gfxgfxEpic Rock Radiogfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 21, 2019, 01:49:45 am

Login with username, password and session length
It costs over $600 a month to keep Epic Rock Radio on the air.  Please head to our Patron page and make a donation to help keep us on the air!  The site is http://patreon.com/kailef and we really appreciate your help!
gfx
gfx
gfxgfx
gfxgfx gfxgfx
Search:     Advanced search
gfxgfx Home Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Your favourite songs in the library!  (Read 330 times)
frozenparagon

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2019, 04:28:32 pm »

My favourite songs of ERR.

And this is why i said top10....no one said 'copy the library' ....

I think they read it as Top 10s. Except Lady, she just didn't care
Kailef
The Boss
Post Rank 5

Symphonic Powermetal Rules!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2019, 08:59:27 pm »

Okay, I can't do a top 1 through 10 list because my favorite song shuffles around depending on what mood I happen to be in at the time.  But I'll give you a list of my of my very favorite songs on ERR.  This will not include anything released in the last year or so, because a song only becomes a favorite if I continue to love it even after I've heard it over and over and over again.

Also, I don't think I'm going to be able to cut this down to only 10 songs.  So, with the most sincere apologies to The Great Sheep, I'm going to have to drop a wall of text.  Sorry about that.  :-)  So, in vaguely but not quite alphabetical order, listed as "Artist - Album - Song", here are my very favorite songs on ERR, trying VERY hard not to pick the same band twice even though some bands truly deserve multiple songs on the list.

Angra - Temple of Shadows - The Shadow Hunter (Or maybe Sprouts of Time.  This whole album kicks ass.  Everything before this album also kicks ass.  Slow decline after this album though.)
Ark - Burn The Sun - Heal the Waters  (Easy to pick.  I really don't like their other stuff very much but this song kicks ass.)
Arwen - Memories of a Dream - Between Love and Pain  (Hard to pick.  All their stuff rocks.)
Areyon - The Human Equation - Day Three: Pain
Beholder - Wish for Destruction - Wish for Destruction  (Yeah, I know these guys aren't that good.  But in this song, there's something about the chorus that I just love.)
Blind Guardian - Nighfall in Middle-Earth - Nightfall   (I could just listen to the chorus singing "Niiiiight-Faaaaaaaaal" over and over again, all day long, and not get tired of it.)
Dream Theater - When Dream and Day Unite - Only a Matter of Time  (First album I heard of Dream Theater.  Was totally disappointed when I found that Charlie Dominici wasn't their singer any more!)
Dream Theater - Images and Words - Surrounded  (Yeah, I know, I'm not supposed to do the same band twice.  But it's a different singer.  Deal with it.)
Dreamtale - Difference - Secret Door  (This may not be the best song ever, but the singer, Jarkko Ahola, is awesome, and the lyrics, well...  This song makes me laugh.  A lot.  #1: Not a garden.  #2: Not a magical horse.  BTW I have spoken with Jarkko about this album and he hates it and thinks it is his worst work ever!)
Dream Evil - Dragon Slayer - In Flames You Burn  (Best revenge song ever.)
Falconer - Northwind - Northwind (Many songs on many albums that kick ass, but since I can only pick one, it's Northwind.)
Heavenly - Dust to Dust - Chapter One: Lust for Life  (A truly awesome band that doesn't get enough recognition for how much ass they kick.)
Jorn - Dio - Song for Ronnie James
Kamelot - The Black Halo - Momento Mori  (I kind of consider this entire album one song.  It's awesomeness incarnate.)
Korpiklaani - Karkelo - Vodka  (Because... How can I not include this?  Even if I don't like it, this was ERR's theme song for years.)
Masterplan - Aeronautics - Black in the Burn (This MIGHT be my #1 song because I ALWAYS love hearing it, no matter what mood I am in.)
PelleK - Absolute Steel - Metal Blowout Overcharge  (This isn't the actual name of the song, but is the pre-release name.  It's now called Absolute Steel but I don't care - I like the old name better!  Also I know this song is fairly new but I've listened to this track over a thousand times, and I still love it)
Quantice - The Phantonauts - Hoverland  (Awesome song.  Plus, Pellek!)
Luca Turilli - Prophet of the Last Eclipse - Demonheart (Specifically the version with vocals by Andre Matos.)
Rush - Hold Your Fire - Time Stand Still  (Not metal.  At all.  But one of my favorite songs of all time because of what the lyrics mean to me.)
Allen-Lande - The Revenge - Master of Sorrow
Sabaton - The Art of War - Ghost Divison
Saviour Machine - Saviour Machine II - Saviour Machine I  (Not the most original band, album, and song names, eh?)
Secret Sphere - A Time Nevercome - Legend  (This was a really hard decision because everything on this album is awesome.)
Seventh Avenue - Between the Worlds - A Step Between the Worlds  (I don't really know why I like this song.  It's not really that good.  Except I really like it, and have liked it for years and years.)
Seventh Wonder - Mercy Falls - The Black Parade  1
Shaman - Ritual - Here I Am  (One of the most awesome songs ever.  This is another contender for #1 because I never, ever get tired of it and always enjoy it no matter what mood I am in.  Also... Andre Matos!)
Sonata Arctica - Unia - My Dream's Just a Drop of Fuel For a Nightmare  (I know I'll get a lot of flak for this selection.  Especially since I like Fullmoon better live.  But I had to make a choice, so here it is.)
Symphony X - V: The New Mythology Suite - Damn it I can't pick a single song.  I just can't.  You  just need to listen to the whole album.  You have to.  OKAY FINE.  Um...  Absence of Light.  Fine.  I picked one.  Damn it.
Teramaze - Tears to Dust - Majestic Arrival  (This whole song is about the buildup to 2:30 and the breakdown at 2:53.  Truly epic, regardless of if you believe what the lyrics say or not.)
Terasbetoni - Metallitotuus - Metallisydan  (Nobody has a power scream like Jarkko Ahola.  Nobody.  It just blows me away every time.)
Thy Majestie - Hastings 1066 - The Pride of a Housecarl  (One of the most complex and amazing songs in the ERR collection.  I never tire of it.  A definite candidate for my #1 favorite track.)
Torman Maxt - Just Talking About The Universe... So Far - Flowers (This is one of the wierdest songs in our collection, but it's really a great track once you get used to it.  I've loved it for years.)
Vision Divine - Stream of Consciousness - The Secret of Life
Wuthering Heights - The Shadow Cabinet - Faith: Apathy Divine Part I  (Another definite contender for my #1 favorite song on ERR.  Love this one, love Nils Patrik Johanssen.)

Guildmaster

Creator

Warlord

Guildmaster

ONBE

Music Composer

SysOp
PIF Silvergate

Epic Rock Radio

House Jurai

The Poets' Circle

Recipient

Shroud of the Avatar

Sanctum II BBS

shootthemall
Post Rank 1

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2019, 12:14:23 pm »

@Warsheep c,mon calm down. no need for so much ranting in shoutbox about this matter.
Why people tend to break the rules is problably that they already have to deal with a lot of
rules and "authority" aside the internet "real life". The internet is still a place where we have
some freedom,not like back in the day but still. Anyway,i like the effort that you put in ERR,etc.
keep it up Wink

Also,the main reason i put this list here is so that its easyer for me to recquest songs.
If the admins find my list too overboard they can remove it,i can understand that.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2019, 01:27:35 pm by shootthemall » Logged
Kailef
The Boss
Post Rank 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2019, 09:14:53 am »

Well, and besides that, the admin is also kind of breaking the rules.  Sorry about that.  I just couldn't pick only 10.  I  just couldn't.  :-)

Guildmaster

Creator

Warlord

Guildmaster

ONBE

Music Composer

SysOp
PIF Silvergate

Epic Rock Radio

House Jurai

The Poets' Circle

Recipient

Shroud of the Avatar

Sanctum II BBS

LadyWoreBlack
ERR Champion
Post Rank 4

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2019, 05:22:43 pm »

Well, and besides that, the admin is also kind of breaking the rules.  Sorry about that.  I just couldn't pick only 10.  I  just couldn't.  :-)
That's my excuse as well.  Tongue  Tongue  Tongue

"Chase the light I see ahead, luminate the path I tread, I live to be the best I can" Queensryche - Best I Can
shootthemall
Post Rank 1

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2019, 06:20:17 pm »

Ok my list stay's then, woohoo! Cheesy
Kailef
The Boss
Post Rank 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2019, 10:29:26 am »

Time to respect the Sheep of War.  I'm going to try really hard to cut my list down to ten songs, and put them in order from 10 to 1.

Everyone else with a list of more than 10 songs, try to do this too!

#10: Seventh Wonder - Mercy Falls - The Black Parade
#9" Rush - Hold Your Fire - Time Stand Still
#8: PelleK - Absolute Steel - Metal Blowout Overcharge
#7: Dream Theater - When Dream and Day Unite - Only a Matter of Time
#6: Shaman - Ritual - Here I Am
#5: Thy Majestie - Hastings 1066 - The Pride of a Housecarl
#4: Wuthering Heights - The Shadow Cabinet - Faith: Apathy Divine Part I
#3: Secret Sphere - A Time Nevercome - Legend
#2: Angra - Temple of Shadows - The Shadow Hunter
#1: Masterplan - Aeronautics - Black in the Burn

Disclaimer:  The order of these songs can change rapidly depending on what mood I am in at the time.  In fact the urge to listen t "When Dream and Day Unite" and "Here I Am" is already making me want to change the order of these songs.  So, take the 1-10 order with a few grains of salt, but these ten songs are definitely the top of my charts.

Guildmaster

Creator

Warlord

Guildmaster

ONBE

Music Composer

SysOp
PIF Silvergate

Epic Rock Radio

House Jurai

The Poets' Circle

Recipient

Shroud of the Avatar

Sanctum II BBS

shootthemall
Post Rank 1

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2019, 01:16:10 pm »

1)Rhapsody of Fire - Unholy Warcry
2)Fairyland - The Walls Of Laemnil
3)Symphony X - Inferno (Unleash The Fire)
4)Lost Horizon - Highlander (The One)
5)Thy Majestie - The Scream Of Taillefer
6)Ayreon - Dawn Of A Million Souls
7)Wuthering Heights - Carpe Noctem Seize The Night
8)Blind guardian - The Curse Of Feanor
9)Threshold - Mission Profile
10)Pagan's Mind - Through Osiris' Eyes
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to: