gfxgfxEpic Rock Radiogfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 19, 2019, 11:15:53 am

Login with username, password and session length
It costs over $600 a month to keep Epic Rock Radio on the air.  Please head to our Patron page and make a donation to help keep us on the air!  The site is http://patreon.com/kailef and we really appreciate your help!
gfx
gfx
gfxgfx
gfxgfx gfxgfx
Search:     Advanced search
gfxgfx Home Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: ERR Classics  (Read 77 times)
Leyrann
Post Rank 1

View Profile
« on: October 23, 2019, 05:05:35 am »

What are the 'classic' ERR songs, that are played significantly more than one would expect? So not just any popular song - even though a song like Avantasia's Twisted Mind is played pretty frequently, it's not an ERR classic because Avantasia is also a pretty popular band. Of course, this list is likely to feature mostly songs that stand out in some way, which is fine.

I'll update this list with songs other people mention, because I have no doubt missed a lot of them.

Alestorm - Drink
Alestorm - Hangover
Annihilator - Brain Dance
Beyond Twilight - Hellfire
Celtic Legacy - Resurrection
Demons & Wizards - Fiddler on the Green
Devin Townsend Project - Universal Flame
Dream Evil - The Book of Heavy Metal
Dream Theater - Octavarium
Epica - Beyond the Matrix
Excalion - Portrait on the Wall
Firenote - She Stole my Speedos
Gloryhammer - Unicorn Invasion of Dundee
InnerWish - Kingdom of our Prime
Judas Priest - Painkiller
Korpiklaani - Vodka
Lost Horizon - Highlander
Quadrivium - The Labyrinth of Infinity
Seven Witches - Ragnarock
Shadow Gallery - Crystalline Dream
Sunburst - Remedy of my Heart
Tarja Turunen - Poison
Twins Crew - Angels Fall
Vision Divine - Colours of my World
While Heaven Wept - The Furthest Shore
« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 12:47:50 am by Leyrann » Logged
Trivoulge
ERR Staff
Post Rank 1

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2019, 05:54:40 am »

Not sure about Painkiller. I think there is no single favourite priest song.

But how could you forget:

also Savatage  & Candlemass have lots of candidates

And all songs about unicorns of course  Grin
Leyrann
Post Rank 1

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2019, 06:01:13 am »

Not sure about Painkiller. I think there is no single favourite priest song.

But how could you forget:

also Savatage  & Candlemass have lots of candidates

And all songs about unicorns of course  Grin

But see, that's the point. When Savatage and Candlemass have lots of candidates that means no single song is played extremely often. They're just popular songs from popular bands. I considered songs from both bands actually, but decided not to include them because there's no single standout song. It's Savatage playing and the song is When the Crowds are Gone, Edge of Thorns, Gutter Ballet, Hall of the Mountain King or even something else, it's not a specific song playing and "oh yeah it's from Savatage".

Also Octavarium isn't played that often compared to other Dream Theater songs; I'd say Home is a better candidate, for example. EDIT: Okay okay, I have added it.

(also note that it's not about favorite songs, it's about songs that are played often and/or stand out a lot, the kind of song that gets noticed specifically as that one song that plays often)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 12:47:34 am by Leyrann » Logged
Kailef
The Boss
Post Rank 5

Symphonic Powermetal Rules!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2019, 05:37:36 pm »

Only the old timers could do this, but we should also have honorable mentions for former ERR Classics as well:

For example, for over a year, Damnation Angels song "Pride [The Warrior's Way]" was played every time it was available to request.  Even further back, before we banned them from the station, Glorious Janitor's "Betrayal on the Spanish Main" was pretty much ERR's theme song.

Guildmaster

Creator

Warlord

Guildmaster

ONBE

Music Composer

SysOp
PIF Silvergate

Epic Rock Radio

House Jurai

The Poets' Circle

Recipient

Shroud of the Avatar

Sanctum II BBS

Leyrann
Post Rank 1

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2019, 11:26:33 pm »

Only the old timers could do this, but we should also have honorable mentions for former ERR Classics as well:

For example, for over a year, Damnation Angels song "Pride [The Warrior's Way]" was played every time it was available to request.  Even further back, before we banned them from the station, Glorious Janitor's "Betrayal on the Spanish Main" was pretty much ERR's theme song.

Indeed, those are the kind of songs I was thinking of!

Of course with the footnote that the people around now would consider them classics. Betrayal on the Spanish Main would be on the list if it was available for requests. Smiley
LadyWoreBlack
ERR Champion
Post Rank 4

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2019, 06:14:13 pm »

For a while Secret Sphere "Under the Flag of Mary Read" was requested pretty often. Threshold "Pilot in the Sky of Dreams" , Haggard's "Awakening the Centuries (ALL the time when I first joined), Cryonic Temple's "Beastslayer", Savatage "Morphine Child" (one person in particular), Delain, "The Gathering", and worst of all, SAM (and one or two trolls) used to throw in that godforsaken 18+ minute song by Finland Shaman!! I can't remember the name of that damned abomination since it was mercifully removed years ago, but it made me want to die!  Grin Ahhhh, the good ol' days.

"Chase the light I see ahead, luminate the path I tread, I live to be the best I can" Queensryche - Best I Can
Leyrann
Post Rank 1

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2019, 11:47:18 pm »

For a while Secret Sphere "Under the Flag of Mary Read" was requested pretty often. Threshold "Pilot in the Sky of Dreams" , Haggard's "Awakening the Centuries (ALL the time when I first joined), Cryonic Temple's "Beastslayer", Savatage "Morphine Child" (one person in particular), Delain, "The Gathering", and worst of all, SAM (and one or two trolls) used to throw in that godforsaken 18+ minute song by Finland Shaman!! I can't remember the name of that damned abomination since it was mercifully removed years ago, but it made me want to die!  Grin Ahhhh, the good ol' days.

The Shaman song is still there and requested on the occasional Friday. I like it.
Trivoulge
ERR Staff
Post Rank 1

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2019, 01:27:36 am »

[...] and worst of all, SAM (and one or two trolls) used to throw in that godforsaken 18+ minute song by Finland Shaman!! I can't remember the name of that damned abomination since it was mercifully removed years ago, but it made me want to die!  [...]

You mean "Mu Sieiddi Beales Mun Gottan " Firstly it is still there, secondly I (and surprisingly many other rockerrs also) like that song  Grin

But it is also very easy to understand why someone (or most) people don't like it. Usually I request song which I  want to request but that is only song in whole library which I try not to request too much.
LadyWoreBlack
ERR Champion
Post Rank 4

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2019, 07:31:05 pm »

Yeah, I know the song is around, but it had been disabled a while back. I have to say, I honestly didn't know anyone liked it! Sorry to insult you, Triv.   Grin Wink

"Chase the light I see ahead, luminate the path I tread, I live to be the best I can" Queensryche - Best I Can
Trivoulge
ERR Staff
Post Rank 1

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2019, 01:36:08 am »

Yeah, I know the song is around, but it had been disabled a while back. I have to say, I honestly didn't know anyone liked it! Sorry to insult you, Triv.   Grin Wink

Not liking all the same music than me is not insult . Otherwise I should be offended all the time because nobody does  Cheesy . Also how boring that would be?
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: