gfxgfxEpic Rock Radiogfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 24, 2017, 01:38:32 pm

Login with username, password and session length
It costs over $600 a month to keep Epic Rock Radio on the air.  Please head to our Patron page and make a donation to help keep us on the air!  The site is http://patreon.com/kailef and we really appreciate your help!
gfx
gfx
gfxgfx
gfxgfx gfxgfx
Search:     Advanced search
gfxgfx Home Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Sean Tibbetts of Kamelot Has New Project - Sault  (Read 510 times)
~V~
Lead Administrator
Post Rank 5

Epic-Rock-Radio-V@live.com
View Profile WWW Email
« on: March 08, 2017, 02:34:03 pm »

Sean Tibbetts and Casey Grillo form the rhythmic backbone of Kamelot, America’s premier symphonic metal band. Like most musicians, their passion for music extends beyond the scope of one particular sub-genre. A few years back, Tibbett’s began to get the itch to create something that spoke to other aspects of his musical interests, and began formulating a solo album driven primarily by his bass guitar. As time went by, he began to realize that he wanted to go beyond that, and he began searching for the pieces to a new band. After failed encounters with three guitarists, a chance meeting through his tattoo artist, Bisquette Bewley, led Tibbetts to guitarist Curtis Jay. Jay turned out to be the first guitarist who managed to write riffs complimentary to Sean’s bass lines, and the two began working in earnest.

Tibbetts found the voice for his band in the form of Arcanium’s rhythm guitarist, Riggs. The introduction came courtesy of One-Eyed Doll’s Kimberly Freeman. Riggs’ stepped out from behind his guitar to showcase his unique and dynamic vocal style. Riggs also brought his songwriting chops to the table. Of course, Sean looked no farther than his Kamelot battery-mate, Grillo, to backstop the band.

The band name, Sault, comes from a Leonardo DeCaprio line in the film, Gangs of New York about an Irish American gang from the 1850s; “Do they have the salt of the Dead Rabbits?” Salt referring to their toughness. Tibbetts altered the spelling to avoid copyright issues. With a name in place and a solid line-up, the focus returned to the creation of the songs that would become their debut album, Seeds of Power, due out later this year. While Sault is the brainchild of Tibbetts, it is the individual strengths of the quartet that make the band something for heavy music fans to look forward to; an amalgamation of the many elements of heavy rock.

Sean Tibbetts' Interview with Metalholic

Sean has donated Sault's partial debut album to Epic Rock Radio.  When completed there should be 12 tracks with one bonus track.

Another interview with Sean and MetalTitans

EPIC ROCK RADIO, where metal, is the way it should be!
https://www.facebook.com/EpicRockRadioVee
LadyWoreBlack
ERR Champion
Post Rank 4

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2017, 03:26:12 pm »

I like the three songs we have so far. Noticeably different than Kamelot, which to me, is usually a plus in a side project. Can't wait for the rest of the album.  Grin

"Chase the light I see ahead, luminate the path I tread, I live to be the best I can" Queensryche - Best I Can
Kailef
The Boss
Post Rank 5

Symphonic Powermetal Rules!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2017, 10:59:19 pm »

Awesome!  And great work, V.  Truly awesome working with them and getting us early access.  Definitely a different sound, I like the rhythms quite a bit.

Guildmaster

Creator

Warlord

Guildmaster

ONBE

Music Composer

SysOp
PIF Silvergate

Epic Rock Radio

House Jurai

The Poets' Circle

Recipient

Shroud of the Avatar

Sanctum II BBS

~V~
Lead Administrator
Post Rank 5

Epic-Rock-Radio-V@live.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2017, 04:44:07 pm »

Thank you and I really like their sound.   I was excited that Sean was willing to share.   Looking forward to the completion which should be at the end of the year.

EPIC ROCK RADIO, where metal, is the way it should be!
https://www.facebook.com/EpicRockRadioVee
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: