Radionomy player from the Google Play store.  That's one of the problems I have with Radionomy, they have a tendency to change things and not tell anybody anything.

As an alternative, try this?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=tunein.player

That's the TuneIn application.  If you install that and do a search for "Epic Rock Radio" you can use that program to stream Epic Rock Radio on your Android phone, instead.

Guildmaster

Creator

Warlord

Guildmaster

ONBE

Music Composer

SysOp
PIF Silvergate

Epic Rock Radio

House Jurai

The Poets' Circle

Recipient

Shroud of the Avatar

Sanctum II BBS

Warsheep
ERR Champion
Post Rank 3

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2016, 11:43:05 pm »

Today an advert-song skipped Dream Theater's Octavarium when it still had 19 min to play!!!

wool & cookies ...and cookies!
surfie
Post Rank 1

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2016, 01:40:52 am »

Thanks Kailef.

I also tried this https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.maxxt.pcradio
and it works.
~V~
Lead Administrator
Post Rank 5

Epic-Rock-Radio-V@live.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2016, 08:33:05 am »

An Advert will play every 20 minutes.  After it plays, the countdown begins again and if there are, say, 3 tracks that have played since the last advert and there are only 7 minutes left before the next advert plays and now Dream Theater (or another long song) is up, will only have 7 minutes to play before the next advert, cutting off that song.  I think this only happens to the very long songs though.

Anyway, that's how I see it.

Today an advert-song skipped Dream Theater's Octavarium when it still had 19 min to play!!!
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 10:15:48 am by ~V~ » Logged

EPIC ROCK RADIO, where metal, is the way it should be!
https://www.facebook.com/EpicRockRadioVee
~V~
Lead Administrator
Post Rank 5

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2016, 10:13:58 am »

You'll especially notice this on Long Song Fridays.

Warsheep
ERR Champion
Post Rank 3

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2016, 11:11:58 pm »

It just killed Octavarium again, after 6 min this time  Angry Undecided Cry

wool & cookies ...and cookies!
FeuerFrei-
ERR Champion
Post Rank 2

the freezing fog got me again..

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2016, 07:43:40 pm »

Friends don't let friends interrupt Octavarium...
Kailef
The Boss
Post Rank 5

Symphonic Powermetal Rules!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2016, 09:57:47 pm »

I've modified the script to ignore the Radionomy's required advert time windows.  This may eventually result in our getting kicked from Radionomy if it misses too many advert windows.  The good news it that the system will no longer stop a long song to make sure that an advert plays within Radionomy's required time frame.

Guildmaster

Creator

Warlord

Guildmaster

ONBE

Music Composer

SysOp
PIF Silvergate

Epic Rock Radio

House Jurai

The Poets' Circle

Recipient

Shroud of the Avatar

Sanctum II BBS

~V~
Lead Administrator
Post Rank 5

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2016, 06:50:22 am »

That's excellent news! 

Gontrop
Monthly ERR Supporter
Post Rank 1

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2016, 04:10:19 am »

Sorry for not dropping by the forum lately...
And i'm going to be honest and say that i did not read the whole post.

My opinion, Kay, is that you should not and you know why I say that. Even so apart my personal "need" i have some friends that found Epic Rock Radio through Radionomy. That means it gives us projection to the world.

You should analyse the subject. The question you must pose after all is not if you should drop Radionomy or not. The question you should be making is: What is the main reason to drop Radionomy.
The answer provided by most of the peeps is the same: "I'm tired of listening the same musics every hour." or "The musics repeat themselves many times!" and "The musics are interrupted by the adverts!".
Now... the main reason for the first 2 is that it must have a small group of musics to shuffle. With so many bands on the database i think we all could work and find a huge list of songs between 30 seconds and 1:30 minutes to use instead of adverts.
The other question you should ask is if you drop it, what is the downside of that. Simple question with simple answer. Mainly you'll lose a couple of listeners (that would really stay very sad and will eventually find another radio) and I think a bit most importantly you'll lose some results in searches like "Epic metal", "epic rock", etc. that brings people to ERR.

Either way I think you'll find the right choice for the radio and we'll have to cope with it...

I'm here for any help you need Kay, so feel free to ask.

Cya all ERR peeps!

Gontrop

PS: Once again sorry for my bad english since it's not my main one!

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to: