gfxgfxEpic Rock Radiogfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 13, 2018, 03:21:20 pm

Login with username, password and session length
It costs over $600 a month to keep Epic Rock Radio on the air.  Please head to our Patron page and make a donation to help keep us on the air!  The site is http://patreon.com/kailef and we really appreciate your help!
gfx
gfx
gfxgfx
gfxgfx gfxgfx
Search:     Advanced search
gfxgfx Home Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: "Album of the Week" Intro's Wanted....  (Read 13502 times)
lucas_broom
Post Rank 3

Just call me Luca

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2009, 05:16:37 pm »

hmm... my idea wasn't aimed toward playing the song but voting on it... but i suppose people might req it alot to compare the two... Embarrassed

I knew what you were saying. I was kinda responding to Guidrummists thought. I think your idea would be cool for a every now and again event.....in other words, Kailef setting it up with a microphone or a sweeper announcing it and then playing the two songs followed by some sort of live voting. Now that would be a cool event. But to have two songs being requested all week by people trying to make their votes.....as you said, people might request them "ALOT". And in turn, we would hear them "ALOT".

This idea is great....

My band will be named Pagans Gallery
Absinthe
ERR Champion
Post Rank 2

Kaos_Deth@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2010, 04:46:55 pm »

Album of the Week -----> "Feature Album"

I just had a thought for a new "Album of the Week" like feature. Instead of having the album played every so often and playing an intro, what about just featuring a new album every week, essentially an "AotW", but instead of Kailef having to set up the new album every week and it being automatically played, we have a section on the mainpage dedicated to it with access to request it on that dedicated page. We could all pitch in with the info for each featured album just as we used to when we tried this a while back in the forums. People could then check out the featured disc as they wanted to. It wouldn't be put into the queue unless it was requested. In the designated section there would be a bunch of info on the album/artist, perhaps including a place for listeners to submit their thoughts (don't know how realistic this is).  Just an initial idea that popped into my head as i saw people discussing an album and the details surrounding it in the shoutbox recently. This would be a cool way for people who were interested to learn about a different album each week, without forcing people to listen to a song from an album every 90 minutes with SAM to blame.

I'm sure this idea could be made awesome if everyone around here threw in their thoughts and requests for such a feature.  Cool

well...... still waiting......  Grin it was just a cool idea. Be really cool to do with all this new traffic, and would get some of the less-heard albums played a little more, imo.
Im going to keep pushin this idea until some one does it, or shuts me up Grin

"...I can't wait for the afterlife to take me by the neck, and into the forsaken places i have never been..."
Feather
Post Rank 3

manthyanne@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2010, 02:20:55 pm »

I don't mind doing any sweepers if you need more. You'll have my horrible British London Accent over it, but hey another sweeper *thumbs up*

"...All I wish is to dream again, My loving heart, Lost in the dark, For hope I'd give my everything..." Nemo-Nightwish

Dreams are wings which will take us to the future~Kaleido Star
Omacron
ERR Champion
Post Rank 3

falling_pigs@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2010, 11:47:53 am »

Always interested in this type of fun, was just a little late in finding out.  Might have to put a few sweepers together for fun.

I am the univers, I am everyone, I am nothing.
Omacron
ERR Champion
Post Rank 3

falling_pigs@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2010, 05:06:30 pm »

Had all my gear hooked up and realized I don't have an audio program.  I had fun messing around though  Grin.  Are you guys still interested in this kind of thing?  It's amazing what you can do with a preamp with built in sound affects.

I am the univers, I am everyone, I am nothing.
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to: